View Full Version : Exploit on Yogg and nationalism

Faylin
30-06-2009, 07:55 AM
As some may or may not know the (american) guild Exodus killed Yogg-Saron in hard(est) mode last week.
This was followed by a lot of errrm.. enthousiasm, because it had been a while that a US guild actually killed something first.

As it turned out, they hadn't really beaten the encounter in the way intended, and were, errm.. banned.

Now for the fun bit, check out their site, and the video's posted: http://www.exo-guild.com/

"America fuck yeah"?

HAI, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??!?!

Gwynin
30-06-2009, 08:37 AM
The american tears taste good

AnteroVipune
30-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Holy shit that's sad. That's really sad. Who really gives a shit where the guild is from?

Thrane
30-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Fanboys do. Also, that song's not meant to be serious! It's satirical, dammit!

Cheiftan
30-06-2009, 09:59 AM
They should use Born In The USA. Now that's a proper pro-America song.

Servelan
30-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Fail...

Faylin
30-06-2009, 10:04 AM
They should use Born In The USA. Now that's a proper pro-America song.

Or so Reagan thought, anyway.

Ashym
30-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Heh check the video on Exo's site... I didn't quite realise how many guardians spawn over that whole phase...

Silly thing to have done, i'd have respected them more if they just came out and said they did it, but I guess they wanted some attention and to see Ensidia's reaction, and boy they got one.

Metakerk
30-06-2009, 01:13 PM
i'd have respected them more if they just came out and said they did it, but I guess they wanted some attention and to see Ensidia's reaction, and boy they got one.

Exactly, and agreed.
Now they have been caught they're trying to justify it by recalling possible earlier 'exploits' used by Nihilum/Ensidia, which makes it even better. Tears do taste sweet indeed.

vattghern
01-07-2009, 05:03 PM
If Nihilum exploited they should have been banned as well. Even if I can understand US their frustration of losing all important kills to european guilds, it does not change the fact that Exodus by exploiting their Alone in the darkness did well. I am not impressed if you know what I mean.

What is wrong? They are desperate and angry, just like average trade channel hater.

On a side note, anyone remebers first US guild to kill Kel'Thuzad being permenently banned for exploiting shortcut to C'thun?

Taurusos
01-07-2009, 09:32 PM
If Nihilum exploited they should have been banned as well. Even if I can understand US their frustration of losing all important kills to european guilds, it does not change the fact that Exodus by exploiting their Alone in the darkness did well. I am not impressed if you know what I mean.

What is wrong? They are desperate and angry, just like average trade channel hater.

On a side note, anyone remebers first US guild to kill Kel'Thuzad being permenently banned for exploiting shortcut to C'thun?

Overrated. Yes there were. Overrated that is.

Flawless
01-07-2009, 11:52 PM

I do, think blizzard took it a more harsh stance due to them editing game files to do it

Gruze
02-07-2009, 06:09 AM
Heh, they did kill him first tho, even if it was with some exploit it's still a kill >_>

Fnurgle
02-07-2009, 07:33 AM
No, I killed him first on a private server. WORLD FIRST BABY!

inacup
02-07-2009, 07:51 AM
Despite their nationalism, they do have a good point.

vattghern
03-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Overrated. Yes there were. Overrated that is.

Tauzakzaki! :)

Good point they do have about Ensida 'creatively using game mechanics', and that's all what is ok in this whole situation.

elog
03-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Despite their nationalism, they do have a good point.

Maybe I am missing something but what is their point? Comparing the spellsteal of a damage buff with evade bugging adds just makes them look extremely stupid in my opinion (regardless of nationality). In addition Ensidia/Nihilum has always been upfront when using mechanics such as spellsteal (both publicly and vis-a-vis Blizzard) which is very different than what Exo did (they clearly tried to lie about it).

So I do not see their point to be fair apart from crocodile tears.

Ariia
04-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Tried to export Mummy brain - but all of the above still does not compute...

Flawless
08-07-2009, 05:24 PM
They both got whooped by Stars,

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=72925.0

translated interview about the encounter and how they achieved it. Very interesting and technical stuff