View Full Version : Considering WoW again.

tedde
24-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi,

I'm sure most of you have no idea who I am / where but I used to play a lot on this server about a year ago or so. I have since played warhammer online and reached the highest rank in pvp , cleared all PvE content , the last one even as EU first but now there isn't really anything left to do there and I almost miss the mass content that wow had.

Is the game still going strong or did a lot of people leave or will a lot of people leave for Aion for example? My old main was an alliance mage called Tedde but I ended up playing on Horde instead and would probably continue there as well since I liked the look of those chars better and Hive was a nice guild (I assume they are still around?)

What do you think? should I do this again or try the anime/emo world of Aion?

Sloth
24-08-2009, 04:45 PM
http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13573

everyone knows who you are ! :-)

Gruze
24-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Haha

Goonerr
24-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi,

I'm sure most of you have no idea who I am / where but I used to play a lot on this server about a year ago or so. I have since played warhammer online and reached the highest rank in pvp , cleared all PvE content , the last one even as EU first but now there isn't really anything left to do there and I almost miss the mass content that wow had.

Is the game still going strong or did a lot of people leave or will a lot of people leave for Aion for example? My old main was an alliance mage called Tedde but I ended up playing on Horde instead and would probably continue there as well since I liked the look of those chars better and Hive was a nice guild (I assume they are still around?)

What do you think? should I do this again or try the anime/emo world of Aion?

I remember you.. but to answer your question....

World of Warcraft is still going strong with the new expansion "Cataclysm" on the horizon which looks promising but apparently they are going to nerf alot of the "Stats" which alot of people like, or to put it bluntly they are going to "Dumb it down alot for the more casual players".

AION is looking very promising with the developers quickly addressing alot of the community concearns regarding Raids,Bugs... etc apparently they are going to bring out a patch with more raids and PVE content for release, not really been following it lately but i will definatly be giving it a chance when it launches, there is quite a large community already and alot of ex wow players looking at playing it also.
Good AION website and forums, the most popular > http://www.aionsource.com

Avoid Fallen Earth, apparently its a big load of poop according to some people i have spoken to, Or you have EVE you can try a trial of, takes a while to get into but it can offer you some of the best PVP you will EVER get in any MMO, its more of a PVP game than PVE although it does offer missions and end game compexes for Corps (Guilds).

Personally i have just re-activated my Wow sub, im really not sure what to do, i got pretty bored quite fast while i was logged in, i think after so many years of WOW im totally burnt out!

And keep your eye on "Star Wars: The Old Republic" MMO, looking very good.
http://www.swtor.com/

Saha
24-08-2009, 05:24 PM

"hey look, Solkaner. Free HK."
hahaha

Egz
24-08-2009, 05:27 PM
rofl nice one haha :D

vattghern
24-08-2009, 09:06 PM
I remember that sneaky gnome!

Turiel
25-08-2009, 06:18 AM

Completely forgot about that! Legendary!

Evilstein
25-08-2009, 06:21 AM
ROFL!

That's about as far from a "free HK" as you could possibly get! :D

Haplo
25-08-2009, 06:56 AM
epic post...

And... omg... Egz, what brings you here again :P

Talsin
25-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Hey Tedde, yup were still around, feel free to send me a whisp when you get your sorry quitting ass back into the game

Psonica
25-08-2009, 09:09 AM
...but you're a gnome :)

iTank
25-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Legendary, thanks Sloth.

And wb, Tedde =)

Egz
26-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Haplo! :D too much spare time haha, hard to get a job here in denmark atm so i'm just setteling with wow for now ^^

Haplo
26-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Good times...
Im poke-able on Haptank nowadays..

Bleetman
26-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Only if you play alliance again, Tedde.

tedde
26-08-2009, 12:31 PM
It's nice to see some familiar "faces" again. Do I need to buy the expansion to pop in and say hi? or will reactivating my sub just work and simply not allow me access to the new areas before I buy the expansion?

Vegelus
26-08-2009, 12:52 PM
or will reactivating my sub just work and simply not allow me access to the new areas before I buy the expansion?
This, as always.

Turiel
26-08-2009, 01:08 PM
You can also get a Wotlk trial for free, for 15 days or whatever of access to the new areas.

Turiel
26-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Come to think of it, someone will be able to use the scroll of resurrection feature to get you your account back for free rather than paying for a resubscription.

tedde
28-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Now that sounds like a great idea.

Naughtyraven
28-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Just poke someone you know and I'm sure they will help you with a scroll of resurrection :p

This world needs more gnomes! (did I just say that o.O)

Psonica
28-08-2009, 12:56 PM
he's horde now so we pretend we don't know him ;)

Bleetman
28-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Already tried, your account hasn't been inactive long enough, apparently.

Jarelan
28-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Tedde do you remember our all gnome WSG attempts?

tedde
01-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I do recall that, and it didnt go so well if I remember correctly. Anyways, seems I'm gonna go Aion, got a team of around 25-30 people counting on me to be the main killer of things that can die from magic but I did have a look at that Cataclysm thing and it does look kinda nice. And seeing as most of you seem to still be here this is definitely not out of the question yet =)

Rall
10-09-2009, 09:57 PM
And here I am remembering Solk as a low level noob - and then again when he beat me in like 1/100 of a second back in vanilla elemental shamanism.

Welcome back Tedde