View Full Version : [A] LF 2v2 Partner

Kryptonix
23-04-2009, 10:19 AM
LF priest/druid 2v2 partner.

Have been Rival for S3 + 4, and only did around a hundred games last season for points and whatnot.

I can supply a team.

Am sub specced for shadowdance and have the appropriate glyphs and gear.

Last partner was a feral druid, and have played mid-range 1750-1800 arena with the following classes specs: Feral/resto/dreamstate druid, and Disc priests.

Any questions, poke me ingame. Oh, and you must be willing to use Skype.

Adharc
23-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Shadow Dance doesn't really work outside double DPS in 2s from my experience. I've tried it with a weapon swap macro and Hemorrhage, and I thought it worked decently, but to be honest it suffers from the same issues as Subtlety in TBC - lack of burst, countered by plate, and overall lower damage than Mutilate (due to poisons). When I switched back to Muti/Prep it was a big difference.

Sure, you can pull off some crazy shit (double CS shadowstep sap, chain sap, and overall great burst), but out of that you're just gonna get so much lower damage than your opponent.

If you get it to work, however, do whisper me :)

AND FOR THE HIGH MEKGINEER'S SAKE DUEL ME >:0

EDIT - Currently browsing this thread: Adharc, Zitoo. Yo pro, wassup? :P

Sanara
23-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Pick me!!

Kryptonix
23-04-2009, 02:01 PM
@Adharc: Well because I didn't do much arena last season I am not as familiar as I was with the spec-of-the-month. Also, having ditched daggers back when I first levelled in favour of swords, I've been using swords for 99.9% of my playtime since then, in both PvE and PvP. I used a similar sub spec for PvP in TBC, and it worked and I did fine with it.

Then Wrath was launched and I modified the spec a little so I can keep the things I want. I was able to pick up a collection of daggers from all the Naxx runs we did and have changed to using those for PvP the other month back -- my dagger skill was still sub-300 so had to level that too :p

Everything seems to be working out nicely now too, and like yourself have got some new deadly stuff.... like 2k off the belt ffs. (I might have lied about my AV medal total.... now at 0 but I do have 55+ of everything else)

Also slowly working on the last hurdle for Justicar.... about 4.5% into revered with AB.

@Sanara: Oh go on then! :D

Zitoo
23-04-2009, 02:52 PM
EDIT - Currently browsing this thread: Adharc, Zitoo. Yo pro, wassup? :P

i need a new partner since they destroyed aff/holy q_q, reroll ud rog please.

Adharc
23-04-2009, 03:07 PM
@Adharc: Well because I didn't do much arena last season I am not as familiar as I was with the spec-of-the-month. Also, having ditched daggers back when I first levelled in favour of swords, I've been using swords for 99.9% of my playtime since then, in both PvE and PvP. I used a similar sub spec for PvP in TBC, and it worked and I did fine with it.

Then Wrath was launched and I modified the spec a little so I can keep the things I want. I was able to pick up a collection of daggers from all the Naxx runs we did and have changed to using those for PvP the other month back -- my dagger skill was still sub-300 so had to level that too :p

Yeah, I remember sniffing at people that rolled Mutilate back in 3.0.2 as well, Shadow Dance was so much more fun. But now, I'm less able to do well in arenas compared to back then as Sub, and I really rely on unloading my energy as fast as I can into my target (42 energy Mutilates for the fucking win!).

i need a new partner since they destroyed aff/holy q_q, reroll ud rog please.

I wish I could, but it took me 6 months to get 4/5 T7 on Soik, so I'm pretty hardcore casual on raiding. To be competitive enough to play with you, I'd need to restart the entire gearing process again, and I've got NO patience to do that, as much as I enjoy your sexy voice on Vent :D

You've got Condition and Ranethar, can always pick them :)

Sanara
23-04-2009, 03:50 PM
@Sanara: Oh go on then! :D

Wheeeee!

Gladiator Sanara and Gladiator Kryptonls - I can see it now :)

Slicer
23-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Not in this century. :D

Muffy
23-04-2009, 04:12 PM
lol the optimism!

Adharc
23-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Not in this century. :D

So how're you?

Last I recall, you were replaced by your priest with another rogue, and they climbed 500 rating :D

Kryptonix
23-04-2009, 04:57 PM
He has a point.... heh :p

Hi Ry.

Slicer
23-04-2009, 05:00 PM
So how're you?

Last I recall, you were replaced by your priest with another rogue, and they climbed 500 rating :D

That would be the time when my partner became so obsessed with trying to get gladiator that he paid Hydra / his rogue 60k gold to boost his rating. I didn't want any part of it so didn't give them my account, I haven't played on that character since March.

Adharc
23-04-2009, 05:11 PM
That would be the time when my partner became so obsessed with trying to get gladiator that he paid Hydra / his rogue 60k gold to boost his rating. I didn't want any part of it so didn't give them my account, I haven't played on that character since March.

Interesting.

What I'm more curious about is how the hell did the rogue manage to get to 2550 with a Combat spec, a very strange one at that! (Killing Spree and 13+ points in Sub)

Warlee
23-04-2009, 10:39 PM

Pathetic behaviour. Why would he ask Hydra btw if any other not so fameous priest from top notch did it for around 10k :D :)

Morilith
24-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Interesting.

What I'm more curious about is how the hell did the rogue manage to get to 2550 with a Combat spec, a very strange one at that! (Killing Spree and 13+ points in Sub)

Well he obviously didn't play as combat.

I seriously doubt a 'random top notch' priest could get there, though.

Slicer
24-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Pathetic behaviour. Why would he ask Hydra btw if any other not so fameous priest from top notch did it for around 10k :D :)

The last season was down right awful for priest / rogue teams. We hit a brick wall at around 2250 with every other team being hunter + paladin / shaman or DK / paladin, neither of which was nice to face at the time if they had a clue. From what I know about 6-7 priest / rogue teams in Cyclone got the gladiator title. Even after Hydra trying to boost that team they failed to get gladiator, they were 10 places outside the cut off mark.

Adharc
24-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Well he obviously didn't play as combat.

I checked his Armory about three times after during the week, and his 2v2 rating changed while his spec didn't. It was clearly a PvP spec, as well.

It was probably Kalimist (Hydra's rogue) trying out a new spec out of boredom.

Ailith
24-04-2009, 01:43 PM
If the rogues good enough I don't see that rating outside the boundaries of possibility with that spec.

Not sure why there was an attack on Slicer though, it's not like he hasn't generally been the highest rated alliance rogue on Shadowsong >.>

Adharc
24-04-2009, 01:51 PM
If the rogues good enough I don't see that rating outside the boundaries of possibility with that spec.

Not sure why there was an attack on Slicer though, it's not like he hasn't generally been the highest rated alliance rogue on Shadowsong >.>

What attack? >.>

Ailith
24-04-2009, 02:06 PM
What attack? >.>

Well....

Last I recall, you were replaced by your priest with another rogue, and they climbed 500 rating
Basically reads to me as a thinly veiled "Lol, your priest dumped you and they went up in rating. You suck." or somesuch.

I'm fully willing to believe I misconstrued it though :)

Adharc
24-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Well....

Basically reads to me as a thinly veiled "Lol, your priest dumped you and they went up in rating. You suck." or somesuch.

I'm fully willing to believe I misconstrued it though :)

That's correct, if you remove the "you suck" part. When I saw it I was thinking "Ouch, poor dude isn't even getting Duelist :/".

I'm pretty certain Slicer could get Gladiator if he cared enough to play.

EDIT: thread officially hijacked!

Slicer
24-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Can't say I care about titles in any way, I've had duelist for 4 seasons and never used it...

Only title I have ever used is Immortal, and I stopped using that a week after we got it.

Morilith
24-04-2009, 03:01 PM
The Love Fool is the only pro title anyway.

Malchous
24-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Pros use "The Exalted" ;P QQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Kryptonix
27-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Pro's don't use a title. End of. :)

Kryptonix
30-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Bump.

Do not read the OP now - somewhat out of date.

LF Disc priest or druid to Arena with. Am mutilate specced for PvP now; the standard 41/5/25 with full deadly armor and furious accessories and access to most Ulduar heroic gear for extra damage and stuff.

Adharc
30-05-2009, 06:58 PM
I think Kryp is a pretty cool guy, eh kills rogues in 2 GCDs and doesn't afraid of anything.

Prick.

:/

Flawless
30-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Who's a prick?

Celdor
30-05-2009, 08:27 PM
i heard after he kills u he eats ur spleen...

Sloth
30-05-2009, 08:38 PM
what's the point of that avatar?

Adharc
30-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Who's a prick?

Ghostcrawler.

Celdor
30-05-2009, 09:00 PM
what's the point of that avatar?

oh ye my bad ill change it

Kryptonix