View Full Version : Massive selloff

Knievel
21-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Just thought I'd let all those AH ninjas know I'm selling off the biggest stock ever this weekend all starting at 1g or less. There will be over a thousand mostly rare items, leftovers from when I made my million gold a few weeks ago.

(Afaik thats a server first but no big deal as it has become exceptionally easy to make gold with each new expansion. To make it with minimal effort and no camping was my achievement, but thats another story....)

I'll try to make sure there are good buys with buyouts as well as low startings so if you ever wanted anything older or weirder they'll be on sale for 1g starting.

I think theres equal numbers of stuff ally and horde, look for auctions by Milliondude and Milliongirl.

O and if you seriously want to buy an item dont just bid the next tiny increment, bid the lowest fair price which should see off all those nasty campers and ninjas.

Good luck and enjoy

:)

Faylin
21-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Grats on a million gold I guess. What the fuck are you going to do with it?

Tyrannis
21-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Buy a condo in the hills I guess :)

Grays K

Über
21-10-2009, 09:51 AM
no big deal as it has become exceptionally easy to make gold with each new expansion

Still quite impressive. Grats.

Knievel
21-10-2009, 10:16 AM
no condos or castles in this game sadly, but then we're saved from the Ultima franchise at least, heh.

just did it for the trading game, and had the idea of selling a guide at some point.

was actually a bigger achievement to have 50k in vanilla wow than a million now.

Anyways, auctions will go up Friday afternoon, ending Sunday afternoon.

Bunneh
21-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Muffs wants a motorcycle *camps AH*

Knievel
23-10-2009, 07:20 PM
sale is now on

comes to about 5,000 items horde and ally

lots of shards and older fayre, but also lots of teaser items. over half the entire AH stock of rares and epics are at 1g/1 silver starting.

they're due to expire Sunday between 2.30 and 4.30 server approximately

Sylfide
23-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Just curious. What was your AH mule name? Since you do the sellout I assume you are going out of business and I since used to know all the serious AH traders names I just wondered who you were

Ring0
23-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Bloody hell that's a lot of stuff.

*Starts bidding*

So whose's guild bank got pillaged? :p

Knievel
23-10-2009, 09:27 PM
as regards mules I had about 12, most of which u would recognise ofc. I think overall I tended to have about 10% of all auctions posted at weekends. the key is to have a routine and the right addons then it takes no time. So, no one toon I care to disclose ^^

Its best to have one mule for each sector you trade in - e.g. one for patterns, one for rares, one for enchants etc. Also to have one sweeper alt for opportunistic buys and sales.
That structure would be replicated Horde and Ally, also with importer/exporter toons, spy toons (to track competition) and loads of other stuff if you really get into the trade game properly.

For this little stunt, I just centralised all of the old stuff in the Millionxxx alts and then used Igor and Auctioneer to post them automatically.

In general no banks got 'pillaged' I did approach or offload stuff as favours, and only got stung once (on shoulders patterns when the BoA items came up). Most of the stuff came from buying at the right times in the right places. I seem to remeber theres a marketing cliche called the 4 Ps (place product, price and positioning)...

So yer Im a money geek, I use lots of alts and all was done at fair prices and not ripping people off, which was a bit different to the 'overprice everything' type of traders.

Sylfide
23-10-2009, 09:52 PM
I stopped doing AH long time ago. 100k was sufficient so all these new wotlk things isnt my speciality. I only used 1-2 mules back in the day :)

Malchous
24-10-2009, 03:24 AM
One question still remains, did you spam our tradez? ;D

Gz for goldz :)

Malcheez

Faylin
26-10-2009, 10:00 AM
I checked AH this weekend quite a bit and man.. you had a LOT of auctions running. Guess that's what it takes to make such absurd sums of gold, but seeying that made me realise I was glad I never stepped into the "AH game". I just rather spend my time actually playing.

(but bought a few blue items for my shaman for a very good price, yay!)

captpicard
26-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Personally I found the guild donations more fun, but congrats nevertheless Bul.

Tyrannis
26-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Personally I found the guild donations more fun, but congrats nevertheless Bul.

But but that was top secret and noone should know where the golds come from!!

captpicard
26-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Oops.

Knievel
05-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Oops.

well at the time there was little ubnderstanding that the AH could be a game and people assumed it was about ripping others off. Lots of traders do exactly that, so I tried to win the trading game, while behaving a bit better.

(shame on you Gheorghe, Gusgoose, Caarl, Exsecrabilis, Monika, Jenrry, Jordano, Dirty, Catrina, Nicolette to name a handful, but who's naming names ^^)

anyways Im thinking about publishing the full ninja list, with about 60 large-scale traders on ally and a similar number on horde, but Im not sure anyone is that interested. I was just glad to get rid of 5000 pieces of junk and to watch the mini-frenzy.