View Full Version : WotLK Fun?

Myriima
20-04-2009, 10:40 AM
In regards to PVP and casual gaming that is. Played quite a bunch of offline games that I thought I missed out on due to my WoW addiction, but found em rather boring.. or lacking replayability. So I am thinking of reactivating my account for some casual fun with WoW again. How is WotLK for you people?

Robinvi
20-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Same old. I got tired and quit aswell, after about a month when i realised i've done this alot before.

I did have some fun leveling though, and if you have been on a long break im sure you will have loads of fun.

Also, after playing Darkfall i realised WoW is a Carebear game! :P

Cheiftan
20-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Levelling and generally the whole experience is far better than TBC and in purely quantifiable terms is probably as good as it's ever been. However it clearly lacks the "magic" of original WoW but that's something no expansion will ever really be able to compete with.

Naxx was a lazy way to start raiding but Ulduar is a clear improvement. I agree with Robin, you'll definitely enjoy the levelling - there are some great quest hubs and lines - but of course it will eventually get repetitive unless (and even if) you're raiding.

elog
20-04-2009, 11:11 AM
I reactivated my account for WotLK.

The zones are really fun to quest in, the dungeons are not too much of a dungeon crawl and overall it is clearly worth it for a few weeks of fun.

However, for someone that find most achievements to be the glorified version of fighting in twill the expansion is to easy in my opinion. I am sure Ulduar on hard mode (and some normal Ulduar fights) will bring the real challenges but 5-man, 5-man heroics and quest chains are way to easy for my taste. 10 and 25-man Naxx was PUGed less than 3 months after release :/

It is almost more fun to go back and test what you can iron-man but that is really fun on the other hand.

Cannot comment on PvP after the latest patches but it was horribly broken after release with LoLDKs running around like juggernaughts of sillyness. Seems better from the forums now though.

Chonar
20-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Half of my enjoyment comes from knowing the lore. Sure, there's a "Lets quickly kill Malygos for a chance at the blue drake mount you guys", but ignoring the ease of content I'm left wondering who'll replace him as Guardian of Magic.

And right now we're in Ulduar, where Algalon is *doing his duty* to *report the status of Azeroth* to our *Creators*. And we'll kill him for our own survival, in a way directly opposing the divine beings that made us be.

It's all in the back of my mind while we clear some trash and loot some purples. Yes, WotLK is fun. I am in constant loregasm.

Notafama
20-04-2009, 11:47 AM
I have to agree with elog, i really enjoyed questing a lot (not only for the gold).

Adharc
20-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Half of my enjoyment comes from knowing the lore. Sure, there's a "Lets quickly kill Malygos for a chance at the blue drake mount you guys", but ignoring the ease of content I'm left wondering who'll replace him as Guardian of Magic.

And right now we're in Ulduar, where Algalon is *doing his duty* to *report the status of Azeroth* to our *Creators*. And we'll kill him for our own survival, in a way directly opposing the divine beings that made us be.

It's all in the back of my mind while we clear some trash and loot some purples. Yes, WotLK is fun. I am in constant loregasm.

Now those are two interesting discussions. I never knew that was Algalon's duty. With Malygos vanquished (not killed, I assume), the ever-blooming corruption that seeps Azeroth and the continual emergence of formerly-imprisoned Old Gods and their armies, the dangers that arise from multiple sources, some still to be discovered and investigated, would the Titans consider our planet a threat to the Universe and could decide to wipe us out?

In our rebellion against our creators, are we more the victims and at the same time our saviours, who have time-after-time again have eliminated those who sought to destroy us - with our armies constantly diminishing, backed up against a corner, fighting still, will be judged necessary collateral victims, or rescued and sent to 'save' other living forms across the cosmos?

Bunneh
20-04-2009, 04:04 PM
WoW has been boring me considerably for a while, but with no cash to invest in new hardware and hardly anyone playing BF1942 any more I'm stuck with WoW. Plan is to move to Jumpgate Evo for a while and have a break from WoW.

Senex
20-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Now those are two interesting discussions. I never knew that was Algalon's duty. With Malygos vanquished (not killed, I assume), the ever-blooming corruption that seeps Azeroth and the continual emergence of formerly-imprisoned Old Gods and their armies, the dangers that arise from multiple sources, some still to be discovered and investigated, would the Titans consider our planet a threat to the Universe and could decide to wipe us out?
Yes. Yes, they would.

In fact, Algalon's speech files indicate that he has performed this procedure many times before, consigning hundreds of worlds and billions of souls to oblivion.

Miniloth
20-04-2009, 04:46 PM
would the Titans consider our planet a threat to the Universe and could decide to wipe us out?

No they would send us on a questline to go get 10 pigs trotters and 15 boxes of mushrooms, then everything would be fine again.

Bunneh
20-04-2009, 05:11 PM
The drop rate would suck though.

kyochi
20-04-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm just going to say whats been said before.

I've had an amazing time leveling, i've never enjoyed it more. Sure there are some grindgrindgrind quests but there's so much more story going on, more thought on the dialog and links back into quests of old. I've been extremely casual lately, only just hitting 80 since launch, but it's been great taking in the story and landscape.

Pvp wise i've enjoyed wintergrasp in the few games i've played! Can be epic, can be far too quick

Chonar
20-04-2009, 11:31 PM
No they would send us on a questline to go get 10 pigs trotters and 15 boxes of mushrooms, then everything would be fine again.

Dear god I lol'd. So hard.

Turiel
21-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Levelling was definitely a lot of fun. If nothing else, reactive your account for a month, and go level. You'll have fun.

Thordyn
21-04-2009, 08:57 AM
If nothing else, level a Death-Knight, or at least do the starting zone.

Notafama
21-04-2009, 09:11 AM
If nothing else, level a Death-Knight, or at least do the starting zone.

:(

Chonar
21-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Wrath Gate questline yes. Especially if you've killed Onyxia.

kyochi
21-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Wrath Gate questline yes. Especially if you've killed Onyxia.

oooooohh yes

Eisen
01-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Iím finding the new content and direction of epics for all somewhat disconcerting, as I believe many other players are. I find myself moaning about how easy the content is and due to that fact I have hardly even been bothered to play at all.

But this is not really the way it is Ė itís just a frame of mind I have inflicted on myself as have many original players, everyone has epic now so they donít feel left out when subscription renewal comes up; its the level of the epics that matter. The new content on a whole is very well done and indeed the questing is vast and immersive. Raiding till ulduar just now looks like a load of rubbish and I have not been interested enough to take it seriously again until yesterday. It looks uldar is a significant improvement to naxx in level of difficulty and longevity and if you were going to start playing again I say this is as good a time as any.