View Full Version : cant retrieve my account ?

sageclaire
16-06-2009, 04:42 PM
I am currently trying to upgrade my previous BC account. As some of you may know, my account has been dormant for like 2 years. But when i tried to reactivate it, wow installer said that my account or password may be wrong OR doesnt exists :( My questions are :

1 - whats the period of inactivity before an account is "deleted" from the data base, if there's any?
2 - If answer for Q1 is none, then how to re-access my account?

Flawless
16-06-2009, 04:57 PM
I don't think there is any inactivity period for deletion, my old account hasn't been used for 2 years and I can still access it.

Your best bet would be ringing customer services or emailing, but they are horribly slow to answer some emails

sageclaire
16-06-2009, 05:00 PM
ok, thnx flawless

Malakali
16-06-2009, 05:08 PM
\o/

Welcome back.

sageclaire
16-06-2009, 05:28 PM
cant retrieve :( i think my account details might have been altered ... maybe by some stupid gold sellers. Gonna make a new account n such ... looks like "eclairs" , "healclaire" and all my alts are gone :( ( unless i manage to ask any GM available to return my chars ... I dont want my previous golds + epics .... i just want the character because i love them very much .... )

Sloth
16-06-2009, 05:35 PM
cant retrieve :( i think my account details might have been altered ... maybe by some stupid gold sellers. Gonna make a new account n such ... looks like "eclairs" , "healclaire" and all my alts are gone :( ( unless i manage to ask any GM available to return my chars ... I dont want my previous golds + epics .... i just want the character because i love them very much .... )

Are you sure?

I don't think it's possible to change the name of an account so you must be using the wrong password.

Have you tried : https://www.wow-europe.com/login-support/password.html already?

If I recall correctly inactive characters dont show up on armory. Did you get someone to check if they could make an alt named Eclairs on shadowsong?

(if you do make a new account, be sure to use the recruit a friend system :))

sageclaire
16-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Are you sure?

I don't think it's possible to change the name of an account so you must be using the wrong password.

Have you tried : https://www.wow-europe.com/login-support/password.html already?

If I recall correctly inactive characters dont show up on armory. Did you get someone to check if they could make an alt named Eclairs on shadowsong?

(if you do make a new account, be sure to use the recruit a friend system :))

from armory, i cant access my chars talent point ( because of talent revamp ? ), gears ( should still be using those T5 level gear like when i quit ). Can any1 try my a character using my main's nick? or healclaire ?

Bulldog
16-06-2009, 06:01 PM
I've been innactive since december 2007, and everything is ok.

Innactive characters are shown on Armory, unless Armory launched after your last log out.
If you loged out when armory already existed, you should be able to see your char, but most likely unable to inspect it.

Flawless
16-06-2009, 06:32 PM

You should still be able to recover them if you email/ring customer services, theres a list of Q's you have to answer. Name address, picture of CD key iirc, secret Q and answer etc.

Oogie
16-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Eclairs in unavailable as a char name.

sageclaire
17-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Thanks toolman/oogie for that. Means that my character is still in the database. Btw hi mala :)

p/s any1 got a site to download that whopiing patches i missed? Blizzard downloader seems to be bugged to me. Stucked at 8% for all eternity :(

Flawless
17-06-2009, 02:03 AM
http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors

Frazoma
17-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Is it possible to transfer your characters from the old account to the new one?

AngelSakura
17-06-2009, 08:05 AM
I think you can as long as the two accounts are registerd on the same name/address etc.
think one of my guildies did that once with his g/f's char
________
BONG (http://glassbongs.org/)

sageclaire
17-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Is it possible to transfer your characters from the old account to the new one?

yea, that would be great. But i seriously doubt it :(

Sloth
17-06-2009, 10:25 AM
so what exactly is wrong with your account? :p

sageclaire
17-06-2009, 12:01 PM
so what exactly is wrong with your account? :p

I cant log in from wow-europe.com -> account management
Because it says -> account name incorrect / email is incorrect / password incorrecct ... seems to me like my account have been compromised .

Fitzchivalry
17-06-2009, 12:21 PM
yea, that would be great. But i seriously doubt it :(

You can transfer characters to other accounts if you own both and have access to both.

Sloth
17-06-2009, 12:50 PM
I cant log in from wow-europe.com -> account management
Because it says -> account name incorrect / email is incorrect / password incorrecct ... seems to me like my account have been compromised .

so did you try https://www.wow-europe.com/login-support/password.html ?

Teuregon
17-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Either your account has been compromised yes (and discounting you mistyping any part), or have you merged the wow account into battle.net account perhaps? If you did it requires you to login on the e-mail adress you gave. Not sure if that is for coming to account management too, but I think so.

sageclaire
17-06-2009, 01:50 PM
so did you try https://www.wow-europe.com/login-support/password.html ?

yes. And to teuregon -> i dont have any battle.net account.

I mailed the tech support, but i seriously doubt i will regain access to the account. I lost my vanilla wow-dvd when i moved out of cork, and hence i cant use the "last 6 digits of original-wow" authenticator option there.

p/s i would like to say thank you to all of you who helped me here.

Vegelus
17-06-2009, 02:21 PM
yes. And to teuregon -> i dont have any battle.net account.
Might be an answer.

And to Eclairs: I'd call them instead.

Fanapee
17-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Just phone wow europe tell them your problem,when i rewactivated my account always needed to talk to them and they sorted it straight away:)

Hevn
19-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Claire!

/lick

Gwynin
21-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Well Claire it would be great to have you back :)

And sorry for possibly being a prick, but afaik you said when you left that you would hand over the account to a friend. So isnt it possible that said friend has changed some of your account infomation? :)

sageclaire
22-06-2009, 01:48 AM
Well Claire it would be great to have you back :)

And sorry for possibly being a prick, but afaik you said when you left that you would hand over the account to a friend. So isnt it possible that said friend has changed some of your account infomation? :)

Nope, he said he didnt change anything. And he only played my account for a mere 1/2 months, keeping my acc. informations intact.