View Full Version : Want to raid lvl 60 content? Patch 3.2 allows it!

Negatosan
29-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Hello guys and thanks for welcoming me on Shadowsong.

I know that you might have heard about it, but to those that haven't, patch 3.2 allows a function that makes your gain of experience lock. For 10g at a coming vendor you'll be able to purchase and then make use of this function. This leads to possibilities of doing level 60 raiding again without having to start and play a new account.

I have an idea of getting a group of players together - a guild. This guild would then focus on level 60 content. Content that counts legends like Molten Core, Blackwing Lair and the guild-breaker itself: C'thun.

When this classic content has been downed, debates can come up whether we should exploit the dungeons of the burning crusade as well or not. This would be the guild's solution at that state.

First and foremost I would like to know if there's any interest to be found on this realm.

Write me in-game or reply here.

Thanks in advance - I will add this topic to the unofficial boards as well, once I've been activated that is.

Gwynin
29-06-2009, 09:40 PM
I wouldnt mind some casual lvl 60 raiding, but to be honest its gonna be hard to pull it off I think...

wcradio.com had a viable oldschool raiding guild going on Anachronos up untill ulduar came, and they got helped alot by having some of their "high profile" radio ppl back it up...

But wtf, Im game here on SS aswell... Alltho lvling still kills me :D

Edit 1 : Oh and btw, being lvl 60 max isnt enough of a "challenge" btw.. Due to the talent changes etc etc you will need to add another rule like "cant progress futher down the talent tree than what was possible at 60, otherwise it really gets too dull cos even at 60 and with that rule in play anything upto late AQ40 is a bit whimpy (certain bosses in BWL and AQ40 are the exceptiosn to that rule tho)..

Edit 2 : And since Adharc did bring up a very good point regarding classes, add these rules tbh - At 60 content, no classes allowed that werent in-game at the time of 60 content, eg no DKs and no shamans (race doesnt matter too much, besides for alliance spacegoats do look cool in T2)
Alltho I am thinking that allowing spacegoat shamans and fagelf paladins (depending on what faction you're aiming for) is kinda acceptable, besides as far as I remember alliance/horde do get paladin/shaman loot no matter their faction right ? Curse Elexin for making me want to have a female belf paladin in T2 since I saw that signature back in the day :D)

But under no circumstance should you allow DKs at 60, they are just simply too good at that lvl compared to the other classes...

Adharc
29-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Sounds fun, always wanted to try this.

Then again, Death Knights.

PS might wanna mention the faction.

Negatosan
29-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Nice to hear you would be interested Gwynin.

I wouldn't mind it being a casual schedule as long as people took both the guild and their toon seriously. The intention of the guild is to progress surely. :)

A casual schedule teamed with a hardcore manner of playing whilst in raid would work.

Contact me in-game Gwynin, not sure if you're alliance or horde, but this will be horde.

As for Death Knights - these won't be allowed simple as.
Blood Elves are however. I played in Reflection, the most successful pre-tbc raiding guild there has been as we got to twins, we had our share of paladin loot - there's simply no reason to leave the class out with those around. That's just my opinion though.

EDIT: Please allow pictures in signature field.. :rolleyes:

Fnurgle
29-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Isn't the XP gain freeze only for battlegrounds?

Negatosan
29-06-2009, 10:25 PM
1) All XP Gains will be disabled.

2) 10g and is bought from new NPCs in Stormwind and Orgirimmar.

3) When it's Ready/Soon™

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=9521238119&sid=1
Quoted.

Negatosan
29-06-2009, 10:38 PM
As for the talent trees. It would be like you said - having a cap at what was possible back when vanilla still ran.

Faylin
30-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Why do people keep thinking the game was better back then when it was actually worse? A lot of fights sucked, talents sucked, tier gear sucked.

It's not like the fights were more complicated, hell no, it's just that everyone sucked so much. And most of all, we weren't so spoiled back then as we were now.

Negatosan
30-06-2009, 08:05 AM
I for one just like the idea of having the opportunity to do it all again - might not be in the exact same state, but still.

vattghern
01-07-2009, 04:36 PM
There is no lvl 60 Naxx available, which is big downside of this whole endeavor. Otherwise good luck.

Novaprincess
05-07-2009, 10:43 PM
At level 60 I'd imagine everything is totally imbalanced, just like how it was at 70 the patch before wotlk, i guess the proper way to do it is to play on patch 1.X whatever it's called before TBC was released, on a private server.

Hurtgen
12-07-2009, 12:53 AM
i like the idea to be honest, gimmie a poke come 3.2, got a warrior or a hunter at 45 i could finish off.

Their would have to be some strict rules tho, for example, no use of outland greens or blues, i remember replaceing a few pieces at 61 which were from AQ and bwl with lvl 60 greens.

imigrid
13-07-2009, 11:09 AM
At level 60 I'd imagine everything is totally imbalanced, just like how it was at 70 the patch before wotlk, i guess the proper way to do it is to play on patch 1.X whatever it's called before TBC was released, on a private server.

As if lvl 60 was ever balanced at all.(Hello all 2 shot rogues)
I wouldnt rule out the fact that lvl 60 might actually be more balanced now.

I really like this idea, and i would be willing to join in, i never got to see most of the old raiding content, so this is definatly relevant to my interests.

But i do predict some possible problems, like the consumtion of mana pots, wich are only allowed once, but back in the day we all drank mana pots like irishmen drink beer.
Im of course talking about mana from spec rather than pots.
I know shadowpriests get to unlock Dispersion at lvl 60, but im not sure about other classes.

dantheman
13-07-2009, 12:20 PM
What faction would this be on? i'll start levelling!

imigrid
13-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Horde apparently ;)

Borwin
21-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Sounds like a nice idea if you dont make it too strict. I don't think it will hurt if you are a bit overpowered for encounters because you have to keep the interest of ~40 people. And you dont want to farm fire resist gear...

Good luck!

Muqai
23-07-2009, 08:44 PM
This could lead to some interesting pvp/arena scenes too, if Blizzard opens the ability to have arena teams at lower levels. (say lvl 60 and/or 70 - brackets?)

Hurtgen
03-08-2009, 03:05 PM
I for one just like the idea of having the opportunity to do it all again - might not be in the exact same state, but still.

More drunk?

Swifter
20-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Levelling a Warlock as we speak, :D I hope this is still happening / going to happen. :(