View Full Version : Mind over matter: This will stick you to your chair!!

Goonerr
30-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Ok, well... this video is pretty old and i found it on one of my friends facebook pages...
When it comes to this sort of things im the most skeptical person out there but this video really did stick me to my chair for about a minute... i just couldnt move!!! seriously... its bloody strange.

Open Video

Maximize to full screen..

Make sure the sound is on and your sat in your chair relaxing...

Finally... Play the video and watch, dont move or take your attention away, just concentrate on the video... this is what i did..

End result? i got stuck to my chair for a short period of time......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaDQDqLE3eA&feature=fvw

Duckman
30-10-2009, 06:29 PM
So.. Where's the video?
Also, it's not one of those ol' videos where there's a subtle envioronment and calm music right before the lady from the exorcist pops....?

/Duck

Goonerr
30-10-2009, 06:35 PM
video is in the post, not sure how it works, but i think it only works with a decently high resolution... its a strange feeling when it works.

Bunneh
30-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Derren Brown did something similar on 'live' TV a few weeks ago. I didn't participate but a lot of people did seem to get stuck to their chairs. It is indeed kinda freakeh!

It is Derren Brown :P I should have clicked the link (me tired)

Leeh
30-10-2009, 08:01 PM
damnit, did not work on me :< will try again, but doubt it would help

Ring0
31-10-2009, 12:39 AM
No there's no lady jumping out at you :p

I did feel a weird tingling sensation just behind my ears and a lack of energy; was able to get up though.
Also did anyone spot the subliminal images that appear on the video? They're kind of noticeable when the frame appears, probably there to make people focus on the video more trying to catch the next one.

AngelSakura
31-10-2009, 08:22 AM
what a load of crap XD
I tried it, played it full screen. saw 2 of those flashy screens in the clip ( think it's a person sitting on a chair) and when that guy said the movie was starting I found myself watching a white screen for 2 minutes. nothing happend at all.
________
Mflb (http://vaporizer.org/portable)

Goonerr
31-10-2009, 10:39 AM
lol it doesnt work on everyone and i dont think it works using monitors, alot of people have said it doesnt work watching on a monitor for some reason so i watched it on my 40" TV and it worked pretty well.

Oogie
31-10-2009, 10:46 AM
That IS what Derren Brown did on live TV, it worked on only a small percentage of people.

Alverion
31-10-2009, 01:00 PM
It only works on a small number of people because it's entirely suggestion based. He is telling you this WILL happen and if you don't have it happen to you then you aren't open, well-balanced, bright or creative enough. Through positive and negative reinforcement people who are suggestible in this manner will have this happen.

Doesn't work on me because I'm close minded, unbalanced, gloomy and very uncreative.

Goonerr
31-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Doesn't work on me because I'm close minded, unbalanced, gloomy and very uncreative.

Well i would consider myself the same tbh.

zerotaste
31-10-2009, 04:01 PM
If you watched the episode that exposes this, he says at the end that no subliminal messages were used, it was all suggestion. Therefore i think it depends how much you believed you would be stuck.. and how open to suggestion and influence you are.

I watched the first in this series where he predicted the lottery; it was suggested he used the 'wisdom of crowds theory'. He used the numbers his group came up with, didnt show anyone and placed them into a tube. He then threw the tube in the bin, used some camera magic and got all the numbers in the correct order.

Llort
31-10-2009, 04:50 PM
rrriigghhhttt, well, nothing happened tbh. All I am feeling/seeing now is this dark spot because of the bright white..

Bunneh
31-10-2009, 06:13 PM
...and that dark spot will get bigger and envelope your head!

Llort
01-11-2009, 09:58 AM
no, not really, it went away within 1minute...

Bunneh
01-11-2009, 04:07 PM
It's hiding behind your sofa, flee!