View Full Version : Juggernaut change (3.1.2)

Bunneh
12-05-2009, 02:39 PM
*cry*

Warrior (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)

* Juggernaut: Critical strike chance bonus reduced to 25%, down from 100%.

Also:

Glyphs

* Glyph of Rapid Charge now reduces the cooldown of your Charge ability by 7%. (Down from 20%)

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

Yes it's ptr so may not go to live *puts on whining hat!* Meh who am I kidding? I'll go to another class next week anyway...

Adharc
13-05-2009, 05:33 AM
It's just and deserving. A 7-10k burst opportunity every 12 seconds was a bit too harsh when you've got another 2 damage moves available after the Charge - Heroic Strike - Mortal Strike.

Stim
17-05-2009, 12:49 AM
I get 6-12k burst on dk pressing Scourge Strike twice but, clearly, problem is in warriors D:

Adharc
17-05-2009, 09:33 AM
I get 6-12k burst on dk pressing Scourge Strike twice but, clearly, problem is in warriors D:

So we should keep an overpowered talent because DKs are overpowered as well, right?

Saha
17-05-2009, 12:33 PM
No, because Heroic strike is fun and relaxing. Specially so in PvP.

Panzera
17-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't mind those nerfs, was fun while it lasted.

Flawless
18-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Woah, SSE is removing posts now?

Muffy
18-05-2009, 09:36 AM
No, because Heroic strike is fun and relaxing. Specially so in PvP.

Ohhhhhhhhh, I got it.

Karadros
20-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Do not want.

Chopper
26-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Juggernaut was overpowered compared to what?

Adharc
27-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Juggernaut was overpowered compared to what?

Compared to DKs and Rets because you had higher mobility and target uptime. Shittier damage and utility, but yeah, beats me. They're gonna nerf rogue burst and ret mobility as well this patch. Also lock burst and DK survivability/control. All slight changes, except Juggernaut and Overkill.

If you're gonna rage, add in buffing resto druid survivability.

Muffy
27-05-2009, 01:09 PM
All the characters I have are being nerfed. How awesome?

Flawless
27-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Never found it overpowered, just annoying that you knew you where going to die at a certain % of HP but tahts true with most classes. My biggest bitch would have to be ret palas and the speed they can dump all their abilties, all they effectivley have to do is wait for CD its not like even mana is an issue. Also, chains of ice wouldn't be so bad if it went fast to slow, i.e. 20% to 90% speed reduction.

Muffy
27-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah, all paladins moan they they arent Overpowered but I have one and they are just a joke to be honest, it dosen't have good gear and it ruins well geared players.

Chopper
27-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Juggernaut: This talent now also increases the cooldown on Charge by 5 seconds.
Sucks, but charge in combat is still awesome.

Vegelus
27-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Sucks, but charge in combat is still awesome.

Warbringer ;P

Bunneh
28-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Some more waffle from Blizzard regarding the changes.

Juggernaut nerfed in Patch 3.1.3

The problem was that Arms warriors with Juggernaut still had Intercept. We think it's fine to use those back to back once, which is basically what this change will do. The problem we were having is a warrior could keep bouncing back and forth between a couple of targets, keeping them both stunned which incidentally also interrupted casting. The casters were just never getting a chance to get spells off. Their only recourse felt like crowd control, but of course caster CC is typically magic based and could be dispelled, while warrior stuns and snares are much harder to get out of.

Getting up on a caster quickly is awesome, which is why we created the talent. Using Charge in combat is cool and useful. Using Charge in combat constantly is pretty brutal to casters. We thought about just increasing the cooldown of Charge itself so that the talent didn't feel like it had a drawback (because we have certainly heard from warriors unhappy with the Titan's Grip penalty). However we felt that was an unfair nerf to the leveling warrior or the tank who use Charge regularly just to solve a PvP balance problem.

We knew that removing the in-combat charge from Juggernaut would totally kill the talent and the idea, which is why we didn't do it. That is what I meant by nerfing it into the ground, though apparently some players interpreted that as meaning barely getting nerfed at all.

We knew it would be a controversial change, which is why we wanted to go ahead and get it posted ahead of time. This patch is small so it won't go up on the PTR, yet we didn't want it to feel like a stealth nerf if it just went in one morning unannounced.

Post Source (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17367599537&pageNo=5&sid=1#89)

Kinda glad I got bored of the Warrior again and moved back to the Protadin...

Muffy
28-05-2009, 09:26 AM
lol. warriors Hooooo!