View Full Version : Why Do Horde Win More?

Naturzel
23-07-2009, 08:46 AM
This may not be the case, But today, as I am currently playing, I have grinded 63+ AB marks within 1 hour, 18 Battlegrounds so far, and not one loss. But when I play my alliance we rarely win 2 in a row. Why is this? not all horde players are better than alliance, I've seen many skilled allies, why do we lose BG's so much?

Flury
23-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Tbh, lately with my rogue I've been in more winning AB's then ever before. Must be because of the people switching from alliance to horde.

It also depends a lot on which time you play and which players/servers you are up against. Doing AB vs. a German Realm with 11/15 DK's is kinda fun :>

Turiel
23-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Myself and Thrashy were playing today and were commenting on the fact that in all the BGs we played today, everyone was playing as a team, no nubs.. everyone was trying.

Was nice :)

Flawless
23-07-2009, 01:53 PM
It just seems to be me horde seem to work together more and know that the healer should die >_>

I'd also bet horde would win more AV's if they heavily defended Galv and cockblocked the alliance.

Flury
23-07-2009, 02:49 PM
I've noticed the same as Turiel when I was on my Horde char. Overall, the people were more laidback and serious about PVP(exceptions to be made ofc).

Just a remark though...for some reason I notice that the Horde mostly has at least a few (skilled) healers in pugs, whereas alliance sort of lacks them. This might contribute to more losses/wins in certain BG's as well.

Flawless
23-07-2009, 03:32 PM
At least the alliance don't suck as hard as the germans

Flury
23-07-2009, 03:50 PM
At least the alliance don't suck as hard as the germans

Lost a game past weekend in AV vs. 29 Germans with 40 alliance.

Raklezz
23-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Alliance is actually doing a lot better now than in TBC, at least it seems that way to me. I have more wins than losses in all the different BGs since the statistics function was added.

Flawless
23-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Its alot better, but there is still some mighty amount of fail

Konzar
24-07-2009, 09:29 AM
We do and will always fail in BGs :(

Anthraxx
24-07-2009, 01:49 PM
I won 42 out of 43 EotS :P Zero premades, doubt I even played one w/ any1 I knew.

Frazoma
24-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Tbh you have better chance to win if ou play with premades as alliance.Can't say why but when i am playing with my shaman i am playing always with retarded hordes with blues and greens and still we are wining. :confused:

Bleetman
25-07-2009, 02:28 AM
Mentality. Most Alliance apparently enter with the assumption that they're going to lose, and that every other player in the battleground is responsible whever things go wrong.

Or it could be our dribbling idiot ratio is higher, still. Who knows.

Lost a game past weekend in AV vs. 29 Germans with 40 alliance.
The ones I usually come up against have a thing for hugging Iceblood the entire game :(

Flawless
25-07-2009, 01:22 PM
They just stop at IB for some unknown reason instead of perhaps getting into galv, not that I'm complaining those german nublets scored me wrecking ball

Schwonky
28-07-2009, 01:01 AM
If you join random BGs solo as alliance, in my experience, it is quite likely you'll lose - especially in Warsong Gulch where the principle of getting flags seems to be frequently forgotten - Also a lot of random BGs contain a bajillion keyboarding turning Rets, DKs and Warriors doing random retarded stuff equipped with the obligatory Titansteel Destroyer and healers that don't heal - i.e. you are likely to lose.

Even if you go into a bg with just 2-3 friends that have decent gear, know what to do, work as a team, that can make a huge difference and the outcome can often be a win. Also, if there are some good players, you'll often see the rest of the normally headless chicken players suddenly start to play better.

I have a lot more wins in all BGs as alliance than losses and I think that is mainly cos I PvP with a handful of friends.

I'd probably gnaw off my own head going in there on my own.

Panzera
28-07-2009, 08:25 AM
I usually win, because I'm awesome.

Bunneh
02-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Won pretty much most of the last BGs I did.

The amount of times I joined EotS pre match, no one said a word, or even buffed each other, and then ran off in random directions was downright worrying. Usually tried to team up with a healer and a DPS class and hold a tower, worked a good number of times but there were other times were I was left alone and being bumshagged by 6 Horde.

AV seemed a little better, with tables being put up, soul stones and buffs going around but again communcation was rare until we started to lose, then the morons found their voices and started yelling abuse.

AB same sort of thing. WSG was kinda fun until you get those who yell 'were going 2 lose just die and we get 1 mark', or the graveyard campers. Found my best role was to attack and support the flag carrier, but often ended up in my own flagroom trying to stem the tide of 'The Horde Has Taken Your Flag!'...

Haven't bothered since really, could never find a pre made that would take me with 45 resiliance and Protection spec :P

imigrid
02-08-2009, 08:44 PM
This may not be the case, But today, as I am currently playing, I have grinded 63+ AB marks within 1 hour, 18 Battlegrounds so far, and not one loss. But when I play my alliance we rarely win 2 in a row. Why is this? not all horde players are better than alliance, I've seen many skilled allies, why do we lose BG's so much?

Its funny. This is probably the oldest question in WoW history :P

Turiel
03-08-2009, 01:35 AM
It was first invented upon the first day of the first battleground being introduced.

Miniloth
05-08-2009, 09:27 AM
I would think it's mostly due to the alliance wandering off own their own and the mentality "oh look 5 horde are coming at me I will just kill them all", then the inevitable "why did you not heal me?", erm maybe because "I was getting my arse felt while you were scratching yours trying to kill a squirrel!"

You don't let your healers die in a raid or an instance why should it be any different in PvP?

imigrid
07-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Ahh, this endless discussion where it always starts off with alliance being kids, then heading into alliance being egoistic kids, then after a while people start to throw in that racials and angry apperance makes all the difference.

In the end, it always comes down to God.

vattghern
09-08-2009, 01:17 PM
I was always under the impression that Alliance players couldn't think of any other solution to seize a objective than to swarm it. When they do not follow this sort of mentality they indeed sometimes do prove to be a worthy opponent.

Rarely I have seen Alliance players successfully going solo for an objective. Unless we are defining solo the 'alliance way'.

From the TBC and even more so from WotLK (it may be an old mans impression though) the average idiocy level on Horde had multiplied. So the argument about kids/age is irrelevant these days IMHO.

Trupiaczacha
11-08-2009, 11:14 PM
at the moment Horde or Aliance it does not matter all faction have same number of idiots playing this game.

Swifter
12-08-2009, 11:07 AM
From what I've seen, the Alliance prefer to go round in a rolling ball of 15 players in AB, leaving every base they've got vunerable to that 1 rogue that is stealthing around for the Defend 3 bases Achievement!

Konzar
15-08-2009, 10:48 PM
That is the way to go, amirite?

Goonerr
17-08-2009, 08:57 PM
I usually win, because I'm awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

Falin
29-08-2009, 02:04 PM
I've been thinking about this,

Being a lazy student on summer holiday means I play quite a lot and noticed that (certianly in AV) alliance win a lot during the weekdays in the day, but lose on the weekends. I dunno if this is just coincedence but could this be the older more mature horde players all have jobs during the day, which sort of levels the playing fields?

Fal.

Turiel
01-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I just played an AV on alliance. The 40 of us lost vs 17 Horde (and German ones at that).

Epic fail.

Bunneh
01-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Simple fact is, Horde are awesome!

DurnaugsElbow
01-09-2009, 08:48 PM
From what I've seen, the Alliance prefer to go round in a rolling ball of 15 players in AB, leaving every base they've got vunerable to that 1 rogue that is stealthing around for the Defend 3 bases Achievement!

Lol. That description reminds me of football matches in primary school.