View Full Version : Battlenet Merging Problems

Muffy
25-09-2009, 03:58 AM
Hi, I am currently in Australia travelling and someone told me that my account has been hacked and "merged with a battlenet account?" anyone know how I sort this? Is it just sorted in the normal way or is there another channel to sort it? according to the armory all my items seem to have been sold etc...

I hear its a pretty common problem or something like that?

Any help would be grand..

Sorry if it's a re-post but I only have limited internet time :(

Cheers

Ryan

AngelSakura
25-09-2009, 05:40 AM
just send blizz an email. explain you got hacked and your account got merged with someone elses battle.net thing.
I had the same thing 2 months ago.
they undid the merge and gave me back my gear.
________
BMW N46 HISTORY (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_N46)

Theory
25-09-2009, 06:10 AM
you need to fill in such a special tab, providing a Scan of your Id, info etc etc

Muffy
25-09-2009, 06:53 AM
you need to fill in such a special tab, providing a Scan of your Id, info etc etc

Ahh, the webform?

Thanks, I'm not in a hurry so it's all fine, i'll get right onto it.

Thanks for the swift responce guys.

Beggers :(

Theory
25-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Probally all your gear will be gone and same counts for gold etc etc etc, you will keep the honor you ever made and also the badges/marks /emblems.
After around 2 weeks you'll get all your gear back by mail from blizz (might be wise to send an in-game mail explaining the situation. Just to make sure...)

I had the same thing happend to my account so I'm 99,9% sure it will go that way.

Gl with it

Theory
25-09-2009, 08:35 AM
oh and before i forget to say this; when you retrieved your account merge it asap with a battle.net account it will improve it's security if we must believe blizzard.

AngelSakura
25-09-2009, 08:40 AM
you get an email when your password gets changed with battle.net
I made mine into one after I was hacked
________
Winning (http://winningentrepreneur.com/)

Theory
25-09-2009, 10:55 AM
and it's going to take up 12 weeks or some, a mate of me actually needed to wait that long :o

dantheman
25-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Honor and badges will probably be spent on gems :/

Flury
25-09-2009, 11:42 AM
and it's going to take up 12 weeks or some, a mate of me actually needed to wait that long :o

Unlucky I guess. When it happened to me, I had everything restored the same day.

Oh, and be prepared...your mailaddon might not be working with those itemmails, so it requires clicking :rolleyes:

AngelSakura
25-09-2009, 12:02 PM
I got all my badges back and I got to keep the items they bought XD.
I even got some old Karazhan gear back I DE-ed ages ago.
took blizz around 4 days to give me all my stuff back.
________
Volcano vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/)

Theory
25-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Honor and badges will probably be spent on gems :/

serveral friends my lil bro me and my mother had all the same "hack" and honor nor badges was spent on gems.

Gruze
25-09-2009, 03:43 PM
^ Guess you were lucky and got a stupid hacker.

Muffy
26-09-2009, 11:05 AM
ahh yeah i'm going to get onto it and i'll make a battlenet ID aswell... so lame this, wasting time on the internet when i'm meant to be enjoying my holiday :(

Oogie
26-09-2009, 05:39 PM
ASSHOLES! I lost all my gear, gold and everthing in the bank, including the bags I bought to put extra stuff in.

Got my items back on the druid but so far im still def-gearless on the warrior. Mage seems to have been fine though.

Got my account back first day after the weekend. Also, had a whole 5 bags full of saronite and titanium ores :D