View Full Version : Ear Force X4

Goonerr
05-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Im looking to get some top spec headphones for my xbox gaming and found these
http://limexb.netdirector.co.uk/product/Ear_Force_X4_Wireless_Headset_TBEFX4

i was wondering if anyone has exp using this make that could give some input on the quality of them?

Vegelus
05-02-2009, 08:29 PM
So - you want top spec or wireless? Those are two different things.

Goonerr
06-02-2009, 04:47 PM
So - you want top spec or wireless? Those are two different things.

well its considered the best headphones for the xbox, weather it be wireless or cable, so if that is the case i would call it top spec wireless.
But if you know better please post away, since i want a pair of really decent headphones for use on my Xbox with optical input,

Slicer
06-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Wireless weather? Oh noes!

Vegelus
06-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I'll say it in a different way then:
sound quality is on the other side of the world than wireless. Whatever all those producers say from time to time, just ask someone interested in hi-fi sound he will tell you the same thing, but with more details. So there is no point in using optical output for that kind of headphones.
Every type of normal, decent headphones ("PC" gaming ones for example if you really want 5.1 and a microphone) would be better, this one is just a gadget that allows you to reduce cables, nothing more imo.

Goonerr
07-02-2009, 02:13 PM
I'll say it in a different way then:
sound quality is on the other side of the world than wireless. Whatever all those producers say from time to time, just ask someone interested in hi-fi sound he will tell you the same thing, but with more details. So there is no point in using optical output for that kind of headphones.
Every type of normal, decent headphones ("PC" gaming ones for example if you really want 5.1 and a microphone) would be better, this one is just a gadget that allows you to reduce cables, nothing more imo.

but what about all the reviews? people saying that they are brilliant quality, doesnt that stand for anything or do you think those people are just misinformed and dont acctually know what "Brilliant Quality" acctually is?
I know what your saying and i really want decent headphones, im just going from what i have read on youtube and reviews, but what about these other headphones, can you tell me any really good headphones i can buy to use with the xbox??... i could use wire ones cuz the TV is only 6 ft away. :)

what about this USB headset with Optical Connection??
http://www.limexb360.co.uk/product/Tritton_AXPRO_Dolby_5.1_Headphones_For_Xbox360%7CP S3%7CPC_TAXPRO#

Flawless
07-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Look at most "reviews" people give, unless the product has a major fault and or is terribad, it will have 4 or 5 stars and be the BEST THING EVER.

Vegelus
09-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Sadly, I can't help you with this. I don't need "gaming 5.1" headphones, as I'm not CS pr0nerd that needs to hear everyone and their mother (and their locations). And I don't know too much about that kind of headphones.
I use them to listen to music, so I want stereo ones that match my sound source (that's important for low quality sources, like all mp3 players and consoles probably too, what's inside that xbox? some silly Sound Blaster? that isn't anything near good quality - Asus Xonar would be a lot better for example). So I'm interested in Sennheiser, AKG, Koss (for example) products.

All I can advice you is to go to some bigger shop where you can test them and do that - try some cheaper and some expensive and try to find any differences. Then take ones you liked. That's the only reliable way to buy headphones.

Harr
09-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Problem with those instore tests is that its too easy to manipulate the sound stream there. (e.g. bass is much higher than normally)

Vegelus
09-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Problem with those instore tests is that its too easy to manipulate the sound stream there. (e.g. bass is much higher than normally)
If you have some better mp3 player (some of iriviers for example) then you're good, as you might notice at least few differences.

Goonerr
10-02-2009, 05:41 PM
i bought these http://www.limexb360.co.uk/product/Tritton_AXPRO_Dolby_5.1_Headphones_For_Xbox360%7CP S3%7CPC_TAXPRO#

they come through today and they are optimized for Xbox360Live/PS3/PC and Home Cinema... i tested them on my music on PC and Hi-Fi and the sound quality is so amaizing, never heard msuic so good... ill try them on my xbox later.

Gumdrops
15-02-2009, 05:52 AM
You spent 150 on those?

dantheman
15-02-2009, 11:46 AM
wtf