View Full Version : 3.2 Patch notes are here

Flawless
18-06-2009, 07:41 PM
And it's a big un,

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

Sup Axe rogues.

Trying to pick out the more interesting changes

# Emblem System Changes

* Both the 10 and 25 player instances of the Crusaders' Coliseum drop a new Emblem of Triumph.
* Any dungeons that previously dropped Emblems of Heroism or Valor, such as Naxxramas or Heroic Halls of Stone, will now drop Emblems of Conquest instead. Emblems of Conquest can still be converted to Valor or Heroism.
* The heroic dungeon daily quest will now reward 2 Emblems of Triumph and the normal daily dungeon quest will reward 1 Emblem of Triumph.
* The existing achievements to collect 1, 25, 50, etc. Emblems of Heroism, Valor, and Conquest have been converted to Feats of Strength since Heroism and Valor Emblems are no longer attainable.
* New achievements have been added to collect various amounts of any combination of emblems.

The ravasaur trainer Mor'vek has returned to Un'Goro and will offer to help Horde players raise and train a Venomhide Ravasaur as a mount... if they can survive the creature's deadly poison

Major changes to Engineering, and a few other professions. Epic gems now in game.

Major mount changes.

Major ret pala changes from what I can tell

# Seal of Blood: This ability has been removed.
# Seal of the Martyr: This ability has been removed.

Death Knights getting talent refund.

Resilience: No longer reduces the amount of damage done by damage over time spells, but instead reduces the amount of all damage done by players by the same proportion. The other effects of resilience (reducing critical chance, critical damage and mana drain effects) have not changed.

PvP - BG overhaul, Dalaran sewers arena changed, Lorderon also changed.

Adharc
19-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Sheeeeeeet.

:D

Borwin
19-06-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm just happy I switched to EVE online... it's boring as hell but at least it isn't RETARDED.

Adharc
19-06-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm just happy I switched to EVE online... it's boring as hell but at least it isn't RETARDED.

Then fucking stay there and quit crying, troll.

Borwin
19-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Troll troll! But come on, tier 8.5 from heroics?

Vegelus
19-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Who will care anyway. T9.5 will rule then.
And as always - "faster alt gearing".

Back to happy oneshotting muties with mah hunting rifle.

Flawless
19-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Troll troll! But come on, tier 8.5 from heroics?

Your point? After the next content is added previous content is ignored and irrelvant to raiders. As long as the gear added isn't equal to what you can obtain through raids no one really cares, same shit happened in TBC and there was much rejoicing.

Anthraxx
24-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Gear reset in each patch -> fail.

dantheman
24-06-2009, 10:03 AM
It's hardly a gear reset.

Anthraxx
24-06-2009, 11:54 AM
3.0 -> 3.1 went from 213(25man normal)/226("hard(er)" modes/bosses) to 226(25man normal)/239(hard mode).

In 3.2 you get 245 ilvl loot on vendors and added to professions, 258 tier 9.5. 271 ilvl hard mode loot?

5 man set ilvl 232 (mercy).
10 man - 245.
25 man 258.

It IS a gear reset to me if 5 man gear is only a tad worse then current hard mode shiet.

dantheman
24-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Top level raiders still have a pretty decent headstart. Raiders that have to rely on 5 mans to get decent loot aren't people you should be worrying about when going for server firsts or EU/World high level kills/hard modes. Loot is a reward sure but it's all about the kills right?

Karadros
24-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Uber-kawaii raptor pets! ^___^

Thrane
24-06-2009, 02:25 PM
It's not a gear reset like we had in TBC because it's not like those not raiding can farm emblems in heroics atm so they can't get a big reserve and then buy once the patch hits. And T9 will probably be the new Emblem of Triumph, not Conquest. (yea yea, you can get those from the daily quest, woo, 3 a day max :P)

Karadros
26-06-2009, 04:45 AM
....../\......This is a pylon
..////\\\\...Copy this in your
..\\\\////...Signature if you
......\/......Must Construct
'''''''''''''''''''''Additional Pylons

vattghern
03-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Top level raiders still have a pretty decent headstart. Raiders that have to rely on 5 mans to get decent loot aren't people you should be worrying about when going for server firsts or EU/World high level kills/hard modes. Loot is a reward sure but it's all about the kills right?

It has a lot to do with how hard the rewards are to get. There was interestring post on mmo-champion where the author wrote what he really liked about Everquest - amongs others the effort/difficulty/reward ratio.

You kill stuff once for the kill. Then you come for the gear. A bit of simplification but it boils down to it unless you challenge yourself every time you fight given boss (and majority does not).

dantheman
03-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Gear is important, no doubt. But if you're raiding top level content and getting hard mode gear which is the best, then does it really matter what everyone else is wearing - as long as it's not the BEST.

vattghern
03-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Player A spends tons of time to get this 25-man hard mode gear, player B just waits till next patch and gets the almost the same gear from 5-man dungeon. That kind of stuff is frustrating I guess.

Anyway I see what you mean.

Senex
03-07-2009, 02:51 PM
A lot of people are still locked into the Vanilla/TBC "Gear=Everything" mode of thinking.

This, however, is WotLK, where the ultimate reward for our effort is represented by achievements, not gear. Gear is merely a set of tools; achievements are a shining monument built with said tools. Gear will be ultimately replaced by better upgrades, but achievements will remain forever. An epic received during a server first kill and the same epic acquired by soloing the instance 10 years later will look completely the same when equipped, but achievements are marked with dates and establish a clear pecking order.

Vegelus
03-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Not to mention those small rewards that won't be obtainable after next patch.

vattghern
04-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Afair there were no news about removing anything when 3.2 hits. I might be wrong though.

@ Senex: Gear was never everything. Of all people you should know this particularly well when blue geared alts were doing better than certain BT geared shadow priests. Such sweeping statements like you just wrote plainly suck.

Achievements are not rewards per se (okay, except titles). They are some sort of checklist, badly implemented checklist to be honest. The rewards are still in majority in form of items. I am sure there is some logic behind players going nuts on that first Skull of Gul'dan, Apolyon, Ashbringer or Ashes of Al'ar. Items still do bring sentimental value, sense of accomplishment and power in a given time frame.

You are right that everything will get replaced sooner or later. Question is whether it is not too soon.

Vegelus
04-07-2009, 08:31 AM
I am sure there is some logic behind players going nuts on that first Skull of Gul'dan, Apolyon, Ashbringer or Ashes of Al'ar.

It's called loregasm. It's a fun thing, you should ask Chonar about it sometime. It might be 'perfect itemisation' too, or how you want to call it, that makes those items highly valuable. But those things are independent from those 'welfare epixorz' changes.

Ashes of Al'ar are out of this rule I think. I don't see any 310% mount being buyable from vendors (other ones that top guilds selling glory achievs).

And this:
Player A spends tons of time to get this 25-man hard mode gear, player B just waits till next patch and gets the almost the same gear from 5-man dungeon. That kind of stuff is frustrating I guess.
Isn't it quite similar to real world?

vattghern
04-07-2009, 10:58 AM
What is your point Vegelus? Except adding postcount.

And it is not called loregasm, it is called 'I want to show the shiny stuff and be special'. Nothing wrong with it though.

Thrane
04-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Afair there were no news about removing anything when 3.2 hits. I might be wrong though.

The Ironbound and Rusted Proto Drakes will be removed just like Plagued and Black. However they did say it might not be right as 3.2 hits and that they'd give a month's warning in advance.

Trupiaczacha
04-07-2009, 10:27 PM
who cares... just kill next time all before nerfs and this is better as any epixs. ;)