View Full Version : Leveling spec

Egz
03-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Hi guys.

After a long break, im finally back on SS :D
I browsed the forum trough, but couldn't find any threads about a nice leveling spec. As i havent been playing for some time i have no idea about a good leveling spec so atm im just pure frost. I like the permafrost and ice viens for leveling, but im going oom pretty fast, but i'm also using pure pvp gear from TBC. Hope someone can give me some inputs :)

Thx

lorlad
05-08-2009, 10:06 AM
I used fire from day dot but i know alot of mages that used frost to level something like 19/0/52 they used, i think its personal prefrence though. i have only had experience with frost in pvp and thats the only time i have used it.

vattghern
05-08-2009, 11:56 AM
From my mage levelling experience you cannot go wrong with Frost. Only thing to decide is whether you would opt for AoE levelling build or rather 'single-target'. Note that this may vary these days as last time i levelled mage was in TBC.

Egz
05-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Ye i have switched some of my pvp gear out with more +int gear and using the same frost spec based on permafrost, frostbolt and icy viens, pretty good for single-target leveling :)

Teuregon
05-08-2009, 01:56 PM
I have always found it easiest to level as deep frost, with most if not all points spent in frost. Very economic manawise and can take on elites with close to no worry at all unless they are immune to slow, at which point you can pingpong them between you and your water elemental with a bit of mad kiting in between.

Fire on the other hand might be more fun if you enjoy high numbers or just playing around with fire, but you are more fragile and having a harder time on elites and multiple mobs.

Egz
07-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Ye excactly Teuregon, if you just have pretty decent gear and a bit of skills it's no problem taking out elites unless they are immune to slow. I'm atm using a 7/0/58 build which i'll stick with until i hit 80 :)