View Full Version : Totems!

Cheiftan
13-08-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm basically swapping around between dpsing as Enhancement and Elemental at the mo - and the choice of totems for both is giving me a headache.

Pre 3.2 I was using Totem of Hex for both specs. No worries there. 3.2 hits, I get badgers, I buy the new "Elemental" totem: Totem of Electrifying Wind.

Now, every sim I run, and most sources I can find, agree that for Elemental dps the new 3.2 badge totem is better than Hex. It should also be BiS atm for Enh too, and this is backed up my own personal testing for the most part, although the dps increase isn't huge. But for Elemental the new totem seems to be a big, big dps loss for me.

I don't know if this is due to a) my gear, b) lack of raid buffs, c) something else entirely, but Hex is massively outperforming Electrifying Wind atm. All this testing is on the heroic target dummy.

Interested to hear what other shamans on the server are now using (for both Ele and Enh) and their experiences, and hoping someone clever can shed some light on why this new totem isn't living up to the hype for me.

For reference - I've around 2700+ SP self buffed, 27%~ crit, and my LBs have a cast time of 1.77s (before the 200 haste from the totem). It's mostly 10 man gear and old gear I picked up as offspec while playing Enhancement, though I do have the 4pc T8 bonus).

Cheiftan
13-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Further testing on Enhance now shows me doing approx. 200 more deeps with Hex than with Electrifying Wind. Confuzzled.

Rather hoping now that Wind scales as well in raids as I presume it must.