View Full Version : Some may care,

Ariia
04-07-2009, 12:26 AM
...some may say 'buy a care blanket and call me in a year'....other's might actually read my wall o text...and shed a tear...yeh...but I am not going to be with you for the next 6 months...or longer.....as i gear down to zero my play.

Here is where I thank all of you at SSE for being such great folks to game with...

Gaming is not exactly the most popular past time for a 40+ year old female - I get a huge amount of strange looks when I tell people I play WOW - but I have had a downright AWESOME time on SSE since day one...

unfortunately - I cant play even 1/100 as much as I use to, as I had a baby (little NE - gonna try push him to Druid) last year- and although the spirit often says - 'play' - the mind and body is like ...a wisp.

Many folks on SSE are now my RL friends - and for that I am eternally grateful...I never thought that a game I started to play alone at home, deep in the hours of the morn, would yield such wonderful and awesome real life friends.

I have been to Gothenburg and Copenhagen - to meet with my fellow gamers - I have had a gathering of gamers here at my own home in London - making sure the 16 year old called his folks and was in touch so they would not worry about him being in a strange country.

I have watched as fellow gamers go off line for a variety of reasons - and understood - but still held back that bit in my heart that said - heh - once a WOW player - always a WOW player,

So here are my best and worst of the past 3 -4 years.

Oldest known friend - still going strong on SSE - June (not even sure what guild he is in now...!)

Best - I dont really know you - but I do now - Chonar - for his Magnimous part in the gates opening...he even responds to /w...but I never screenied any...and when I logged on to start WOLK, I could see him getting blasted for not being 80 already by folks - Chonar - you are and will always be my hero.

Best lagfest - the Gates opening, seconded by the event in Moonglade - which I still have no idea what it was - just was trying to bash 'shades'...having been told ...Oh get there to help...

Best cyber experience - and he is still going strong - Bleetman - oh yeh Thunderbluff baby...( - we WERE married - and I do have screenies)

Best ninja of mines in MC - Zanzanexpo - always mining - as a hunter...think he left SSC tho...and if he sees this will call upon a 'slander of character'

Best GM at putting up with me...Psonica - think I made him late for his kids nursery once with my whining about not getting to MT in MC

Best guild I was in - for raiding - PURE - expectations were given and met and everyone was on the same wavelenght - we did some awesome stuff...

Best GM that believed in me doing the MT job - Meremptor - he really thought I was as good as all those other guys! ( bless him!) and I sure did try - and sometime succeed even!

Hail all those unspoken heros who refuse to tell folk they game on Macs...THREE WORDS....say it and set your self free - GET A MAC...(use especially when they have some MAJOR breakdown of some system that you dont even know exists in computers) Seriously - why we are not all on Mac? I could rant on here - but wont....

Best healers for me - My all-time favorites are Zirie and Nerthus - they ALWAYS kept me alive...(its a woman thing)
but after that - too many to mention, I could never remember all those folks that always healed me over the last few years...I really love you all - you saved emm 100 times embarrassment as I probably did something totally whacked anyways.

Best gnome I have known - hummmm...Lep or Eth...tough choice...

First ever resurrection - was performed by Nails - I dont even think he plays anymore...had him on friends for ages - then he dropped off.

Best PVP 'drop em any chance you can get' - Amoxicillin - and IF I ever role horde to more than 30 - man - I be coming for your ass....one time you slay & camped me outside SSC - that was just MEAN!

Best 'scary horde' ever is 'nighteyes' - when I was like level 20 in Auberdine - freaked me out seeing this undead thing by the pier....

Thats all I can think of on the spur of the moment - but again - thanks to all of you on SSE who have made my life there a place I wanted to go back to - day after day...you All rock...and I hope to join you again some day full time - and find most of you there...

All my love,
Ariiadne
Warrior NE
last hanging out in Pure

Malchous
04-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Oldest known friend - still going strong on SSE - June (not even sure what guild he is in now...!)

I saw June just few weeks ago, so safe? to say she is doing well? Nevertheless, good luck with stuff, where ever your path may lead you.

Malchous

Arthran
04-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Hey Ariiadne!

Oogie
04-07-2009, 03:23 PM
I have no idea who you are but take care nonetheless.

Novaprincess
05-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Ohhhh Oogie I didn't realise you lived in Swindon! woooo!
Hi Ariiadne, i'm taking a break from wow myself and i know how it is with kiddies. it's been hmm 3 days i think. finding it tough lol. I will end up reactivating for 1 month though if i do end up going to i37. Make the most of your time out of WoW though and don't forget your chars aren't going anywhere :D

Kabraxis
06-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Guess you don't remember the little people Arii :P
Best of Luck with your RL shizzle and maybe one day see you back on the server.

Naughtyraven
06-07-2009, 06:17 AM
Take care Arii and take care of the little one.

But but....I did keep you alive as well... ;)

(Think I have a few screenis somewhere of "the wedding" aswell, Zendogs speach is to be remembered in our hearts forever)

*hugs*

/Moon

Haplo
06-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Take care Arii, nothing but good memories from my side!

Faylin
06-07-2009, 08:10 AM
You'll be back!

Vent wouldn't have been the same without you, back in MC and BWL! :)

Frazoma
06-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Good luck to your real life stuff. And we know you will come back!

Malakali
06-07-2009, 02:56 PM
You really were (are) a fantastic tank, i'll see you in BWL again sometime - hopefully.

Best of luck and everything.

Psonica
06-07-2009, 08:59 PM
.o/

Take care & best of luck. Thanks for the honorable mention :)

...you'll be back :)

Benchi
07-07-2009, 04:54 AM
Take care arii was a pleasure raiding with you in pure.

Faessen.

Gnomor
07-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Goodbye and hug the little druid!

Airwalk
07-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Goodluck Arii, we had some good times and i wish you the best. You will be back mark my words... ;)

Fitzchivalry
07-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Think I spoke to you when I was in pure well if you are who I think you are you sohuld have kept the enchants I sent over, anyway good luck.

Ariia
07-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Hi -

Sorry I cant mention all the 'little people' - and there are loads more of you - who have made my experience here as AWESOME as it was...

I think some other bloke - who clearly knew like - 3/4 of the server - outdid me on the personal mentions - he however is clearly some sort of demimegagod...

Kab - we always got on - even if you pissed off half the guild - or were pissed off with half the guild...!

Some of you I am in touch with IRL - so I will stay in tune and hopefully return sooner rather than later...

I knew it was over when I decided to get Ariiadne 'THE SEEKER', before she hit 80. No more raiding time for me..and I am still wandering around Dalaran at 79...Ariiadne - THE SEEKER.... throwing a line in the fountain.

Bet not many on server have that achievement under the belt...! :-)

But I love Motherhood and all that goes with it...including the late night feeds and laughs and poops and smiles and coohs...and being single - I have to do twice the work for all the pay...!

I hope when I do return - I see you all again...if anyone wants to find me on FB, and see my little one pics - search for Ariiadne - its will fling me up....

xxx
A

Daum
18-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Oh hai Arii! :D

Good times, good fun, awesome guildmeeting!

Hugs from Eth!