View Full Version : The road to Arathi basin Exalted. Diary of a Dwarf.

Chonar
13-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Day 206.

Why didn't I get exalted during Classic... Not a day goes by that I don't headdesk over this simple question. Why did I stop? Why didn't I persevere. Now, 3 years later I'm stuck in here, wanting that The Exalted and The Justicar achievement. And they're still making the same mistakes.

Currently guarding the Lumber Mill. Warned that hunter not to stand between enemy shamans or mages and the cliff. He didn't reply. I'll assume he understood it. Looks like the Smithy is in trouble, again. Hey look, the defenders are chasing that mounted Tauren around the back of the Smithy. Expecting an unstealthing Horde at the flag in 3.. 2.. there we go.

My Skyguard's Drape is itching.

12410 / 21000.

Chonar
13-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Hunter is now a stain at the bottom of the cliff. I want my mommy.

Stumpet
13-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Stain`s massive init :)

i bid you good luck and happy hunting

Muffy
13-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Worst rep grind ever, good luck!

Malakali
13-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Christ, i did a day of wsg and realised i couldnt stand the slowness.

Goodluckkkkk.

Adharc
13-02-2009, 03:31 PM
AB is an easier grind than WSG, but 9k is a pain nonetheless.

I recommend hitting up Snapie/Heraus/Totemmastero/Florentyna/Konzar/Kelryn/Vinas/Riezel for premades.

Chonar
13-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Day 206, 18:07

The last three games I joined had 500-0 for Horde when I entered. Hurray for Arathi Weekend.

Also...

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5208/chonararathidiaryyg6.jpg

12460 / 21000.

Smellyskele
13-02-2009, 06:52 PM
lol

Phanthastic
13-02-2009, 11:10 PM
I lol'd.

Glad i didnt have much ab rep left before conqueror title :)

But i can assure you horde is as stupid as alliance sometimes :)

Redhills
14-02-2009, 01:07 PM
try to get WSG rep like i do now :-)
is worts than AB there at least u get 200 rep / game and if u have a good party can win it in 10 min max :C
im happy when i win WSG after 40 minutes >.<

Regicide
15-02-2009, 01:33 AM
I only ever do AB with atleast a premade, even if its a small one - its actually a fun BG if it's not those "every alliance player to BS" type games. Five people is all you need to win most games, works for me (unless we're against a full horde premade).

Madorin
15-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Chonar you could have joined our little premade we had going yesterday :D Remember seeing you at the smithy dancing having a blast lol. We were doing AB and others all day and will do for the next few days. For me (who sucks at pvp and can't dps for shit as I've never tried nor have any interest in learning to be the best) letting go and just pew pewing hordies for a change was great fun!

Just ask me or Rosehip in game and we'd be happy to throw you an invite to one of groups :D

Oh and does anyone know if 'Beefycakes' Tauren warrior is on this server? Can't remember, someone in our group wants to find him.

Adharc
15-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Oh and does anyone know if 'Beefycakes' Tauren warrior is on this server? Can't remember, someone in our group wants to find him.

He is, saw him yesterday in Dalaran Sewers.

Phanthastic
15-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Chonar you could have joined our little premade we had going yesterday :D Remember seeing you at the smithy dancing having a blast lol. We were doing AB and others all day and will do for the next few days. For me (who sucks at pvp and can't dps for shit as I've never tried nor have any interest in learning to be the best) letting go and just pew pewing hordies for a change was great fun!

Just ask me or Rosehip in game and we'd be happy to throw you an invite to one of groups :D

Tried checking armory?

Chonar
15-02-2009, 01:07 PM

I'm working all day today (even now! Sort of.), get home at 19:00 in time for raiding till 20:00 - 24:00, depending on what achievement we're doing today. Then tomorrow I'll be gone during noon. But sure, I'll poke you fellas if and when I'm online. :)

Timothy
15-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Lol ... good story Chonar. :P

I liked the explosion at the end but then flashy things always catch my attention.

Darn happy I had the rep before people moved on.

iTank
16-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Getting the exalted title tho doesn't require all 3 BG-factions.

You can farm Steamwheel Cartels to exalted in 2-3 days :shh:

Chonar
16-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Getting the exalted title tho doesn't require all 3 BG-factions.

You can farm Steamwheel Cartels to exalted in 2-3 days :shh:

After getting the Bloodsail Admiral title I used cloth turn-ins and some left-over Ratchet quests to get the goblins to stop chasing me. But I didnt get them much higher than honored. Arathi Basin seems like the better choice since it'll also get me Justicar. :/

You mean the Feralas quests right? God those are dull.

Vegelus
16-02-2009, 11:10 AM
I think he's thinking about DM farm, but might be wrong (with drop chance changed).

iTank
16-02-2009, 12:41 PM
I mean killing those pirates at:

- south of Rathchet gives rep for Gadgeztan, Everlook and Booty Bay.

- east of Gadgeztan gives rep for Everlook, Booty Bay, Ratchet.

- east of Booty Bay for Everlook, Ratchet, Gadgeztan

Only 2-3 rep per kill at revered and some individuals gave 5-15 rep per kill that can be found among them. Indeed its not much, but atleast you can fix your weapon skills (as a true warrior) to max and get 4 factions (!)

I have WSG-rep under 10k / 21k ... Not really interested going there to waste my time unless pre-made.

Zarcon
18-02-2009, 02:53 PM
AB is an easier grind than WSG, but 9k is a pain nonetheless.

I recommend hitting up Snapie/Heraus/Totemmastero/Florentyna/Konzar/Kelryn/Vinas/Riezel for premades.

yeah this is probably a good tip, Riezel and Vinas with title the flawless victor, anyone else
on server got that one?

Metakerk
18-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Ye I've seen at least two around in Dalaran, iirc he wasn't one of them.

Zarcon
18-02-2009, 03:05 PM
third one in that 3vs3 also got it, should be alot more thou i recon

Kathra
19-02-2009, 02:37 AM
Joining with a full team is the only real option.

Still remember those odd times where 3-4 of us would queue, and the only capped base would be the one WE were defending or attacking. After the long and tiresome games my mind started to wander, and I swear once I was so fucking convinced that the team were engaging in a mid-battleground circlejerk.

Jarelan
19-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Chonar, post #7 made me laugh out loud, that's brilliant. :D

Chonar
19-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Day 212.

15260 / 21000

You are already dead.
Your heart will explode.
Your friends will abandon their flags.

Chonar
19-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Shut up C'thun.

Chonar
19-02-2009, 03:39 PM
No, you shut up.

Adharc
19-02-2009, 03:55 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/k01so7.jpg

Frazoma
19-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Chonar one advice from me since i am exalted with 3 bgs:Go to a secret spot that no one will hit or kill you-stand there-leach-and go watch a movie or go to sleep.That's the way to become a Conqueror or Justicar good luck.

Chonar
19-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Chonar one advice from me since i am exalted with 3 bgs:Go to a secret spot that no one will hit or kill you-stand there-leach-and go watch a movie or go to sleep.That's the way to become a Conqueror or Justicar good luck.

>8(

Phanthastic
19-02-2009, 10:42 PM

You've always been a noob Thunder!

LoWL

Evilstein
20-02-2009, 08:28 AM
If that's the way to become Conqueror/Justicar they should really change the title to "Leecher" or "Robber of Honorable Players' sanity"...

Ashborn
20-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm ashamed of being guilded with this person.

Frazoma
20-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Ffs this is just and advice if you don't want to follow it don't do it, i have chosen to play battlegrounds for rep not for leeching so shush.And Ashen i am disappointed from you.

Adharc
20-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Ffs this is just and advice if you don't want to follow it don't do it, i have chosen to play battlegrounds for rep not for leeching so shush.And Ashen i am disappointed from you.

Aren't you the guy that ran 2v2 with S2 Glad Zitoo, both of you at 850+ resi, and rated 1560?

I'm glad the Conquerer/Justicar title means so much to you.

Llort
20-02-2009, 10:54 PM
*grabs a bag of the best cinema snack there is*

Theory
21-02-2009, 06:40 AM
Day 206, 18:07

chonars img + post

12460 / 21000.

ROFL

ps. Got the cola ready with salted popcorn.

Frazoma
21-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Aren't you the guy that ran 2v2 with S2 Glad Zitoo, both of you at 850+ resi, and rated 1560?

I'm glad the Conquerer/Justicar title means so much to you.

1st. Yes i was.And wondering what's your arena raiting and what is your team setup lulz.
2nd. Doubt that you can teach me how to play PvP.kktnxbb:eek:

Faylin
21-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Wow, you're an idiot.

Warlee
21-02-2009, 01:30 PM
nioch nioch

Slicer
21-02-2009, 02:27 PM
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Soik

Fight!

Chonar
21-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Day 213

15790 / 21000

Dear diary. Oddest thing happened at Lumber Mill late at night. Me solo guarding it, belf hunter runs up to me. Without a pet. Shoots me once. I intercept her. She disengages, jumping backwards OFF the cliff... and parachutes down to safety.

And I'm standing there going WUT.

Adharc
21-02-2009, 03:55 PM
http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...dowsong&n=Soik

Fight!

I've abandoned my rogue after 3.0.9 and went on to play my paladin. I'll admit I never was good in arenas with him, and at best decent in duels. My only success with him was getting my partner (Brief) his Hateful hood and maybe beating one or two Gladiator teams (probably undergeared, back in the days where Mutilate burst was insane).

1st. Yes i was.And wondering what's your arena raiting and what is your team setup lulz.
2nd. Doubt that you can teach me how to play PvP.kktnxbb:o

You don't need to wonder about my arena rating. I'm the guy that replaced you, in your team. And got to 1700 on my first day of 2v2 as a somewhat undergeared paladin. Healing in arenas as that class is stupidly easy, a lot more difficult than, say, discipline priests with their survivability and mana issues, but on an equal footing with shamans. We've met a shaman/rogue team where I could continually help with totem stomping, only get Earth Shocked once (he didn't use it more than that one time) and LoS 4 out of 5 Hexes from the shaman. The total of three I got during that 5-minute match, I had to bubble, trinket (and manage to Sacrifice the Blind), yet the third one killed my partner.

So I don't know what you're doing wrong, nor can I teach how to play your shaman. But you, good sir, do not deserve your title.

Chopper
21-02-2009, 05:32 PM
...disengages, jumping backwards OFF the cliff... and parachutes down to safety.

And I'm standing there going WUT.
Saw something similar yesterday, on the cliff edge road between Gold Mine and Blacksmith, but ending with a pancaked hunter.

"Whoops."

Legendfierce
22-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Shaman lock is imba combo too i remember asking zitoo wtf was happening with ur 2 rating

Frazoma
23-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Adharc I am happy for your raiting but i am thinking that pala+lock is more effective combo than shaman+lock because paladins heal almost 9k with holy shock which is instant cast spell also your class can't be cced easly.Shaman's hex is castable for 1.5 secs and staying behind the pillars help a lot.Also if shaman was good he will try to purge the sacrifice.Also shamans have mana problems when the enemy doesn't hit them to trigger the water shield effect.With your paladin in highest raitings you can survive rogue+frost mage burst but as a shaman you need so much luck(if you use earth shield on your lock you will get raped and he will be cced but if you use it on yourself you will get the cc and he will be raped)so good luck.

Ailith
23-02-2009, 09:16 AM
My only success with him was getting my partner (Brief) his Hateful hood and maybe beating one or two Gladiator teams
Whilst I agree we got to around 1740* as rog priest, you make it sound like you carried me which is a bit of a stretch :)

Just backing up my corner, certainly I thought we would have got higher than that if I didn't throw as much abuse around as I did ;)

Slicer
23-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Adharc I am happy for your raiting but i am thinking that pala+lock is more effective combo than shaman+lock because paladins heal almost 9k with holy shock which is instant cast spell also your class can't be cced easly.Shaman's hex is castable for 1.5 secs and staying behind the pillars help a lot.Also if shaman was good he will try to purge the sacrifice.Also shamans have mana problems when the enemy doesn't hit them to trigger the water shield effect.With your paladin in highest raitings you can survive rogue+frost mage burst but as a shaman you need so much luck(if you use earth shield on your lock you will get raped and he will be cced but if you use it on yourself you will get the cc and he will be raped)so good luck.

This is awesome, it's like one of the retarded whine posts on the official forums.

"ALL EXPLOSIV SHOTZ TIC FOR LIEK 5k!!!"

Frazoma
23-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Says the rogue, rofl.

Slicer
23-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Says the rogue that hasn't complained about any changes what so ever nor tried to make excuses for arena performance?

That made sense.

Adharc
23-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Whilst I agree we got to around 1740* as rog priest, you make it sound like you carried me which is a bit of a stretch :)

Not at all, probably the only time I came close to carrying you was when you were undergeared during our first week or two. Sorry for if you understood otherwise.

I'd imagine keeping Magma, Grounding and Poison Cleansing totems down while pillar humping and popping Bloodlust + Tidal Waves (or whatever the name is, 11-point resto talent) with Earth Shield on yourself would help a fair lot, using trinket for dangerous Kidney Shots would help you survive a fair bit.

I wouldn't worry about Zitoo, he can survive for a fair while (ie 14 seconds of Mirror Image polymorphs and CS on yourself, seriously add the same DR to caster poly >.<) while using Felhunter's Devour Magic should he get polymorphed himself and still have trinket available. He knows his stuff.

Frazoma
23-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Fair enough.

Frazoma
23-02-2009, 01:06 PM
One more and maybe last post from me:
Slicer i don't think that your have to complain for something since rogues were gods in arenas and battlegrounds pwning all(maybe exept ret paladins).

Ailith
23-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Not at all, probably the only time I came close to carrying you was when you were undergeared during our first week or two. Sorry for if you understood otherwise.
I didn't misunderstand really, just didn't want anyone else to either as I may look for a new partner on my priest sometime :)
were gods in arenas and battlegrounds pwning all(maybe exept ret paladins).
I didn't see Slicer complain about nothing yet D:

Rogues were pretty strong for a while, currently they're not though. I'm a bit miffed that rogues are getting nerfed every patch while they leave Pala's, ferals and DK's alone though. Think I'll probably play with my horde druid and rogue for patch 3.1, hopefully it gets more balanced by then.

Slicer
23-02-2009, 01:17 PM
You what now?

Yes, burst was stupid, hence it was changed. It needed to be. Yet you're trying to justify resto shamans being inferior to paladins, yet in many ways they're just as powerful if not more so. I'm not the one jumping around post-nerf complaining about short comings in PvP. Rogues were gods in PvP? Anything in plate is currently a counter to them.

Atreyas
23-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Goodluck chonar.
Much left to go?

Chonar
23-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Goodluck chonar.
Much left to go?

15950 / 21000

At least we have the stabl--WHOOPS DISREGARD THAT

Kryptonix
24-02-2009, 10:28 AM
The Stables is a lie!

Cesaya
24-02-2009, 05:54 PM
The stables is a trick...don´t go there...nvm, we already lost mine now.

Warlee
24-02-2009, 05:58 PM
As Alliance the best thing to do in AB is to leave it. :D

Chonar
24-02-2009, 06:58 PM
16550 / 21000

I am truly, honestly starting to lose my mind. Some of these people I have to play with have brought me closer to bursting out in honest-to-god tears than any person or game has ever brought me before.

Saha
24-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Lure people with silly achievements and make a pre. Since we know no one would help you otherwise.

Chonar
24-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Lure people with silly achievements and make a pre. Since we know no one would help you otherwise.

Sunshine lollypops and rainbows everything thats wonderful is what I feel when; we're together.

Saha
24-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Either it's lack of sleep on my side, or you misunderstood what I meant.

Lure people to pre by doing silly AB achievements so that you can farm rep faster.

Chonar
25-02-2009, 12:24 AM
Either it's lack of sleep on my side, or you misunderstood what I meant.

Lure people to pre by doing silly AB achievements so that you can farm rep faster.

THIS IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA.
WTB 14 gullible fools.

Saha
25-02-2009, 09:58 PM
)))

Evilstein
26-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Bah, your pre-edit post was better, Chonar. ;)

Still... Me thinks you need some encouragement!

/equip pompoms
/enable teenage girl voice

C-H-O-N-A-R

/jump up and down
/cheer

Hm, seem to have dislocated a couple of limbs...

*Note to self*
Forsakens are not cut out to be cheerleaders.

Über
26-02-2009, 07:34 AM

Which one of those? The first edit or the one before the current one? Or maybe there were more and I missed the rest. :<

Chonar
26-02-2009, 03:24 PM

Still... Me thinks you need some encouragement!

/equip pompoms
/enable teenage girl voice

C-H-O-N-A-R

/jump up and down
/cheer

Hm, seem to have dislocated a couple of limbs...

*Note to self*
Forsakens are not cut out to be cheerleaders.

Thanks, thanks a lot. The mental imagery has been burned into my retinea, cornea, sclera and fovea at once.

Chonar
27-02-2009, 02:34 AM
17790 / 21000

Today I won a match with 2000 / 1980.
Despite the win, I died a little inside.

Flawless
27-02-2009, 02:50 AM
Chopper just got the 2000 1990 achievement an hour ago

Chonar
27-02-2009, 03:01 AM
Chopper just got the 2000 1990 achievement an hour ago

I know, he made sure to link it.
I cant complain though, I got "Not even a Scratch" the day before. Also hard.

Flawless
27-02-2009, 03:11 AM
:>

watching people wipe on Hodir is also fun

Chonar
03-03-2009, 08:34 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/1a/Rageoriginal.jpg
GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM STABLES.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/3c/RAAAAGE.png
YOU DO NOT NEED 5 DEFENDERS VERSUS 3 ATTACKERS

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/0/0b/RAGE_Mouse.gif
WHY DID NO ONE LOOK OVER THEIR SHOULDER? YES, YOU. YOU WERE THE LAST ONE TO LEAVE. HERE'S A HINT: DONT EVER BE.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/thumb/1/1c/Rage_hq.jpg/525px-Rage_hq.jpg
9 OF YOU AT THE FLAG AND THEY MANAGE TO CAP IT. YOU COULD'VE SNEEZED AND HE WOULD'VE STOPPED CHANNELLING.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/d/d2/RAGEFACE.jpg
I SWEAR. I AM SUEING YOU ALL FOR INVOKING HEMMOROIDS.

AND FURTHERMORE, I..
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6076/dong.jpg
.. oh.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4360/betterthanexpected.png

Benchi
03-03-2009, 08:36 PM
rofl :P

Vegelus
03-03-2009, 08:45 PM
lmao :D.

Malakali
03-03-2009, 09:14 PM
GG dorf, gg.

Flawless
03-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Oh wow, Chonar has turned into Chopper

Grats :P

Chopper
03-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Nonsense. I find PvP very calming.

And grats to ze dorf!

Gruze
03-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Disengage!

Stabstalker
03-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Chonar just wont 9000 internets.

Gwynin
03-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Nonsense. I find PvP very calming.

Lies, alltho your bane might also be arenas :P

Malchous
03-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Big grats for achievement/title spam :D

Sylfide
03-03-2009, 11:36 PM
lol grats. Been a fun trip to watch ;)

Taurusos
04-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Chonar just wont 9000 internets.

bryshaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Emil!!!

Evilstein
04-03-2009, 06:25 AM
Okay, I sensed that you don't wanna experience one more of my limb-tossing cheers so I'll just stick to a humble:

Congratulations, my good man!

Metakerk
04-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Grats!

Adharc
04-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Awesome, congratulations :)

Timothy
04-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Impressive ... Congratulations. :P

Kryptonix
04-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Was it mainly with pugs that you achieved the rep?

Chonar
04-03-2009, 02:05 PM
50/50

Regicide
04-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Grats, and 40 exalted.. nice :)

dantheman
04-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Grats Dorf.

Harr
04-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Hehe.

Congrats!

Atreyas
05-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Grats Chon

Morilith
05-03-2009, 01:03 AM
All the arena pros posting in an epic thread and I obviously miss it for well over a week.

Damnit.

Stabstalker
05-03-2009, 01:20 PM
bryshaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Emil!!!

brushaaan! kom så gör vi avenyyyn osäkert ;D

Evilstein
05-03-2009, 01:43 PM
ZOMG!
Assguard fails at the alphabet!

Or rather, at the alphabet too! :D

Frazoma
05-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Congratulations you are my Idol!

Stabstalker
05-03-2009, 03:26 PM
ZOMG!
Assguard fails at the alphabet!

Or rather, at the alphabet too! :D

haha FINALLY someone notice :D

Taurusos
06-03-2009, 12:23 AM
brushaaan! kom så gör vi avenyyyn osäkert ;D

Bryyyyyyyshaaaan! Haha! Ska till Götet och skriva artikel i slutet av mars gubben! Hooka upp då! Ska jag visa dig vad jag skulle göra med dig om du wipade en raid! :D

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Bränna ner avenyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyn!

Bulldog
06-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Congrats!

DurnaugsElbow
05-07-2009, 03:01 AM
Bigratz!

I remember trying to get the 240 points I needed for exalted status during a WSG holiday w/e. Quel Nightmare.