View Full Version : Hunter DPS Is Too Low

Ruoste
20-05-2009, 05:38 AM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17223144541&sid=1
The developers believe hunter dps is too low, so today we are implementing a change to ranged weapon damage to improve dps across the board.

Bows, crossbows and guns of item level 226 or higher (which means weapons from Kel'Thuzad, Ulduar and the Furious Gladiator pieces) will do around 30 more dps. This should translate to a hunter damage increase of a few percent.

We don't think this will be quite sufficient in boosting hunter dps to where we think it needs to be and we have another buff that we plan to get in sometime over the next couple of weeks. We'll announce that change when it gets closer.
Mmmmmm buffs.

Malakali
20-05-2009, 06:06 AM
I laughed at the title :(

Vegelus
20-05-2009, 07:14 AM
Nice change that can put MM as a best tree with Ulduar weapons.

But it does not change one thing: getting Rune Edge/Lotrafen/Dreambinder gives bigged dps upgrade than getting Ulduar25man ranged weapons (when compared to KT weaps). Quite silly isn't it?

And grats on xbow.

Ruoste
20-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Silly indeed. Before Skyforge Crossbow was a known drop, Lotrafen was significantly bigger dps upgrade for me than any of the ranged weapons would have been.

The crossbow already boosted me around hundred dps (I had the Naxx25 gun before) and this change looks to give another hundred or so (spreadsheet dps). I'm curious what the next buff in a couple of weeks time will be... Slight boost to damage against multiple targets would be welcome right about now.

MM dps might start looking pretty good but mana is still an issue.

Vegelus
20-05-2009, 08:49 AM
For me it's still the case - 1% crit from racial is still worth a lot (crossbow seems like an upgrade only when I'm not hit capped).
And cloak from 10man Vezax hard is even crazier - dps boosts from it is even bigger. But in this case more classes see it this way probably.

Muffy
20-05-2009, 08:52 AM
PvE buffs then become pvp buffs and they hit even harder? woo yay...

Ruoste
20-05-2009, 09:22 AM
PvE buffs then become pvp buffs and they hit even harder? woo yay...
True but we were originally supposed to get this boost from new ammo anyway. Now they just added that dps directly to ranged weapons.

Ammo overhaul seems to have been pushed back to Icecrown Citadel or 4.0.

Muffy
20-05-2009, 09:35 AM
It's just going to cause a pvp whine then a nerf lol. :(

Navai
20-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Silly indeed. Before Skyforge Crossbow was a known drop, Lotrafen was significantly bigger dps upgrade for me than any of the ranged weapons would have been.

The crossbow already boosted me around hundred dps (I had the Naxx25 gun before) and this change looks to give another hundred or so (spreadsheet dps). I'm curious what the next buff in a couple of weeks time will be... Slight boost to damage against multiple targets would be welcome right about now.

MM dps might start looking pretty good but mana is still an issue.

Lotra what? All Vezax drops is wands and tank helms. :<

Seen some pretty nice numbers myself this morning on the training dummy but im not sure how much of that is the Go for the Throat proccing bug fix, the 25.6 dps increase on Siren's Cry or the Rune Edge I obtained last night because Vezax is a stingy git.

Between the 3 of those I've seen about 300-450 dps increase(rng dependant) on the dummy at least - and the highest dps value was with 0 Lock N Load procs, and with Auto Shot and Aimed Shot both 5% below crit, with only Steady shot being 2% over crit. Explosive Shot was right on crit.

Adharc
20-05-2009, 01:23 PM
It's just going to cause a pvp whine then a nerf lol. :(

Relax, hunters are shit in PvP right now.

Bottomfeeders at best.

It amuses me to no end. :D

Muffy
20-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Have you been hit by one rescently?

Adharc
20-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Have you been hit by one rescently?

I met one in arena a few days ago. He died kinda fast. With Dismantle/Evasion/Vanish and shit they won't dent you much. Just remember to reset the fight if he gets a Frost Trap kiting session in.

Ontopic - I remember doing a Naxx25 PuG a week or so ago and a hunter was topping the meters, along with an arcane mage and myself. So maybe I'm just bad in DPSing, but that seemed to me like you guys are still in the upper half of the charts. Am I that wrong?

Muffy
20-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Thria was doing 4,5k dps about 3 weeks ago in VoA.

Didn't think there was a major problem....

yeah but not just for rogues I mean :)

Vegelus
20-05-2009, 02:09 PM
According to this:
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/all/7/0/3/310
hunters were too low.

Muffy
20-05-2009, 02:30 PM
According to this:
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/all/7/0/3/310
hunters were too low.

ah ok , ty for the source.

Rukia
21-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Ontopic - I remember doing a Naxx25 PuG a week or so ago and a hunter was topping the meters, along with an arcane mage and myself. So maybe I'm just bad in DPSing, but that seemed to me like you guys are still in the upper half of the charts. Am I that wrong?

Well, one pug isn't going to be a good indication by itself. And as Blizzard have said, what's primarily wrong with hunter dps is scaling from Ulduar gear. Check the bottom post here (http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/17223144541-improving-hunter-dps-through-ranged-weapons.html) if you want a more detailed description of the issue. And note that the ammo issue has been partly fixed with the recent patch, which gave a dps boost to all ranged weapons at or above ilevel 226.

Relax, hunters are shit in PvP right now.

Bottomfeeders at best.

It amuses me to no end. :D

:(

2v2 and 3v3 are truly dire. We can still hold our own in 5v5, however. Since Blizzard have acknowledged how pathetic our representation is in the first two brackets we'll hopefully have some changes on the way.

Muffy
21-05-2009, 03:23 PM
2v2 and 3v3 are truly dire. We can still hold our own in 5v5, however. Since Blizzard have acknowledged how pathetic our representation is in the first two brackets we'll hopefully have some changes on the way.

Back to the indestructible druid / hunter comp!!