View Full Version : SSE Mark 3: Hall of Heroes

Turiel
07-07-2009, 03:23 PM
This was meant to be done in V2 of SSE, but as you can see... it's pretty blank.

I'd like to have another stab at it, and maybe someone can help on this, because its something any of our members can do.

To start, here's a list of things that will get you included in the Hall of Heroes. Could people please post anyone they know who has done any of these things (and what they have done).

Server transfers don't count, unless they achieved whatever-it-is after they transferred here.

Rank 14
Legendary wappin
Arena Teams: 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 highest rated on Shadowsong, each season.
Guild (Alliance & Horde): Most progress at end of vanilla, TBC.
Alliance/Horde first 60, 70, 80.
Scarab Lord (is Shara still on the realm?)
Anything else?

Azy
07-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Shara is in IoF, I think..

Flawless
07-07-2009, 05:34 PM
shara is indeed in IoF, it would be nice to get a quick interview with the person/team/guild leader (at the time of) etc.

Who was the first mace? Alakhai?

Malakali
07-07-2009, 06:34 PM
I guess highest achievment points might be something.

Turiel
07-07-2009, 10:43 PM
I guess highest achievment points might be something.

Right but that changes ... we'd have to say highest points at end of Wotlk.

Malakali
07-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Could be good, gives those people something to strive for?

Oogie
07-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah but Jare has about a billion points already that little achievement whore.

I don't suppose there is a way to track how many rares have been killed? Besides the achievement.

Turiel
07-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Yeah but Jare has about a billion points already that little achievement whore.

I don't suppose there is a way to track how many rares have been killed? Besides the achievement.

There's not no...

Ariia
08-07-2009, 12:16 AM
I tried to find a way to fit in here - but could only come up with the fact that I caught Mr Pinchy twice...

Turiel
08-07-2009, 01:46 AM
I'll kick off with who I know got what.

R14
--
Spyeyes
Tsarina
Yin
Magnar
Sinar
Wildhealer lol
Thrasymakhes
Rukia
Ycon

Legendary Weapons
--
Alakhai
Trixa (I think?)
Anterovipune
Taurusos

I should have added a note about legendary weapons - only counts if you got it while the content was current. I.e., getting thunderfury now does not earn you a spot on the list :P.

I've just realised my memory is gone... :P

Frazoma
08-07-2009, 05:31 AM
R14

Hugakiller
Ravenhead
Shakhan (or something like that)
Maur
Barcus

Thundertfury in Vanilla

Xite

Über
08-07-2009, 08:33 AM
R14
--
Spyeyes
Tsarina
Yin
Magnar
Sinar
Wildhealer lol
Thrasymakhes
Rukia
Ycon

Legendary Weapons
--
Alakhai
Trixa (I think?)
Anterovipune
Taurusos

R14

Hugakiller
Ravenhead
Maur
Barcus

Thundertfury in Vanilla

Xite

R14

-Miw
-Stinkfoot
(Also, you could add the other characters also to those who have more than one R14, as you've probably already thought to do. Just mentioning the obvious here.)

Legendary Weapons

-Stinkfoot

EDIT: Just realized after posting that there are threads already somewhere in here where both all the owners of legendaries are listed as well as all those who have achieved R14.

Cheiftan
08-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Hmm a tank in ToD had Thunderfury back in vanilla, also a paladin had the mace - i can vaguely remember the warriors name but the paladin eludes me completely. Vegelus will know, though.

Maur
08-07-2009, 09:00 AM
R14

Hugakiller
Ravenhead
Maur
Barcus

Thundertfury in Vanilla

Xite

That was Shakahn
-Lilska
-Amaia
-Belfer
-Cuki
-Jamaenko (or something liek that)
-Freak (Stinkfoot)
-Semilodare
-Vorian
-Fitterguff
-Toshiro

Missing alliances hmm...
-Barcus
-Poe
-Malison
-Nabun
-Iason
-Maggi
-Tspoon
-Lyx
-Torra
-Elvaling
-Frostrose
-Miw
-Batsnight
-Ellayah

hmm my memory gone :/ Dont even remember my last week bitches -.-

Malchous
08-07-2009, 09:03 AM
R14

Shadum

Thunderfury in Vanilla

Tipton

Both were and still are in Soulriders of the felwen.

Vegelus
08-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Hmm a tank in ToD had Thunderfury back in vanilla, also a paladin had the mace - i can vaguely remember the warriors name but the paladin eludes me completely. Vegelus will know, though.

Wyrwichwast (tank with TF) and Beliaal (mace paladin).

@Uber
R14 list:
http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18997

Some older legendaries:
http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15338

Sylfide
08-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Immersion had Kailan and Fizzless with Thunderfury in vanilla.
Kailan also picked up 1 of the warglaives in TBC.

Also not sure if this makes me a hero or just to be avoided but I got "the insane" as a possible server first. Still havent found out if the Wrath druid with it xfered with it or not. Warcraftrealm says he had it before he was seen first on SSE but not sure. :P

Navai
08-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Never played in Vanilla so I can only comment on things I saw in TBC and so far in Wrath

the level 80 list was posted on the homepage

Shaya of Soul of the Fire at the time got 2x Warglaives
Stabstalker of Wrath got 2x Warglaives
Morreh of Wrath got 2x Warglaives
I actually cant remember who in CoI got glaives
A ton of folk got 1x Glaive too, dunno how heroic that is
Diaconus of CoI got Thori'dal
Cheia of Volition got Val'anyr
CoI got Obsidian Slayer
Wrath got Malygos Realm first and Naxx Realm first

All of those done at the time of content release.

Flawless
08-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Glaive is >_>

nvm about the bow! Navai mentioned it :p

How about horde side did anyone manage it?

dantheman
08-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Didn't Copis have TF too?

EDIT - nvm, just saw the linked list.

Ruoste
08-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Stupid bow with stupid droprate... <mumbles>

I don't think anyone here on horde got it before WotLK was released.

Slicer
08-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Loads of people had legendaries both in vanilla and TBC. Looking back, most of the people with them weren't good players. The same stands for rank 14s however so I think including legendaries or rank 14s in this is just pointless. Neither took skill.

Flawless
08-07-2009, 12:27 PM
I was thinking the first of each legendary was worth a mention I mean do we really want to put venlo and gangstar on there ¬_¬

Über
08-07-2009, 12:34 PM
I was thinking the first of each legendary was worth a mention

Now this could be the solution right here. I gotta admit it does sound quite a lot better than a long list of names (which some of them shouldn't really even be there, as Slicer already pointed out). Though I'm wondering if the list should mention the first owners of legendaries on both factions instead just the server first? Same would apply to R14 also naturally.

Ruoste
08-07-2009, 12:37 PM
The heroes page would still be fun piece of SSE history if it also included people partly for being just lucky etc.

I'd suggest also listing top 3 (or whatever) people with most /played on SSE. Maybe guilds could take a poll internally on a certain date and post results here. Do this maybe accross alts too but not speculating how much you might have had with deleted characters etc.

dantheman
08-07-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't like checking my /played. It makes me feel like a total geek :/

Sylfide
08-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Agree to that. Did it a while ago to satisfy a guildies curiosity. Had to log of after that but having a high /played just shows you got the most value for your monthly payment :P

Ruoste
08-07-2009, 01:03 PM
having a high /played just shows you got the most value for your monthly payment :P
I agree, but you could say that gaining rank 14 was the same. You had to be online A LOT and for some that was all that it took. We tend to think differently about Lilska and Yin et all because they took the effort to also play well and maybe enjoy the games. (and I still think it would be a swell idea to list these people somewhere)

In hindsight /played might be too embarrassing to reveal for a lot of people. :)
Only reason I sometimes said it in guild chat was because someone always had MORE, way more.

Panzera
08-07-2009, 01:21 PM
How about highest rated arena players on SS?

Flawless
08-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Arena Teams: 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 highest rated on Shadowsong, each season. Thank god it doesn't take skills to read :P

Turiel
08-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Wyrwichwast (tank with TF) and Beliaal (mace paladin).

@Uber
R14 list:
http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18997

Some older legendaries:
http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15338

Thank you!

With regards to server first only, I dunno... the section would look a bit bare? At the same time, you're right... there are people who don't really deserve to be called a 'legend' or 'hero'.

Turiel
08-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Maybe for the Rank 14s, we could do it on a Team basis, so no individual entries ? (unless they did it solo..)

Flawless
08-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I just think there is some people not worthy of our praise.
/edit, how about listing them in some manor, but getting a wee interview with the better more memorable people.

Riezel
08-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Best hunter since nineteenninetynine

Raklezz
08-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Best hunter since nineteenninetynine

^this

Konzar
08-07-2009, 10:50 PM
I could agree with raklezz and riezel :cool:

Flawless
08-07-2009, 11:07 PM
yeah, spoon in another thread thanks!

Phanthastic
09-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Bronzebéard also obtained Sulfuras, but i doubt many remember him :)

Soluna
09-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Mistweave also got his Sulfuras back in the day =)

Servelan
09-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Saxo had Thunderfury too i think? Unless that's already been mentioned...

Taurusos
09-07-2009, 09:46 PM
I had TF and both glaives.

Also, add a list for ones with loudest screaming on vent/ts please, I am aiming for a top rank there mostly. Offtopic I know.

Saha
12-07-2009, 04:22 PM
I had TF and both glaives. And BL. And haste pots.

Fixd.

EDIT: I'd agree though Tau should be mentioned as one of the most vocal SSE people.

Thrane
13-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Andromedia got Atiesh pretty much at the same time as Trixa (actually Trixa was a week later cause C'Thun was a bastard.)

Malakali
13-07-2009, 07:39 AM
I'd agree though Tau should be mentioned as one of the most vocal SSE people.

Talking the most or shouting the most? On terms of how much said during a raid i feel Raid to Nowhere would have a few candidates for this too, no doubt.

Vegelus
13-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Andromedia got Atiesh pretty much at the same time as Trixa (actually Trixa was a week later cause C'Thun was a bastard.)
And soon after that bastard druid ported us to Kharazan from BWL ;<.

AnteroVipune
13-07-2009, 11:13 AM
hihi

Servelan
13-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Talking the most or shouting the most? On terms of how much said during a raid i feel Raid to Nowhere would have a few candidates for this too, no doubt.

Vote Miq for greatest burps.

Jarelan
13-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Jybcrusader got Thunderfury too.

Naughtyraven
14-07-2009, 07:37 AM

I second that.

Cowling
14-07-2009, 08:55 AM
I vote a shared 1st spot for Tsarina and Lac for "fastestflagclicker" in WSG :D

Maur
14-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Sheepzor! hai

Raziell
14-07-2009, 11:06 PM
I was serverfirst exalted with Ogri'la, does that count?

Flawless
14-07-2009, 11:11 PM
No one cares Ray!

Raziell
14-07-2009, 11:20 PM
I vote Flaw into this, for being some sort of Forum Troll.

Naturzel
15-07-2009, 12:02 AM
How about first person to get Battlemaster / Arena Master? that was Florentyna and Reclusiam right?

Flawless
15-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Arena master, maybe. Battlemaster as far as I'm concerend just needs time the half a mind of what to do and a premade here and there.

Maur
15-07-2009, 01:44 AM
I was always 2nd flag Clicking about Lilska can i count :( ?

Evilstein
15-07-2009, 06:08 AM
Aknoj had Sulfuras back in vanilla. (if he hasn't been mentioned already, too early to read...)

miqathan
15-07-2009, 07:35 AM

I am truely honored!

Raziell
15-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Gangstar had Sulfuras, and Venlo had Thunderfury.

AnteroVipune
15-07-2009, 05:22 PM
I should be top of the list beacuse Im so awesome

Morilith
15-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Just leave the section blank.

Smellyskele
15-07-2009, 07:11 PM
so helpful mori, oh so helpful

Jarelan
15-07-2009, 08:40 PM
<< 1st Black Mecho strider on server... :P

Slicer
15-07-2009, 10:36 PM
... and before you know it we'll have Murad for server best at fleeing. Kongmadsvin for the best at spitting. Server first uncommon item looted.

Who actually gives a shit about most of these?

I'm with Mori, cut out all the shit achievements and only put in things that actually matter or leave it blank.

Morilith
15-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Who gives a shit about any of these?

How does someone deserve a spot in the hall of heroes if they were more lucky with drops than someone else? What's so heroic about that?
And what about rank 14? It'd be downright insulting to have some of the account sharing heroes on the same list as the people who put a lot of effort into that grind.
Arena heroes? What a joke. I quite liked arena back in TBC, but I'd hardly call anything short of top 3 praise worthy.

Shaya
16-07-2009, 08:45 AM
I think you can mark this in the same category as achievements. Some doesn't give a shit and others think its interesting.

The game is appealing to many kind of players and I am sure a lot think a page with information about players that made these milestones would be fun and a worthwhile contribution to a new homepage. Whether the title should be changed from "Hall of heroes" to "Achievements on SSE" can be debated.

I do however not know which kind of people the new homepage is aimed for. If its going to be a portal for the larger playerbase of SSE and not only raiders, then a broader view of information will be helpfull in generating interest. If its meant for raiders and "hardcore" players, then most of the new suggestions doesn't really matter and you can stick to making a better raidprogress page. I guess it all depends upon how many visitors you want and which kind.

Warlee
16-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Arena master, maybe. Battlemaster as far as I'm concerend just needs time the half a mind of what to do and a premade here and there.

since when paladin for 2200 rating needs brain

Warlee
16-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Who gives a shit about any of these?

How does someone deserve a spot in the hall of heroes if they were more lucky with drops than someone else? What's so heroic about that?
And what about rank 14? It'd be downright insulting to have some of the account sharing heroes on the same list as the people who put a lot of effort into that grind.
Arena heroes? What a joke. I quite liked arena back in TBC, but I'd hardly call anything short of top 3 praise worthy.

approved

Turiel
16-07-2009, 11:27 PM
I think, with the huge amount of people who got legendary weapons it seems, I'm going to do alliance/horde server firsts and then include everyone else in just a list (as opposed to a section dedicated to them).

Difficult/crazy achievements, yeah sure, can put those in. Like that insanity one. Again, maybe server firsts.

Turiel
16-07-2009, 11:28 PM
I do however not know which kind of people the new homepage is aimed for. If its going to be a portal for the larger playerbase of SSE and not only raiders, then a broader view of information will be helpfull in generating interest. If its meant for raiders and "hardcore" players, then most of the new suggestions doesn't really matter and you can stick to making a better raidprogress page. I guess it all depends upon how many visitors you want and which kind.

Yes, the idea is to expand the scope of SSE to cater for all players, not just the hardcore raid guilds and oldschool players. We have a huge amount of people who don't know about the site or just aren't interested because we have a frontpage full of wrath & coi.