View Full Version : Onyxia Solo

Chopper
29-03-2009, 02:45 PM
I got bored a few weeks ago and decided to have another go at soloing Onyxia. Death by Fire had always been the main problem, and I saw another movie where the author basically said that the answer was "Level 70 FR gear, stupid!" Kinda obvious in hindsight, and it does indeed solve the problem.

I'd never made a movie before so I thought I'd Fraps my 3rd kill yesterday, to share with anyone who might be interested.

As with all "first movies", this one comes with the usual disclaimers:

Video/Audio/Edit quality
It's my first attempt at such things and I've used only the most basic software. I'm well aware of the flaws.

Gameplay
There's a load of things I could do differently or better. Fraps doesn't take any prisoners, so I've noticed them too. I was considering re-Frapsing at the next reset, making this one a "rehearsal", but decided against that. My original intention was to be "candid and real", and deliver an end product complete with my mistakes. I seem to have delivered in spades on that one!

Default UI
I've tried the "addons addons addons" approach a while ago. I concluded that I prefer "low maintenance".

Anyway, here's the movie link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MZ2PS1YF

I hope you enjoy it.

Malakali
29-03-2009, 03:09 PM
gg choppeh.

Adharc
29-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Brilliant! :)

Flawless
29-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Dcqlc

Über
29-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Downloading... (and taking ages since I'm not at home. ._.)

Default UI
I've tried the "addons addons addons" approach a while ago. I concluded that I prefer "low maintenance".

More is less & the default UI is so sexy that words cannot describe it.

EDIT: Wasn't bad at all and the only thing I bothering me was the shit Oakenfold-song.. But hey, can't please them all, can you?

Also:

big props for the last track used as well

Oh yes, it was a nice compensation on the music department.

Metakerk
30-03-2009, 01:24 AM
Nicely done, big props for the last track used as well.

thurlog
30-03-2009, 07:25 AM
very nice!

Chonar
02-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Decided to be unoriginal and copy you. Level 70 fire res gear works like a charm. Gonna do this weekly now, it's still some fine gold for the time spent. (when the blues AH, anyway)

Stim
02-04-2009, 11:07 PM
It's all about being a gnome T_T

Bunneh
04-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Had a go on the Paladin, got her to 75% and got bored. I need a better attention span.

Bulldog
07-04-2009, 06:38 PM
You ninjad sapphirons drape!

Nice video, i enjoyed.