View Full Version : Titan's Grip.

Iyachtu
13-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Ever since the first glances on the fury tree changes, one thing stood out :
10% decrase in physical damage dealt.

A number of blue posts pretty much confirms the idea that blizzard has decided to penalize
so called "hybrid" classes, with the idea that hunters, mages, rogues and warlocks are the "pure" classes and as such should be doing top dps, while the rest are doomed to mediocracy.

Seems to me this contradicts their ever so popular slogan for WotLK : "Bring the player, not the class."

Adharc
13-03-2009, 11:57 AM
A skilled player of a hybrid class will still do more damage than a mediocre player of a pure DPS class, considering relatively equal gear level.

It's best to QQ after the patch has set in and 2-3 weeks have past, since the nerf may not be so bad, as other classes have had skills/talents changed as well (think hunters/rogues).

Iyachtu
13-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Aye, i suppose the hard evidence will come from WWS reports created by the top guilds, and the BiS equipped warriors.

Evilstein
16-03-2009, 01:40 PM
No SSE-warriors on PTR?

Is Fury indeed as sucky as the patch notes suggest?

Flawless
16-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Fusion WWS reports, contains numerous patch DPS test reports

http://wowwebstats.com/grwplccetswua

Iyachtu
16-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Working as intended it seems.
Well, account runs out the 24'th, guess ill save me some cash.

Holo
16-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Holo goes arms.

Flawless
16-03-2009, 09:01 PM
I'd wait and see how it pans out in live before deciding what to do. Players have made the mistake of thinking changes are permanent on the PTR before.

Gwynin
17-03-2009, 08:01 AM
10% nerf + loosing weapon mastery, it'll suck unless they buff something else...

Iyachtu
17-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Well, weapon mastery you can overcome.
But 10% physical damage reduction means a whole lot more than a straight up 10% nerf to our dps, parses from PTR raids puts fury way behind the "pure" classes, by 2k dps or such.

dantheman
06-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Right

Grimeripe of LoA
17-05-2010, 01:34 PM
So, what really happened?

In my experience fury warriors are awesome in aoe situtions.

A rogue will be oneshotted, a warrior survives, FoK is way too expensive for small groups compared to whirlwind, rogues need to apply poisons and give them time to work, a warrior charges side to side with the tank. Bloodthirst gives some small amount of self healing for even better staying power.

The warrior with bloodlust starts out with top dps and kan keep it up indefinitely.

Rogues have some ramping for posions and are weaker on aoe.

Mages tend to burn through their mana eventually.

Warlocks need mobs with a very large health pool to be efficient (too many dots), and are outright dangerous with mobs where you need to time damage (like Lady deathwisper's mana shield).

Too bad Blizzard dummed down WoW to a level that the DPS number is the sole measure of a nontank/nonhealer player.

The days of threat management and crowd control are a distant memory.