View Full Version : Bitterness - a guild break up

Raynestorm
27-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi,

I don't think this will achieve anything but I thought it would be worth a pop and its worth getting things out in the open if nothing else.

My guild "Denied" has been around in a number of forms for a very long time. Pre TBC it was known as Radient Moon - know as "The guild with the spelling mistake" OR "a casual guild that raids" and they successfully raided "vanilla" content as part of the WARD raiding alliance (with Wave of Heroes, Aesir Descendants & Dawn of Lightning). Come TBC a revamp was decided upon and the guild was reborn as Denied with pretty much the same active members in it. The guild successfully raided TBC content clearing up to and inc BT and a number of early bossed in Sunwell. Happy days (apart from one pug Gruul incident whch long time readers will probably remember).

Fast foward to WOTLK and things started in a similar fashion. Raiding was going well and achievements were being obtained. At some point however something went "wrong" and slowly but surely the guild started to pull in different directions. There were people who still wanted the "casual" side of things and there were people who wanted a more erm "efficient" way of raiding. Nothing wrong with either really but together they didn't create the happiest of environments at times. People started to move on....change faction....stop raisding 25's and just do 10's with "friends" etc. This obviously couldn't last and eventually it all came to a head and the guild split.

From this split emerged two guilds, Denied (but in a different form than before) and Mayhem. Long time friendships were strained/broken but people got to do what they wanted to do. Its not been a smooth road....lots of bitterness has been bounced around which (if I am honest) achieves nothing whatsoever.

Denied has doggy paddled around trying to find some way of regrouping/rebuilding. We recruited....started to raid again but nowhere near the level the remaining remnant raiders were used to. This led to more people moving on to more "serious" guilds and we wish them the best. We've tried to have a fresh start or "reboot" as you will. This mean't clearing out a lot of the roster which has understandably perhaps wrinkled a few noses as Denied was a nice place to visit but not somewhere you wanted to stay when you main character was elsewhere. To be 100% clear here we just wanted a fresh start from the remains of OUR guild.

Mayhem went from strength to strength as far as I can see. Its actually rather nice to see them with "Starcaller" titles and the like. I still see a lot of those people as Radient Moon/Denied people, to me the guild tag doesn't really mean an awful lot.

So this brings me to the point of this post. We have 2 guilds that were 1 that have gone off in totally different directions. You have your successful raid group and you have you now pretty bog standard "casual" guild. Yet for some reason friction still exists. I just don't understand it....neither guild is any "threat" to the other, both progress and player wise. People have got what they wanted yet there is still some need to try and shoot each other down. Trying to recruit people (in our instance) has resulted in /w's from specific Mayhem members basically saying "....why should people bother joining you ?" We have screenshots to support this but withheld due to the belief that no further drama is required. I know this same person believes Mayhem is harrassed by Denied members on SSE, all I can say from my own point of view is that if that is the case I have no idea who it is and will do my utmost via our forums to get it to stop.

According to said person the server knows "....that you're a bunch of nasty people" (as well as a "....laughing stock among old members") which I find to be such a sad comment. I really hope we don't have that kind of rep and if so please someone tell me why. If its because we wanted to rebuild the guild afresh then yes we are guilty as charged. If its because people didn't like have semi active alts removed from the guild then again I'm sorry and if you really want to come back then please just nudge me or one of the remining officers in game.

Hopefully we can all move on from this finally and get back to having some fun and eventually (well probably relatively soon in Mayhems case :)) kick the Lich Kings butt.

Thanks for reading, I just need to get all that out of my system.

Vaelorian
27-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I know this thread has nothing to do with AR. But the story is so like the story of how AR got kicked into existance.

On our old server a lot people who are now in AR were in another guild who was made up of - casual and hardcore - players.

At first it was all good and dandy. Vanilla was a pretty fun ride, but as content got more difficult the hardcore side got more and more frustrated that they were hold back by the more casual players. We also had a GM who had both casual officers and hardcore officers. This was good for balance in the beginning of vanilla but not towards the end and towards TBC.

Then came Karazhan and the making of A and B teams. Team A was constitent of the best friends of the GM and team B was well a rabble with good players and whomever wanted to raid.

This set a lot of bad blood especially since the GM never complimented team B for the progress they were making. Team B was actually getting much more progress then team A.

At this time, basicly most hardcore players didn't want to play with the "lesser mortals". They had enough, even in 5 mans. So they had "friend groups" and special pugs, that only certain people could attent.

They even had a special unknown to the GM and "lesser mortals" a special chat. A new /gchat so to speak.

Logically the guild split. And AR is the "mayhem" that was left, while the other side tried to continue.

It let to nothing for a long time. But after a change of guildname the old guild survived be it with a different management. It must have taken a shitload of work but they made it.

But even after all this time, some players from that old guild still perceive AR members to have wrecked their guild. Most players saw after a while this was inevidable and logical.

So yes this is a difficult time for all.

My advice: the players that left or are now in different guilds aren't changed or different from when they were in the same guild.

Why can't people see that? You liked eachother in the same guild but now suddenly thats changed cause your objectives are changed? I think not.

So good luck to Mayhem and the old guys from Denied. It's gonna be a rough ride but only if you make it so.

Vaelorian
GM AR

Raynestorm
28-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Lastest reputation received on Shadowsong Europe -

"....its been two months, get over it"

Erm thanks and that kinda proves my point....

Jarelan
28-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Ahh that's where Mayhem came from. Learn something new everyday. Don't worry Rayne, I can guarentee most people outside of both guilds don't much know what's going on or if reputations are bad. Especially on a server like Dramasong where stuff gets surpassed regularly.

Phanthastic
28-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Poor drama... :(

I expected more from title.

Windcape
28-10-2009, 03:42 PM
I always wondered why people were to fussed about the guild tag they or their friends wears.

The game is about the people you play with right? My friends are still my friends, even I played on other servers and in other guilds for several years. It was never about the guild tag, it was about the people.

Many of us around the community is long termed players, I've personally played over 4 years. If we were to be bitter and sad every time a guild disbanded and new ones were created, we would spend 4 years being bitter and sad. If your friends isn't your friends because they change guild, then they weren't very good friends in the first place. Or you aren't a very good friend if you don't respect their choices.

Ignoring the drama, I think more people should remember that the people are still on your realm, and your faction. On your friendlist. Good friends will always play with you, even you're not in their guild. The fact you have to be without your friends for a stunning 3x4 hours a week (Think that's the standard raid time today) isn't really that much of a issue, is it now?

Remember this, focus on the people, not the game.

Raynestorm
28-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Lastest reputation received on Shadowsong Europe -

"....its been two months, get over it"

Erm thanks and that kinda proves my point....

Oh it gets better (actually I am having a small laugh at the time people waste making these "hidden" comments) :

"....I would like to give you a penis massage"

I truly hope your a girl and if so mail me :)

"....grow up"

Wonder where that came from ?

"....sad sad man"

Again wonder where that came from ?

The past is the past, we want to move on yet it seems others (probably the same people who have made the ROFL reputation posts above) don't. We WANT to get over it....if you don't its your problem NOT ours so leave us alone.

In other news thanks for all the nice and pleasant comments :)

Magwitch
28-10-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm guessing it's the same people who sent these:

(and yes I know who you are, the rep system isn't as anonymous as you might think)

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/wimpybuck/SSE1.jpg

What's particularly sad is that you keep digging up old posts from weeks back to continue giving me bad rep.

edit..just checked my user cp and another love letter was waiting for me.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/wimpybuck/SSE2-1.jpg

Flawless
28-10-2009, 08:17 PM
WE WANT NAMES... please

Über
28-10-2009, 08:47 PM
WE WANT NAMES... please

I was the one +repping & offering him the penis massage. I thought the guy had been through a lot so why not relieve him of his stress with a nice massage.

I truly hope your a girl and if so mail me :)

I'm a 27-year-old hairy man. Is that a problem?

Raynestorm
28-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Your not my type I bet ;)

Slicer
28-10-2009, 08:50 PM
your
Your
UR
YOUR.

Also, rep fight!

Über
28-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Your not my type I bet ;)

Does that winking smiley mean that don't really mean that but in fact the exact opposite? It sure does indicate to that!

Raynestorm
28-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Does that winking smiley mean that don't really mean that but in fact the exact opposite? It sure does indicate to that!

Maybe if you shave 1st ?

But sadly I know who offered the "massage" and my message to them is I don't do hobbits....male or female....

Turiel
28-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Maybe if you shave 1st ?

But sadly I know who offered the "massage" and my message to them is I don't do hobbits....male or female....

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/pumpputnam/oh_no_you_didnt.gif

Raynestorm
29-10-2009, 07:48 AM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/pumpputnam/oh_no_you_didnt.gif

OOP's :rolleyes:

In other news we hopefully restart guild raiding with an Ulduar 10 run tonight, see bumped recruitment thread for things/people that could enhance this experience :D

Vaelorian
29-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Hey giving penis massages is my signature thing.

Get your own!

hits
29-10-2009, 06:48 PM

Get your own!

Was about to say :P

lorlad
29-10-2009, 09:42 PM

Get your own!

I concur :hiding: