View Full Version : advice needed if possable

Fitzchivalry
07-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Currently I'm survival spec I wouldn't say my gear is too bad but my dps atm seems to be quite low, so basically does anyone have any tips or advice currently I'm using BA>ES>SS>AS(MS on packs)>SS as filler. Current pet is wolf with furious howl and bite. Perhaps my agi is too low for this spec? Any tips would be greatly apprenticed. Normaly I use saronite arrows in raids.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Fitzchivalry

Vegelus
07-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Get rid of that +hit you have. You need only 263 hit rating (without space goat in group). Trying to get some nice twohander (Journey's End, Cryptfiend's Bite for example) would be the best thing to do I think.

I see that you don't have points in Go for the Throat and Noxious Stings, why? Those are quite important talents from dps view. 1 point in Gftt is mandatory, 2 might be useful too. Remove one point from Hunting Party (1-2 points should be enough there, even if you're only source of Replenishment) and one from Expose Weakness.

I'd remove points from Improved Aspect of the Hawk too. Last time I've checked EJs (2-3 weeks ago, so someone might correct me) points here were used only in BiS builds that required certain level of gear to make IAotH useful. You can use ol' 3.0.8-alike BiS build (0/15/56) till some upgrades (I'd say >= 226ilvl ranged is mimimum), then look what is trend now on EJs (look for "Best dps in spreadsheet" thread there). Haste isn't stat you should look after (it isn't bad but it's worse than your other stats).

Change Steady Shot glyph for Serpent Sting. Steady's damage is still lower than Serpent's, making it lowest priority in your rotation. This way you can gain several GCDs that might be spend for something else than renewing your sting (that Steady for example).

After getting some bigger gear upgrades (if you're running 25mans I think) you might think about speccing Marks. Seems it's where current top hunters go. Rotation is bit easier (less procs and maybe a button less to use), scales better with gear (with ranged weapon damage for example) and might be better for your raid (if you don't have melee shammie or dk dps).

Change that agil/haste gem. If you need to use green/yellow gems for meta, use crit/stam, hit/stam, it's better than all other things. Stop being cheap and buy that Greatness trinket (yes it is that good, you'll change it only for ones from Hard modes, if not later).

Priority I've used was KS>ES>BA>SrS>Aimed>SS (beginning of fight being exception - Serpent first) and it worked, at least for me. Another question is: how do you handle L'n'L procs? Best thing to do is wait ~0,5s after GCD before firing another Explo.

Fitzchivalry
07-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Thanks working on this now still need to rework gems I think but already seen a nice dps increase.

Ruoste
08-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Your spec looks fairly decent now (identical to mine, heh). You might want to tweak your wolf's spec a bit though. Move points from Great stamina to Cobra Reflexes (I like dash as well). Then one point from Bloodthirsty to Wild Hunt. Fights where your pet dies easily are not very common and in those fights the Great Stamina will NOT help anyway.

I agree that you should start working on getting Darkmoon Card: Greatness trinket. It's likely that it will see usage for you for a long time even as a secondary trinket. With your current too high hit rating, the Grim Toll trinket is very wasteful.

Vegelus
08-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Your spec looks fairly decent now (identical to mine, heh). You might want to tweak your wolf's spec a bit though. Move points from Great stamina to Cobra Reflexes (I like dash as well). Then one point from Bloodthirsty to Wild Hunt. Fights where your pet dies easily are not very common and in those fights the Great Stamina will NOT help anyway.

I agree that you should start working on getting Darkmoon Card: Greatness trinket. It's likely that it will see usage for you for a long time even as a secondary trinket. With your current too high hit rating, the Grim Toll trinket is very wasteful.
Oh my, didn't know that Armory is getting pet's builds too. Must be this maintance work? Ruoste is right, Great Stamina improves pet's dps too - due to Hunter vs Wils - but yea, it's weak when compared to other talents.
For Wild Hunt - after speccing pet into it you might need to mount/dismount to make it work. At least it was known issue some time ago. And remember to check if pet's abilities are checked properly (they still bug from time to time).

And another tip for your build. If you struggle with running to/from adds/bosses/voidzones, you might consider moving points from Trap Mastery to Hawk Eye. It's quite small dps decrease (as it just buff BA slightly) on dummies but extra range might make your life easier a bit (and increase your dps in real fight).

Fitzchivalry
10-07-2009, 09:55 AM

I know I'm still way over capped right now I was planning to replace my two swords with Malice rather than grim as it would still keep me hit capped well in theory. Thanks for the tip Vegelus although I seem to be reaching bosses nice enough atm.