View Full Version : Official SSE Raids

Ring0
23-09-2009, 04:22 AM
In order to promote our new SSE community website I will be organizing Horde raids to draw more interest to the website and get some activity going.

The basic premise is that within the month the PuG runs on Sunday will now be sponsored by and for the community - reserved spots will be earning 'points'. These points can then be cashed in for a reward at the end of the month (Stack of Titanium ore, 2000g, etc.). Basically points will be awarded for in-raid accomplishments and I would like for you guys to come up with a few things that you would like to be earning points for:

For example an idea I'm having at the moment is awarding a point to the person that deals the most damage to Flash Frozen NPCs on Hodir, top damage dealers on the Feral Defender or doing the most dispels on Yogg. Basically anything that encourages less Champion Faesrol (http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=35576#comments)on them keyboards.

Hey Bohemia WTF does this mean to me?

Well, the only thing that would change is that only people that have spots reserved in the raid would be eligible for points. This isn't really a problem as the raid is full on sign-ups most of the time, and with this reward system interest will be higher, people will stop facerolling, repairing when told not to, etc.

Not only will it create more visits to the new SSE portal, but also it means I get to be selfish and have an excuse to convince people to focus so we can start on doing some of the easier hard modes like Heartbreaker/Speed Hodir and work our way from there :)

It's a win-win scenario.

Anyways, suggestions away. Plan is to get this going ASAP, but not this reset as the sign-up thread has already been done.

Senex
13-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Anyways, suggestions away.

The GDKP system (http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t77416-gdkp_run_discussion/) sounds almost as though it's custom-made for such runs.

Turiel
13-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Paying gold for items? Hells no.

I've read the post, I understand the system. Is it just me who rarely has more than 1000g? :P

Über
13-10-2009, 12:27 PM

I've read the post, I understand the system. Is it just me who rarely has more than 1000g? :P

Why not join a GDKP raid then just to earn some gold? Later on you can use it on another GDKP raid if you feel like it.

Oh and if someone organizes this, make sure to invite people who buy online gold. They will pay ridiculous sums of gold for single items making the raiding time absolutely worthwhile for those who aren't going to buy any items.

Flawless
13-10-2009, 01:43 PM

Yes,

Turiel
13-10-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm mulling over the idea now, and I kinda like it.

But I would have thought the main bulk of the raid is people who are gearing up alts and don't really have money to spend.

Ring0
13-10-2009, 04:09 PM

Seriously Turiel.... It's so embarrassing to be seen with you :P

Vegelus
13-10-2009, 06:03 PM
He's a tonk. Look at tonks here:
http://www.tankingtips.com/2009/07/27/the-upgrade-that-15-of-you-cant-even-afford/

Ring0
14-10-2009, 04:00 PM
The more I read that thread the more I like the sound of it.

Attracting better play sounds good to me. The more stuff we get done the better, and as the only reason we're not clearing Ulduar with PuG at the moment is bad play on Yogg this sounds tailor-made for us indeed.

Earning a nice stash of cash on the side for all the effort is a bonus. I mean with sufficiently contested items dropping you might break even, or make a profit, and come out with a nice amount of epics. People who don't want anything might come along just for the gold and help the raid out. It'd also be a hell of a lot easier for me to organize and get good people interested in coming.

Turiel? :)

Turiel
14-10-2009, 04:46 PM
But.. what about all the people who are coming to gear up alts and, while they might spend money on their main, they have no interest in spending it on their alt.

Ring0
14-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Okay, let's assume Kuda wants to bring his newest level 80 of the week (sorry Kuda :p):

* Kuda can't realistically expect to get this alt full BiS, unless he had several grand to spend.
* Kuda stands a good chance of upgrading his green Dragonblight trinket for whatever the minimum price is. If Kuda has a reasonable amount of gold to spend he might buy his way into getting good drops.
* Kuda doesn't want to spend any gold but would rather hope to get lucky with /roll.

Most of the raid falls into category number 2. I don't know about everyone but I'd rather pay 3-5k to get a Scale of Fates than hope for it to drop and not get outrolled by some newb on his first run who probably won't be seen again.

For the people that want to bring alts and are not interested in spending it on alt: we can set the minimum bid low enough to make it reasonable (but still worthwhile to come for gold). At the end of the run you're certain to make a profit - you'll get the drops and come out with more gold than you went in. it's a win-win scenario.

Sure not everyone might be happy with that and would rather go along with rolling on drops. That's fine. With a GDKP system ideally we're attracting more mains or better-geared players who are after specific drops and essentially carry everyone else, instead of hoping that the mains have decent alt toons that they'd like to bring on the hopes that they might get lucky with a drop and win the roll.

Turiel
15-10-2009, 01:17 AM
I'm warming to the idea :P

Senex
15-10-2009, 08:18 AM
As noted in the EJ thread, this method works best for ToC runs: the instance is fast, the gear is good enough to spend money on, and even if the RNG decides to screw us over, Trophies of the Crusade will guarantee at least some gold in the pot.

Turiel
15-10-2009, 12:46 PM
The problem with ToC runs is almost everyone does them in-guild with their mains. It'd be a raid full of alts (and shit mains with lots of gold).

xul
15-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Sounds very worthwhile for totc25 but would people really bother spending gold on ulduar loot at this stage in the expansion?

Magwitch
16-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Well considering that many of the BiS trinkets are from Ulduar and still highly contested I'd say yes. As someone who actively plays 2 toons, although 1 is considered an alt, it means I don't have to pass on a much needed item for someone's main. And if nothing drops that I need, then at least my time spent will be rewarded with a decent amount of gold.

Metakerk
16-10-2009, 08:54 PM
We need this on Alliance side. Asap.

Ring0
16-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Well my Alli druid is sort of abandoned and I can't really commit more time. However there are I'm sure quite a few people interested in doing it so it just takes someone to volunteer doing it ;)

I mean:
Where's your 2:1 Alliance to Horde ratio now?!?!?!?!1111oneone

Flawless
16-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Sucking the cock of the nearest ret paladin... or something.

vattghern
22-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I mean:
Where's your 2:1 Alliance to Horde ratio now?!?!?!?!1111oneone

It's trying to get 50 people into 25 man raid, to make it balanced. To be more serious and on topic - are there actually any conclusions besides the other thread?

Turiel
22-10-2009, 11:15 PM
The conclusion is that this will be run for Alliance on 31st October, and Bohemia will be able to give you a date for the Horde one.

Ring0
22-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Oh snap! Springing it on me like that. I'll see what I can whip up.

Oblit
27-10-2009, 11:18 PM
What's happened to the Ulduar 25 raids on Sunday? I really enjoyed raiding with good players and we were so close getting yogg down :(

vattghern
27-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Boh got lazy ;) Joek!

Ring0
28-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Basically been struggling for a while to get enough people together due to Colliseum 25 providing better gear and Triumph emblems. I mean a freshly-dinged 80 can just jump into Colliseum and skip that entire tier of content, which sucks, Ulduar being my favourite instance easy.

Unfortunately once 3.3 hits there's going to be even less interest to do Ulduar. Hopefully Icecrown won't be difficult (in terms of skill not just increased health and damage) to the point where PuGing it would be painful.