View Full Version : feral dps scaling

Luhzren
02-02-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm somewhat concerned about feral dps scaling. When my guild first started doing Naxx10 I'll admit my feral druid was over the top and I was pretty much #1 on the damage meters at all times except heavy AoE trash. Back then our gear was mostly full lvl 80 dungeon blues and potentially a couple of epics from heroics aswell.

Here about 2 months later we're all full epic with mostly 4 or 5 pieces of valorous t7 for our main role. For me that's feral dps. I have most of my best in slot items (or close to it) for my primary role including Journey's End, 4 pieces valorous t7 and enchanting/gemming with strength, agi and AP. My issue is now that my dps is simply less exciting in comparison to these same people. I'm quite sure nothing has changed except gear. Don't get me wrong, swipe is a godsend for AoE trash in Naxx. This is mostly about single target boss dps.

It's not a massive issue right now, but I think as we start getting gear from Ulduar the issue might become very transparent.

My expectation is that we scale poorly in comparison to most other classes, but our point of origin is a tad higher which makes it only visible as gear gets a lot better. Has anyone else observed similar tendencies?

Cheers :-)

Luhzren
02-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Posted the same on Blizzard forums and already got some reassuring replies...

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=7840745504&postId=78397304276&sid=1#0

Muffy
02-02-2009, 11:12 AM
l2edit!

and i have no idea , sorry.

soulshift
02-02-2009, 11:49 AM
In all honesty, I didn't really notice as much of it in Naxx25/OS/EoE as I thought I would after 10man raids. I'm generally quite high in the damage meters when I'm DPSing (full spec and glyphs, ofcourse).

Only issue I have is when we bring several DKs for certain fights due to them being good dps quite easily and having a good chance to outdps us due to their DoTs and we have to keep up bleeds/savage roar for max DPS.
I'm not saying they should be nerfed though, just stating it's easier to dps as a DK.

I was also quite happy with the recent changes they added though the new swipe doesn't have the same punch as DK AoE, it's still nice. :P
It beats having to go bear for the spider wing just to do some decent damage on trash.

Luhzren
02-02-2009, 02:07 PM
It beats having to go bear for the spider wing just to do some decent damage on trash.

Amen

Saha
02-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Bear swipe>cat swipe.
Feral DPS always sucked, Blizzard always were aware of that. Keep your hopes high.

Luhzren
02-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Cat swipe crits for 6-7k on each target, I'd like to see bear swipe do that (900?). I know you have infinite rage and maul+swipe spam is quite good. Beyond the obvious threat issue I guess it might be worthwhile on long aoe fights. I'd definately want to see some math proving it before actually bear swiping for dps.

Saha
02-02-2009, 04:46 PM
If to be anal, feral aoe is cat swipe with tigers fury until out of energy then bear and bear swipe until full energy bar. However I can't fit in 3 talent points to tigers fury for proper feral spec, so overall cat swipe topic becomes moot for me. Why bother with cat when you can force everyone to stare at awesome bear arse?

soulshift
02-02-2009, 06:13 PM
The only issue I have with feral dps is the long rotations.
And we all know that the nelf kitty form beats any other form. :<

Finbar
02-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Why bother with cat when you can force everyone to stare at awesome bear arse?

I never even considered rolling a druid till I read this. You make a good case Saha.

Talsin
03-02-2009, 03:37 PM
If to be anal, feral aoe is cat swipe with tigers fury until out of energy then bear and bear swipe until full energy bar. However I can't fit in 3 talent points to tigers fury for proper feral spec, so overall cat swipe topic becomes moot for me. Why bother with cat when you can force everyone to stare at awesome bear arse?

If your not bothering with cat and cant find the points, what the heck are you doing with Predatory instincts then?

Saha
04-02-2009, 04:06 AM
Dailies+occasional dps role in raid (like 1-2 boss fights a month)=P

Talsin
04-02-2009, 10:08 AM
king of the jungle is a lot more kitty points vs PI even for that, plus the 15% in bear on enrage actually is very nice for tps lead dashes (or keeping up 2nd)

Saha
04-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Considering doing dailies is usually "grind x amount of that", I prefer mindlessly mashing my mangle button with SR up. Why bother with Tigers if mobs die before you run out of energy;)
Considering TPS, I've not had any problems with that except tanking Sarth in FR gear (hello 0 hit raiting and lvl 70 gear). For bursts Zerker is more than enough.

Saha
06-02-2009, 08:08 AM
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/2/7912981822-upcoming-druid-changes-in-310.html

Wonder what's the hidden cooldown on Savage Defense. Sounds slightly op.

Ohh fuck me, somehow missed : Survival of the Fittest has had its bonus armor reduced to compensate for the above increase in damage mitigation.

"hey lets give druids some randomness in their mitigation". =/

Ashborn
06-02-2009, 04:41 PM
"hey lets give druids some randomness in their mitigation". =/
Join the club!

Frazoma
08-02-2009, 05:44 PM
We lub Feral Droods!

Saha
24-02-2009, 08:30 AM
New Talent: Primal Gore: Grants the periodic damage from your Rake, Lacerate and Rip abilities the ability to critically hit.

Proper way to scale raid dps finally, without influencing arenas too much.

Talsin
24-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Savage Roar changed to increase physical damage done by 30%. (Previously increased attack power by 40%)

also a decent buff in percentages, but :
Survival of the Fittest (Tier 6) now increases your armor contribution from cloth and leather items in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by 11/22/33%. (Previously 22/44/66%)
ouch

Saha
24-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Well, that's to counter that new shield mechanics. I didn't expect that big hit to armor though.

Glyph of Savage Roar *new* -- Your Savage Roar ability grants an additional 6% bonus damage done.

Hmm, it really seems like druids will become semi decent DPS.