View Full Version : Model changing.

Theory
05-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Is there anyone familiar with modelchanging?
Personally I'd like to have my UD male converted to a Nightelf Male, but it aint really working out well (yet).

Thanks in advance

Stumpet
05-05-2009, 08:53 AM
As i remember you cant change race or side, only looks and gender on your toon

Theory
05-05-2009, 09:04 AM
As i remember you cant change race or side, only looks and gender on your toon

It's only for personal view, so only the looks nothing more.

Muffy
05-05-2009, 09:29 AM
I can

Adharc
05-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Bannable.

Slicer
05-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Bannable.

It's not bannable unless you do something retarded like remove walls in the game. This is because Blizzard thought it would be a good idea to have object collision based entirely client side. I've been model changing for over 3 years now with nothing bad to say about it. I've not heard of anyone ever being banned purely for model editing their character or weapons. Just don't do something stupid like turn your pet into Ragnaros.

Adharc
05-05-2009, 10:03 AM
It's not bannable unless you do something retarded like remove walls in the game. This is because Blizzard thought it would be a good idea to have object collision based entirely client side. I've been model changing for over 3 years now with nothing bad to say about it. I've not heard of anyone ever being banned purely for model editing their character or weapons. Just don't do something stupid like turn your pet into Ragnaros.

Iiiinteresting.

Could anybody PM me with a reliable guide for model changing?

Gnome hit box sucks.

Muffy
05-05-2009, 10:06 AM

yeah agreed, I did it alot before you could change sex of your character.

Now its a bit of a hassle for me so I don't do it anymore but can, is it realativly easy these days slice?

Adharc check www.MMOwned.com has all guide.

Green flames / Green smoke did a demo and had changed loads of stuff and got banned lols.

only case

Slicer
05-05-2009, 10:10 AM
yeah agreed, I did it alot before you could change sex of your character.

Now its a bit of a hassle for me so I don't do it anymore but can, is it realativly easy these days slice?

Not sure if Blizzard changed anything since patch 3.1, I haven't played since then. There used to be a program that would do file swaps called Glitchy's Model Editing Suite. He stopped developing that over a year ago though, not sure if he ever picked it up again. Parts of it still work, like the basic model and some textures / skins, depending on race.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-editing-guides-programs/

Try looking in there, there's always a load of people asking for certain swaps done so you may get lucky.

Muffy
05-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Not sure if Blizzard changed anything since patch 3.1, I haven't played since then. There used to be a program that would do file swaps called Glitchy's Model Editing Suite. He stopped developing that over a year ago though, not sure if he ever picked it up again. Parts of it still work, like the basic model and some textures / skins, depending on race.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-editing-guides-programs/

Try looking in there, there's always a load of people asking for certain swaps done so you may get lucky.

One of my chars is an orc female so i doubt it :D
cheers, still have the editing suite.

Stumpet
05-05-2009, 10:57 AM
That kind og modeling change i was thinking of the thingy where you pay blizzard to change gender and looks

i fail :(

Theory
05-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Iiiinteresting.

Gnome hit box sucks.

same thanks

Über
05-05-2009, 12:49 PM
But why the fuck do you want to change your model to night elf male?

The only reason I could come up with if someone would be celebrating on coming out of the closet and deciding to do so in WoW. :;v

Theory
05-05-2009, 12:52 PM
But why the fuck do you want to change your model to night elf male?

The only reason I could come up with if someone would be celebrating on coming out of the closet and deciding to do so in WoW. :;v

lol but, personal prefference.

Muffy
05-05-2009, 01:15 PM
It's like I changed from Male Belf to Female Belf because the cast animation is better, its all about taste aint it.

Realition
05-05-2009, 01:53 PM
If you're horde, PM me in game on either Realition or Nochera and I'll guide you through it. It requires you to have a few programs tho (1 being MES).

Once you learn the basics it's all relatively easy.

Thrane
05-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Iiiinteresting.

Gnome hit box sucks.

Your hit box wouldn't change at all since you just change what you yourself see.

Bunneh
05-05-2009, 02:54 PM
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=1781808648&sid=1#4

Just in case anyone does try it.

Warlee
05-05-2009, 03:07 PM
They always say it - and never do anything about it. What Slicer said really...