View Full Version : Arena Rating + Recruitment Thread

Atreyas
30-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Basically setup this thread for the Arena Players of shadowsong to discuss their rating, look for more players for their teams, or even just to discuss the upcoming changes, class arena changes and how you think it will affect the arena etc.

Ill start :)

2V2: Just started one with Narayan currently at 1700 and still flying up.
3v3: Recruing a DK to join Us Holypala/SurvHunter/DK
5v5: LF a team

About 3.1 Arena for me, im not looking forward to the holy paladin nerfs, i suppose it is fair that they are balancing out the arena's but i think we are losing some key abilities.

Warlee
30-03-2009, 03:31 PM
watch out for gruze he is vent raging without mic

Gruze
30-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Tja Warlee

Slicer
30-03-2009, 04:45 PM
1600 rated hero playing flavour of the month comps.

'Sup?

Morilith
30-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Shadowsong arena is serious business

:3

Adharc
30-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Holy Paladin staying just as strong in S6, only problem I see is the imminent rise in Discipline Priests and Destruction Warlocks/Rogue setup. Shattering Throw = easily LoSable in its current form. Glyph of Hand of Salvation? Yes, please. 11% more passive healing? Sure. 10 sec immunity to interrupts/counterspell on a 2 minute cooldown? Why thank you.

On topic, once I get my account back, my holy paladin on Horde will be looking for a new 2v2 partner - DK, Survival, Fury, Affliction, heck, I'll even take a rogue if he's got 156+ DPS weapons and 600+ resilience. I've gotten to 1800 in <70 games (first ever as the class/spec), admitedly carried by Zitoo, but I'm improving every game, and feel like I can pull my own weight quite easily at that rating now, given an adequate partner.

PS - I'd be aiming for 2.1k at least by the end of the season. If you, a friend, or a friend of a friend is interested and capable, PM me here, please.

PPS - Dean's got a PvP vid out :P (http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=104899)

Konzar
30-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Yay for going back to Holy/prot :tongue6:
Atleast surv hunters are getting the nerfs that they need! Anyways, what specc do you think hunters will go in next patch?

Notafama
30-03-2009, 11:17 PM
The return of the resto druid in S6?

Über
31-03-2009, 08:09 AM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1672/rouges.png

Ailith
31-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Mmm, I kinda given up on shadowsong arena. Mostly play for 'fun' atm, rather than seriously attempt any rating. I kinda gave up after grouping with a random hunter at 1350 rating. Managed to raise him to 1500 then the week after was utter fail.

I will never forget the game I told him to "Kite the warrior with traps" vs Warr + Pala. So he proceeded to kite with Ice traps rather than frost traps. A part of me died in that game I think. I'm not that great of a priest anyway (I'd wager 1700-1750 rating), but I'm not going to get better at sub 1500 rating so I'm just playing casually atm.

Not sure what I'm going to do really, gearing my horde on frostwhisper atm. But not really seriously. I really wish my DK was human tho >.>

Vegelus
31-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Atleast surv hunters are getting the nerfs that they need!
Where?

@Uber. Yay, some good news it seems.

Kryptonix
31-03-2009, 02:39 PM
DK/PALA LOL.

Discuss.

Atreyas
31-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Meh, i play with hunter, even though DK pala is completly faceroll, it can still be hard to find a DK with common sense.

Adharc
31-03-2009, 05:37 PM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1672/rouges.png

For once, I'll be glad if Vanish breaks.

YEEEEEAAAAH.

Warlee
31-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Meh, i play with hunter, even though DK pala is completly faceroll, it can still be hard to find a DK with common sense.

COMMON MACRO

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=104683

Morilith
01-04-2009, 02:14 AM

Shoot yourself in the face.

Schwonky
01-04-2009, 03:59 AM
Crawling slowly higher... 1802 atm in 2v2 after a week or so... It's a challenge playing an underpowered class and being an underdog in Arena against the 100s of mage/rogue (one of you make a mistake please), huntard/healer and DK/Healer teams ... only free wins are lock teams.

Hoping for 2k rating I think.

Anyhow I logged out in my PvP gear if you checked it on armory and am looking for a 5v5 team.

Side note: I am sure all the top rated DK/Paladin teams are very skilled but losing to keyboarding turning clickers in the 1700-1900s that use repentance on a warrior is just frustrating... around 50/50 against DK/healer teams, I am sure it will be 0/100 around 2k rating.

Slicer
01-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Side note: I am sure all the top rated DK/Paladin teams are very skilled...

Ha... ha... ha. Heh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-LMZpd7pI

Servelan
01-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Morreh, your sig is absolutely brilliant lol...

That is all.

Lednar
01-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Messing around as DK/Resto Druid around 2k rating. Not too bad tbh.

Morilith
01-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Random stuff I've noticed...
Fury warriors, when played right, are absolutely disgusting, especially because you never ever meet one so you've no idea what to do, then those 2 betrayers hit you in the face and you have a lolwut moment. They do die though.

DK/Pally teams around 2100-2200 are usually tunnelvision heroes who won't use freedom for an entire match if you don't stun them. Free points lawl

And it's disgusting how there's one billion rogues and mages whining about balance with how retardedly powerful RMP is right now. In fact, it's always been. Gtfo.

Hai Mary, I still have those screenshots for you.

Frazoma
01-04-2009, 07:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-LMZpd7pI[/QUOTE]

Go go keyboard turning-mouse clicking paladins 3k raiting await you. :cool:

Servelan
02-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Screenshots? What screenshots? :O

Morilith
02-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Some TBC ones from Nagrand, you might be in them!

Kenny
02-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Ha... ha... ha. Heh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-LMZpd7pI

palmface

Legendfierce
06-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Meh this seasons been a joke.

Grats to the pala dk gladiators well deserved can't have been easy

/endsarcasm

Notafama
06-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Cheers.

Adharc
06-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Big hopes for Season 6 though :)

Morilith
06-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Meh this seasons been a joke.

Grats to the pala dk gladiators well deserved can't have been easy

/endsarcasm

Grats on being terribad and not getting anywhere after a billion games played.

And I did it without sarcasm!

I'm good.

Atreyas
07-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Do i smell drama? :)

Going back on topic, ill be playing retri next season, have my gear lined up and waiting, will be looking for a healer if anybody is
interested, prefer a resto shaman, but will look into others. :)

Legendfierce
08-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Grats on being terribad and not getting anywhere after a billion games played.

And I did it without sarcasm!

I'm good.

HOOK LINE AND SINKER

Legend- 1
Morreh- 0

Btw my sister says terribad it's not good shes turning 7 soon, Well don't play 2's anymore if you looked we stopped playing a month back, even more probably i'll say this once cos everybody who plays WoW in arena knows anyway.
DK pala is quite simply a combo which is a cut above the rest in this season thus making them outclass a vast majority whats hard about that comon, dont just be bitter and bias.
Wasn't having a dig at anybody personally if you get offended because i think DK / Pala combo is a joke and dosnt take alot to faceroll 100 games in maxd gear to get 2.4k + then thats your problem. You obviosly think your some big cheese whos a better player than the rest. But im sorry your really not now stop talking down to me and come and get with my sister she'd love you..

And yes Atreyas we needed some drama not been drama fishing for a but glad i didn't waste my bait..
http://alexwhitmer.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/fishing-girl.jpg

Atreyas
08-04-2009, 11:05 PM
kek...But back on topic, i seriously am looking for a healer for next season, i will be playing retribution spec, im looking for somebody who:

*Has situational awareness
*Can communicate on ventrilo
*Has a good understanding on their class mechanics
*Is willing to read guides on arena junkies to get the best performance out of their class in the 2v2 bracket

Cheers guys! :thumbright:

Coldpwa
09-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Looking for someone to waste my time in 2v2 with, i.e., I don't care what your gear or experience is. PM me please!

Morilith
09-04-2009, 12:38 PM
HOOK LINE AND SINKER

Legend- 1
Morreh- 0

Btw my sister says terribad it's not good shes turning 7 soon, Well don't play 2's anymore if you looked we stopped playing a month back, even more probably i'll say this once cos everybody who plays WoW in arena knows anyway.
DK pala is quite simply a combo which is a cut above the rest in this season thus making them outclass a vast majority whats hard about that comon, dont just be bitter and bias.
Wasn't having a dig at anybody personally if you get offended because i think DK / Pala combo is a joke and dosnt take alot to faceroll 100 games in maxd gear to get 2.4k + then thats your problem. You obviosly think your some big cheese whos a better player than the rest. But im sorry your really not now stop talking down to me and come and get with my sister she'd love you..

Aside the fact that your sister is most likely more literate than you because reading that post made me want to gouge my eyes out...

Funny how you're trying to call me bitter, gave me a hearty chuckle. I'm sure you're still butthurt from all the rape you got in 2v2. Despite actually standing a fair chance against DK/Pally teams. In fact, I heard claims that you guys farm them. How convenient.

Even funnier how you're whining about class balance now, but let's face it. The status wasn't any different back in TBC - you were bad then, you're bad now, only now you have a reason more to whine, despite having a better chance at getting somewhere.

Bottom line is, all the people who've been getting Glad up until now, will still get it, regardless of class. Because they're good. There's plenty of DKs and paladins even on Shadowsong, yet oddly enough I don't see them getting a free title.

So you might want to rethink about that score. Who knows, maybe this time it takes you less than 3 days to come up with a reply. And stop whoring your sister out.

Notafama
09-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Bottom line is, all the people who've been getting Glad up until now, will still get it, regardless of class.

S5 in a nutshell.

Legendfierce
09-04-2009, 09:58 PM
hahaha deflate your ego

Morilith
09-04-2009, 10:13 PM
hahaha deflate your ego

That's right, you're not allowed to quote me without a personal rating of 2200.

Gruze
09-04-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote'd

Flawless
09-04-2009, 11:02 PM
I swear his reply was alot longer first time I checked. Far more interesting too.

Miw
09-04-2009, 11:06 PM
MORREH IS MY HERO! I WANT HIS BABIES! interresting read. I find it soothing when people dont stop to edit themselves

Vegelus
09-04-2009, 11:35 PM
I swear his reply was alot longer first time I checked. Far more interesting too.

Just like last time? Well, that one was edited twice at least.

I'd quote Morreh but I have no ratings ;<.

Warlee
10-04-2009, 08:36 AM
bitch

On topic: Many people have whined about status of WoW now and back at days. The thing is they wouldn't go anywhere even if it was balanced... For instance do you remember season 2 warlock/druid whines? Did those whiners achieve anything the season after? I won't say any names thought...
I cannot say much about wotlk. Boosted friend's mage to 2200 in 2vs2 (blackout battlegroup) with rogue/fmage setup and didn't find it hard tho I might be wrong. Who knows maybe one day I will pop up again and play WoW to check it out...

ps. Morreh's ragin'

Alverion
10-04-2009, 09:46 AM

Sup

Morilith
10-04-2009, 02:13 PM
bitch

On topic: Many people have whined about status of WoW now and back at days. The thing is they wouldn't go anywhere even if it was balanced... For instance do you remember season 2 warlock/druid whines? Did those whiners achieve anything the season after? I won't say any names thought...
I cannot say much about wotlk. Boosted friend's mage to 2200 in 2vs2 (blackout battlegroup) with rogue/fmage setup and didn't find it hard tho I might be wrong. Who knows maybe one day I will pop up again and play WoW to check it out...

ps. Morreh's ragin'

Back in s2, druid/lock was a fairly new comp, druids made their break in season 3. So it was mostly pala/lock teams all over the place. Now on with the names! Naaames!

PS. You got it all wrong, that's not how raging is done.

Vegelus, you can quote me any time if you know what I mean.

Jumpy, Everquest sucks.

Gruzeh, go back to Naxx you fucking no-life.

Warlee
10-04-2009, 03:20 PM
In Season 2 before 2.3 with rogues sucking, druid/warlock even if was new it ruled top ladder being defeated just by warrior/healer teams. You should know it best Morreh. Paladin/Warlock with BoS was pain in ass for mage teams but as far I remember it got pwnd by other teams so just bt geared setups like this were top...
About S3... I was leveling then and being boosted in 3vs3 so can't say much sir.

Ahh funny times, s2/s3 was the shit

Morilith
10-04-2009, 03:47 PM
In Season 2 before 2.3 with rogues sucking, druid/warlock even if was new it ruled top ladder being defeated just by warrior/healer teams. You should know it best Morreh. Paladin/Warlock with BoS was pain in ass for mage teams but as far I remember it got pwnd by other teams so just bt geared setups like this were top...
About S3... I was leveling then and being boosted in 3vs3 so can't say much sir.

Well the way you put it, I wasn't sure if you were talking about us or not. We got glad that season too, not just the one after. But we never did feel as hopeless against druid/lock as we did against pala/lock. I remember winning games with me and pally down, lock dying with Lac at 5% left. Mostly we'd be free points for them, though. I'm fairly sure druid/lock only really became popular in s3.

Wartauren
10-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Druid/Warlock was fairly popular in S2 aswell, I believe. Especially towards the end of the season.

Warlee
10-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Morreh, paladin/warlock wasn't popular setup in s2 therefore you couldn't say it was a problem to get high in arena. It was hard but not popular. About warlock /druid - it was season 2 mostly when u met them I belive. At least from my experience literaly 80% of teams were warlock/druid, warlock/priest...

sorry for misspells im in hurry, will edit post when im home

Morilith
10-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Let's put it this way, neither setup was popular on a scale that you'd see it dominating the playground. But lock/druid was barely there back mid-season 2. The numbers started rising as the season neared the end, and then the druid numbers went out of control in season 3. The paladin numbers went in exactly the opposite direction.

Back when Lac made his flick, that lock/druid team was the only one at the higher rating, and that says something.

Warlee
10-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Well, from my experience druid lock was totaly dominating and I dont think it was our bad luck : )P who cares anyway, i wish u would go and flame nerd argue someone!

Morilith
10-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Well, from my experience druid lock was totaly dominating and I dont think it was our bad luck : )P who cares anyway, i wish u would go and flame nerd argue someone!

Yes, I'm sure druid/lock totally dominated the 1700 rating area.

OH SNAP.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/boley011/architecture/flamethrower.jpg

Warlee
11-04-2009, 07:48 AM
no but u tell me about it, i dno

Frazoma
12-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Restoration shaman with 896 resilience ~19k hp and 1900 spell power LF 3v3 and 5v5arena team. (can spec as elemental also)