View Full Version : whats the best spec for lvling a lock?

sageclaire
18-06-2009, 10:09 AM
As per topic. Is it destro, afflic or demo ? I am starting from lvl 1 ofc. I am thinking destro since its the highest dps spec + very same with mage ? thank you for the help.

vattghern
18-06-2009, 10:41 AM
It had been quite some time since I had levelled a Warlock character, still things haven't changed that much recently. Destruction is (along with DG aff) the highest dps spec but it does not relate in any way to levelling speed.

What you are looking for is sustainability and you will find it in good amounts in Affliction and at higher tiers of Demonology. Thus I would recommend you to start with Affliction till you reach at least Siphon Life and only invest in Demonology when you can reach the worthwhile benefits. Namely once you can get Felguard.

Then you'd have to decide whether you want to use Affliction or rather stick to FG and start investing in Affliction talents.

Now it also depends a lot on your preffered playstyle if you are not that much bothered about levelling speed.

dantheman
18-06-2009, 11:48 AM
I levelled as destruction but yeah, like Vatt says, Affliction till you get Felguard.

Über
18-06-2009, 11:49 AM
it also depends a lot on your preffered playstyle if you are not that much bothered about levelling speed.

Mmmh, with some specs leveling might be faster but with another spec leveling might be a lot more fun..

I think I've actually leveled all my characters with more or less pvp:ish specs since low level fights between the xp grind do tend to make the whole leveling experience a whole lot enjoyable. Though if you're leveling the lock on SSE or on some other pve server, nevermind the pvp aspect. :)

sageclaire
18-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Mmmh, with some specs leveling might be faster but with another spec leveling might be a lot more fun..

I think I've actually leveled all my characters with more or less pvp:ish specs since low level fights between the xp grind do tend to make the whole leveling experience a whole lot enjoyable. Though if you're leveling the lock on SSE or on some other pve server, nevermind the pvp aspect. :)

thnx vatt, dan and uber :) . Afflic then for my lock

Yurikoh
20-06-2009, 12:18 PM
From what I've read on quite a lot of forums, and from my own experience, I have to say affliction is still a tad faster than Demonology, even after the Felguard. A very viable complaint though is that you might want tome diversity, and that's where Demonology comes in handy. The difference isn't huge so it's just a matter of preference.

Spellus
21-07-2009, 07:47 AM
After lvl 51 Demon with the extra points in aff.
aff is a bit faster but demon is easy (and you have to work hard to die at all) and you can easy kill all elite quest mobs.