View Full Version : Ulduar gear for sale.

Saha
30-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Wrath is offering a chance to get Ulduar 25 man gear if you have enough gold. Basically, you will be taken to Wrath Ulduar raid and would be able to purchase any drop which is not needed by Wrath member main spec (like 3 out of 4 drops atm go to offspec/DE, so plenty of loot for you to get).

Prices:
1k enterance fee.
2.5k for epix.
5k for hard mode epix.

You would also have to show that you have minimum 10k gold before you get inside, since we are not quite interested in selling only 1 item per run;)

Bosses that you can expect to be killed to get various achievements/loots:
FL hard mode
XT hard mode
Ignis (4 mins achievement, 2 things shattered achievement)
Razorscale
Kologarn (disarmed etc)
Auraya
Thorim hard mode
possibly Hodir and Iron Council Hard modes.
Rest of bosses are negotiable if you you'll perform good enough during these ones.

Such a raid can happen either on Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday or Monday. 20:00-0:00 server time. You'd be informed which of the days it'll be happening few days prior to raid.

We are not selling separate boss spots.
If you need more info contact Saha in game or PM via these forums. Remember, spots are limited and there will be queues made. The faster you get into queue, the more likely you are to get in.

Flawless
30-07-2009, 06:00 PM
That's pretty cheap, just out of curiosity weapons are the price?

Saha
30-07-2009, 06:56 PM
2.5k for any drop except hard modes drops which cost 5k.

Frazoma
31-07-2009, 04:55 AM
Nice move to fill the guild bank with goldzzz :D

DarkRapture
31-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Sell runs, classy :>

Thorbadin
02-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Sell runs, classy :>

it's pretty common and besides better to sell smth than to shard it ;/

Goonerr
02-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Good idea.

xul
04-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Intrigued to know how much interest you get in this - seems like a good idea for "socials" but expecting everyone to have 10k kicking around gathering dust... seems a tad ambitious to me :)

Good luck anyway - should there be any room for negotiation on prices I'd be most interested to come on my Rogue

Vegelus
04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
10k is not much nowadays.

xul
04-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Then myself and fellow guildies must be the WoW equivalent of street scum living off bins outside McDonalds... 10k is alot of money imo!

Evilstein
05-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Considering people payed 10k for a completely useless (albeit cool-looking) mount in TBC I'd say this isn't too bad.
This is stuff that actually does something for your in-game performance...

vattghern
05-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Thing is that the Bear is still unique and t8 will get outdated soon (see Anthrraxx post about gear resets somewhere on this forum). Anyway I guess the prices are reasonable, irrc I wanted to buy that silly Malefic Hood back in the day for similiar price.

For me 10k is 10-11 average days of AH trading/selling stuff when I felt like spending 30-40 minutes doing so.

Über
05-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Intrigued to know how much interest you get in this - seems like a good idea for "socials" but expecting everyone to have 10k kicking around gathering dust... seems a tad ambitious to me :)

Good luck anyway - should there be any room for negotiation on prices I'd be most interested to come on my Rogue

Back in the day we had a hunter use more than 100.000 gold on our BWL runs.. We had good laughs when some of us bid against him on their unguilded alts just to raise the price as the guy was obviously buying gold & not giving a shit how much the items costed.

DarkRapture
05-08-2009, 07:56 PM
it's pretty common and besides better to sell smth than to shard it ;/
I know it's common but that doesnt make it right. I suppose in my rose tinted view of the world (of warcraft) top guilds should lead by example and not encourage scrubs to buy their way to the top.

the guy was obviously buying gold & not giving a shit how much the items costed.
If my point isnt valid then this should show you why sell runs are bad.

Über
06-08-2009, 04:01 PM
I suppose in my rose tinted view of the world (of warcraft) top guilds should lead by example and not encourage scrubs to buy their way to the top.

They are not buying their way to the top actually. They're still just as shitty players as they were before and getting better gear won't help them.

If my point isnt valid then this should show you why sell runs are bad.

Because a shit player who couldn't get into any raid groups decided to buy some gold and ended up getting ripped off? I mean I understood your point of view earlier, even though I didn't agree with it, but now I'm not sure where you are going with this.

DarkRapture
06-08-2009, 08:27 PM
I think anything that encourages gold sellers to do business in this game has a negative affect. Maybe at first it's just the economy going all out of whack but it soon leads to people losing their accounts.

I'm not saying gold sellers are the fault of guilds that do sell runs though, it's just one of the contributing factors.

Vegelus
06-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Any BoE/nonsoulbound item encourages people to buy gold from gold sellers. Thus it is You, one that's farming motes/eternals/whaterver for gold or selling all those greens/blues/epics on AH that makes people buy gold.

You can now punish yourself in any possible way.

Any kind of "pvp" economy in mmo (or other popular games) will encoourage them. You can't blame sell runs more than yourself. Same thing is with retarded no-skill kiddos.

DarkRapture
06-08-2009, 11:26 PM
You can now punish yourself in any possible way.
I'll be sure to hellfire myself to death as soon as I work out how to do it out of game. :>

Saha
09-08-2009, 11:04 AM
I think anything that encourages gold sellers to do business in this game has a negative affect. Maybe at first it's just the economy going all out of whack but it soon leads to people losing their accounts.

I'm not saying gold sellers are the fault of guilds that do sell runs though, it's just one of the contributing factors.

As Vegelus pointed out, if you don't want gold selling to appear, remove auction house and possibility to trade another person. Because everything that sells encourages gold selling. So, I don't really see your point. Futhermore, if you look at the prices- they are miserable. People payed 2x that price just a month ago to get craftables form Ulduar.

/shrug

Senex
21-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Speaking of Ulduar-related deals, does Wrath have any plans to sell more difficult hardmode completions (Mimi, Animus, Freya3, Yogg1, and/or 10-man versions thereof) to wannabe protodrake riders?

(Not that I'd want one, mind - I don't like how protodrakes look, so I go out of my way to avoid acquiring any - but a few guildmates and friends of mine have expressed interest)

Saha
22-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Not really sure of this since it kinda depends how Coliseum hard modes will be.

Senex
08-09-2009, 12:12 PM
So, any updates on this?

Saha
09-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Ohh, we're overall stopping with Ulduar.

Senex
10-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Ohh, we're overall stopping with Ulduar.
No Bear Runs 2.0? No Ironbounds sold for outrageous amount of gold to fuel hardmode repair funds?