View Full Version : Can the raiders cut us casuals some slacks?

sageclaire
24-08-2009, 04:26 AM
Hi all, i am someone insignificant in this server who decided that she wants to play again after 3years of hiatus. And thus, my main mage ( sageclaire ) only recently hit level 80 a month or so ago.

I got this painful experience 2 days ago when i joined a group going to UP heroic ( looks like a group of friends ). All of them iirc are fully kitted with Ulduar gear and such, doing a respectable 2.5K-3K in heroics. What pains me was that with my gear ( mainly starting epics from naxx 10, blues , some ToC heroics gear ), is that even with 2K ( non-buffed dps ) as a frost specced mage, they said i was slacking. When my counterspell misses, the blames are on me ( well, i know i need more spell hits ) but cant they cut a bit of slack for a relatively newly dinged level 80? Doing high DPS is great ( i used to raid like there's no tomorrow ) but E-peen flashing on someone with FAAAAAARR inferior gear ( + abuses to them ) just shows your mentality.

Another thing is that, in that group, the druid healer ( from Inner sanctum with ulduar gear ) said that i E-bayed my character and kept on hurling abuses to me. If i wanted to e-bay my character, why would i E-bayed this lousy mage with almost no gold, clad in Blue items, no BoA heirloom etc? How do i reenter my old guild, with this pitiful gear? Hasn't he or she heard of the term casual players who don't raid, and that UP was her 1st run?

When i used to be nicely kitted in TBC and did heroics with PuG peoples, i never ever called them E-bayer, because i know that there are people who are skilled and those who are not really skilled? In those times, i was even open to give them tips and such, but this group i did UP heroic with 2 days ago didn't have the same mentality.

All i am asking from this rather long-winded post is that please, to those who have those Ulduar/coliseum gear, stop looking down on us casuals. We might not be as skilled and dedicated to you, so some token of humility would be greatly appreciated. If you don't want to give us pointers, we dont mind really. But please refrain from abusing us, E-peening on us and such. If you are in the category who likes to show their e-peen, please do group with people you know/ have comparable gear/ don't do LFG et. all.

Formerly known as Eclairs
p/s - No screenies to make sure no drama, since in the screenies, names are there.

Turiel
24-08-2009, 06:21 AM
Hey :)

Well, I guess its very unusual to encounter someone who is doing heroics for the first time this late into the game. If they invited you into the group, they should have checked your gear level beforehand and if it wasn't up to the standard they wanted, then not invited you.

If your guild remembers you then pitiful gear shouldn't really matter - its a fairly simple matter to upgrade nowadays, and you can get very good gear in the space of a few short weeks.

Soluna
24-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Don't lump all the raiders together under one banner just because of one bad experience.

I can assure you, that a large lump of raiders would agree with your point of view against the few people who treated you that way.

captpicard
24-08-2009, 08:44 AM
http://soundwaveskpfk.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/angry-mob.jpeg

Saha
24-08-2009, 08:53 AM
1. WB.
2. 2.5-3k dps in Ulduar gear is not respectable. I'd /lol at them in your place.
3. Admittedly we in Wrath mock PUGs quite some. But that's more of a case of 1k dps people who like to define their skill level as "full epix". And it's done usually in /g or on vent. Except, maybe, certain persons becoming perfectly calm after getting killed on KT during MC.
4. As old SSE person you should know that making a thread without decent drama is a fail, hence not posting screens is a bad thing.

Llort
24-08-2009, 09:59 AM
I even havent hit 80 yet >_> 78.7 now or so -.o so be glad you've done a heroic ^^

Gwynin
24-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Since when is counterspell or any form of CC needed in heroics? :o

Claire my dear, that group was just shit......

sageclaire
24-08-2009, 11:09 AM
1. WB.
2. 2.5-3k dps in Ulduar gear is not respectable. I'd /lol at them in your place.
3. Admittedly we in Wrath mock PUGs quite some. But that's more of a case of 1k dps people who like to define their skill level as "full epix". And it's done usually in /g or on vent. Except, maybe, certain persons becoming perfectly calm after getting killed on KT during MC.
4. As old SSE person you should know that making a thread without decent drama is a fail, hence not posting screens is a bad thing.

Well, if you all didnt noticed it already, the "respectable" part was just a mockery. I'd done heroics with my guildies and i know how 3K dps in ulduar gear is ( enter explicit word ), but i was just trying to be nice :) .

And at soluna, sorry if i mistakenly clumped the raiders, i've done quite a few heroics and most of them with original or other raiders nicely kitted, and trust me, they all are great. Sorry again if i enraged the 99% raiders who are indeed nice.

Phanthastic
24-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Fun thread.

Chuckled a little.

Bunneh
24-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Raiders in this expansion are not quite the raiders of old WoW. Pretty much anyone can raid Naxx and Ulduar, and as Saha said 2-3k DPS is merchant bank. Wouldn't worry one bit about those others you were with, they're not worth the effort.

Psonica
24-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Don't worry, the Inner sanctum guys seems to have some Naxx level gear (+badge stuff) and they obviously looted some attitude from the mobs they killed too.

A pug is a pug and one should not have high hopes on it though I generally ignore to people who is looking for someone to do, for example, Violet Hold heroic and I say that I can come and they respond with "wuts ur dps? u must hav 3.5k+?" those people generally have no clue what so ever anyway. It's the same kind of people who asks in /trade for "LF9M Naxx10, 2 tanks, 3 healers - link achievement, kk?".

That said, there is some nice random pugs out there - just don't let the bad ones get to you.

Flawless
24-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I've had to pug some healers some are pretty awesome, others can't healer other members of a party in VH. Had a destro lock doing 1.3k that was awesome

Gruze
24-08-2009, 03:57 PM
I've had to pug some healers some are pretty awesome, others can't healer other members of a party in VH. Had a destro lock doing 1.3k that was awesome

Didn't we have a pug lock with 900dps in some instance ?

Flawless
24-08-2009, 04:22 PM
hmmm... I think we did, I just wish you could see stats in LFG rather than taking a chance based on, guild looks alright, and their name isn't lééróyjékíns

Vegelus
24-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Reminds me of whole party in ToC hero being outdpsed (and outdmged) by my prot warrior. They had "epixx skill" and allowed me try soloing Black Knight. Twice. ;<

Egz
24-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey clair, long time no see. I've just had the excactly same experince in a heroic CoS run (dinged 80 a week ago i think), even though they could see i wasn't fully expid with ubar end-game instances gear they still complained over my dps calling me a noob and such, even though my dps actually was decent compared to my gear. Luckily we know that it's a minorty of the players on SS that's behaving like that.

Senex
24-08-2009, 07:59 PM
As long as you can beat the enrage/achievement/pizza timer, you're OK.

vattghern
24-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Reminds me of whole party in ToC hero being outdpsed (and outdmged) by my prot warrior. They had "epixx skill" and allowed me try soloing Black Knight. Twice. ;<

I lolled irl ;) Reminded me of some SWP pug when my DK was 72 with green quest items and she did two times the combined dps of level 80 mage and warlock on Brutallus.

Palados
24-08-2009, 11:39 PM
I pug a lot lately due to my late playing times and don't mind even green geared people. Once a tank had less HP than DPS, but we still were fine. Just remember the names/guild of those jerks and don't join their groups again.

Sometimes PuGs can be quite amusing. I pugged VH with the hunter bot once. This guy, after I invited him, didn't answer to any question or remark to his address, didn't roll any loot (not even passed), didn't loot any of 'his' mobs, didn't move from central spot either. And he was from a guild that I reported for boting about two months ago - met a paladin bot farming green whelps and then out of boredom tried to find all other guild members (using /who and making a /tar macro) just to see them botting as well, mostly in Duskwood.

Vegelus
25-08-2009, 07:21 AM
VoA25 yesterday was funny too, wasn't it Sendara?

Cheiftan
25-08-2009, 07:46 AM
VoA25 yesterday was funny too, wasn't it Sendara?

Reminds me - must swear at Malakali some more for making me log in and then telling me it's full.

Kabale
25-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Inner Sanctum on Shadowsong..?

Haplo
25-08-2009, 08:42 AM
Inner Sanctum on Shadowsong..?

that i noticed also last night, looks like a not really original name to pick ;P

Thrasymakhos
25-08-2009, 05:20 PM
The old Claire would've said: "OBEY".
(If you didn't do any BGs with Claire in the past, this prolly won't say anything to you.)

/hugs

iTank
25-08-2009, 07:40 PM
simpsons

I laughed so loud that my gf almost hit me :D

Gwynin
25-08-2009, 08:12 PM
that i noticed also last night, looks like a not really original name to pick ;P

Its not the real IS from what Ive seen of their "skill" in 5 mans..

And besides these wannabees misspelled their guildname, they actually wanted it to be 'Inner Rectum'

Kabraxis
25-08-2009, 09:40 PM
General rule is most pugs are idiots untill proved otherwise. I healed heroic VH on my alt priest using an alt ret paladin as the MT, the 3 other people in the group hurled abuse at me @ the start :P

Golden rule. Skill > Gear always has been always will be.

Tennents
26-08-2009, 12:37 AM
tis always the way unfortunately, people dont realise that you have to gear up some how and tbh most the people that treat you like that are noobs themselves who carnt do crap in a raid anyway

Bleetman
26-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Do heroics with me instead, Claire :P

Servelan
26-08-2009, 07:07 AM
I wouldn't - Bleet never likes doing heroics the fun way :(

Malakali
26-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Reminds me - must swear at Malakali some more for making me log in and then telling me it's full.

I never made you log in, Vegatable did.

Plus that was ToC not VoA!

And yeah - Always take Claires to raids when she is available and she always pulls her weight so id never have a problem grouping with her again.

Bleetman
26-08-2009, 07:41 AM
I wouldn't - Bleet never likes doing heroics the fun way :(
Two manning them with your druid isn't fun!

Well, it is, it just takes bloody ages :( I'm terribly dull, I know.

Vegelus
26-08-2009, 07:46 AM
I never made you log in, Vegatable did.

Plus that was ToC not VoA!

And yeah - Always take Claires to raids when she is available and she always pulls her weight so id never have a problem grouping with her again.
But it was you who wrote on /ra that he's saved :P.

Malakali
26-08-2009, 07:59 AM
You're both against me!

zerotaste
30-08-2009, 10:51 PM
In 5 man heroic pugs I want it to be quick and painless. I don't really care if someone is doing below 2k as long as the bosses are falling. If we're just hitting a wall then i'd start raising questions and thinking about replacements, but I've never had to resort to that in 5 mans.

25 man pugs are plagued with drama and a lack of structure most of the time unless your doing it with a reputable group of players. Should you choose to do content with randoms then expect these issues. I'd reccomend finding a guild or community thats closer to your gear level and progress from there.

Goodluck sageclaire.

Palados
10-10-2009, 02:34 AM
HC PuGer of the day: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Pr%C3%A8mox

Despite him having 160-450 dps we didn't kick him though. Tried to teach how to play. He completed 7 quests in his lifetime. Well, I haven't seen people like that yet...

thurlog
10-10-2009, 08:10 AM
amazing

Fnurgle
10-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Wow. That char must have been levelled purely to troll people with.

Xsana
10-10-2009, 09:15 AM
This character has done almost no quests and killed relatively not much mobs (45k mobs aint enough to work yourself to lvl 80). Wondering how he ever managed to get lvl 80 =s

Turiel
10-10-2009, 09:20 AM
BGs?

Xsana
10-10-2009, 09:45 AM
BGs?

Nope, he haven't done any bg =s

Was checking, just 5 times an instance and a heroic 2 times. Just 7 quests and barely an achievement (20 total)

the wtf is strong on this one

Vegelus
10-10-2009, 09:55 AM
(45k mobs aint enough to work yourself to lvl 80)
I have less than 3k mobs killed on my fresh 70lvl lock. While questing ofc, but that includes few MC and BWL runs and a 60lvl mount quest too. So it might be possible to get to lvl80 with that amount of mobs killed (add possible buffs from Outland/Northrend zones).

On the other hand I've done 55-58 on my warrior with just killing Timbermaws (back when 1-60lvling wasn't nerfed) for few hours, just to be able to quest in Hellfire.

elog
10-10-2009, 03:50 PM
It is just a pure level 1-80 mob grinder. 45K mobs shows that pretty clearly. I had 15K at 80 with my latest char while questing normally.

Just amazed these things still exist are given +EXP% items and the nerfing of everything before Northrend.