View Full Version : Eve Online

Furion
01-02-2009, 09:53 PM
So, any experienced EvE players around?

Tried a Trial account and the game quickly sucked me in, it's also more suitable for my new gaming times. I'm still a rookie though, ;P

Anyway, the gameplay is...... how to put it? Kind of, well, complicated, but I think I'm beginning to grasp a few of the basics now, like how the market works(Boo at 1 ISK Buyers!) and a bit on how to optimize my turrets on my new Destroyer.

Been flying around and doing some missions for the last two days and have gotten nearly 8 million ISK, I'm also planning to focus on exploration as a career, with probing and such. Saw a tutorial on it and it looked really appealing.

Anyway, if any EvE-veteran could give a few tips or tricks It would be greatly apreciated, also to anyone who is interested, give it a go, it's a truly unique experience.

(Szaria, Gallente engineer. Furion was taken I think >_>)

PS. I haven't dared venture lower then 0.6 sec zones yet, still looking for a suitable Corp as well.

Nivellen
01-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Well, there's one advice most EVE players will give you: if you can't afford a replacement, don't fly that ship.

Now that you're a young pod pilot - I would actually recommend that you visit low-sec and 0.0 systems. You will get vaporized, sure - but it'll cost you nothing and will be an educational experience. (Do some research first on how gate camps work, etc, though).

Fastest way to learn would be to join a PvP oriented corporation/alliance. I recommend Agony Unleashed simply because I've flown with 'em once and it was an enlightening experience. You probably won't be able to join them if you're a complete noob. But they run PvP training courses for anyone - such as the PVP-BASIC class <- read about it, fulfill the requirements and sign up.
Their site: http://www.agony-unleashed.com

Oh, and another tip: learn to love and use the galaxy map. It's a priceless intel tool. It will show you where the most dangerous systems are, the pirate-infested systems, the gate camps, all that jazz. Just check out all it's options.

Furion
01-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Well, there's one advice most EVE players will give you: if you can't afford a replacement, don't fly that ship.

Aye, I notice people are saying that pretty much everywhere EvE is discussed, but I'm not completely sure on how Clones work yet. I upgraded my clone to Gamma, but do I need to keep it updated for each time I finish learning a new skill, or does it automaticly respawn if I'm spawnkilled with my skills at that time? Oh, and how often do people actually pod-kill others?

Nivellen
01-02-2009, 11:14 PM
I upgraded my clone to Gamma, but do I need to keep it updated for each time I finish learning a new skill, or does it automaticly respawn if I'm spawnkilled with my skills at that time?
Every clone type holds a certain amount of skill points (SP). So if you've got 2 million SP, you want a clone that holds 3 mil SP or more. If you're about to exceed your clone in terms of SP, you should upgrade your clone.

If you get podded (your ship gets destroyed, then your pod gets destroyed) and you've got more SP than your clone can hold - you will lose SP. That's why it's absolutely critical to have an updated clone. If you get podded (and you will be!), you need to buy a clone contract again. What stops you from buying the *best* type of clone? Simply costs a ton of ISK.

Oh, and how often do people actually pod-kill others?
In 0.1-1.0 systems podding a player causes you to lose security rating (in 0.5-1.0 it can happen too, but it's rare). Since pirates usually don't care about their security rating, they'll always try to pod you. In 0.0 pod-killing has no consequences - expect that players will always want to pod you (although if you're in a fleet fight, chances are nobody will care about your pod, as they'll be busy with other ships - not a weaponless/defenceless pod).

Pods have one single advantage over any other ship, almost non-existent align-time. If you jump between systems, you'll notice that if you're in a big ship - it will take x amount of seconds for it to align and and enter warp (for example: 10-30 seconds for a battleship). A pod is like 0-1 seconds, nobody can catch you. In other words, the align time is the time it takes your ship to enter warp from the moment it's sitting motionless at 0 velocity.

(Oh yeah, lemme just mention - you can get caught in a warp bubble - a player deployed device which prohibits anyone inside of it from warping. You can either try to float back to the jump-gate and jump (if there is one) or float out of the bubble.)

However, when your ship gets blown up - it's very much possible for a hostile to lock, point and shred your pod - due to lag. The way around it, is to have an overview setting labeled something like "0 - pod saver" (0, so that it's first on list). The overview should have only moons on it. If you know your ship is about to explode (it's in structure and you can't warp away) switch to your podSaving overview, select a random moon and start spamming warp-to on it until you enter warp. This usually means a near instantaneous get-away.
Why to a moon? Because moons usually have POSe (player owned structures) - in 0.0 a POS will shred any enemy ship that warps to it. Any pilot with the ambition of disposing your pod will think twice before following you (or he'll simply scan the moon for POS presence, but this takes time - and time's on your side).

This leads me to my next tip - learn to use the on-board ship scanner. I cba to write about it, just find a guide somewhere on the internets.

Anyway, the best way to learn *all* this crap - do it in practice in a corp, preferably with someone assisting you through vent/whatever.

Forgive me for this wall of text.

Nivellen
01-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Oh yeah, isn't Insanity of Fate a Polish guild? Moglibysmy mowic po Polsku. (8

Flawless
01-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Eve must be the must be the most indepth MMO I've always wanted to get into but never could. Played the trial and it was just so fucking huge I got lost.

Nivellen
01-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Eve must be the must be the most indepth MMO I've always wanted to get into but never could. Played the trial and it was just so fucking huge I got lost.
Yeah, it takes a couple months to really understand it's universe and be able to appreciate it's beauty (the in-game history and politics, the single-shard policy).

Personally, I played EVE back in 2003 - but I hated it back then, just too complicated. Tried it again in 2007 and stuck to it. I've quit a couple months ago - don't have the time; plus the slowness of the game started to annoy/bore me.

It's a great game though.. and any self-respecting gamer should try it out for a couple months.

Furion
01-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Thanks for all the tips, I think I'm beginning to understand cloning a bit more now. ;)

Oh yeah, isn't Insanity of Fate a Polish guild? Moglibysmy mowic po Polsku. (8

Oh, I think it was Polish at some point, but it has been more or less multi national for the last few years when I've been there. :) (No longer playing btw.)

Furion
01-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Yeah, it takes a couple months to really understand it's universe and be able to appreciate it's beauty (the in-game history and politics, the single-shard policy).

Personally, I played EVE back in 2003 - but I hated it back then, just too complicated. Tried it again in 2007 and stuck to it. I've quit a couple months ago - don't have the time; plus the slowness of the game started to annoy/bore me.

It's a great game though.. and any self-respecting gamer should try it out for a couple months.

Aye, I tried the Trial and after one and a half hour I thought "Fuck it, I'm never going to get into this!" and logged off. Then, three days later I logged on again and continued with the tutorial missions and noticed how great the game actually is built. if you get over the first initial shock it's actually awesome, just remember to start training a skill asap, took me 4 hours to find out how. X_x

Vegelus
02-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Thanks for all the tips, I think I'm beginning to understand cloning a bit more now. ;)

Oh, I think it was Polish at some point, but it has been more or less multi national for the last few years when I've been there. :) (No longer playing btw.)

It started from (mostly) Polish players iirc (and there are some still). Na serwie masz teraz chyba ze 3 polskie gildie (większe niż 2-3 graczy), a czego tylko jedna jest hordowa.

@Eve:
Remember - don't use autopilot for gate jumping. It's too slow.

Alverion
02-02-2009, 12:54 AM
The best thing about Eve these days is that you can basically play it for free if you can pony up the ISK needed to get buy a gametime card every 60 days : b

Talsin
02-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Eve, the best looking and complicated screensaver in the world.

Havent played it for a while, since the last changes, but in the end the pace of the game just really gets to you. then again i might dust off my old scorps and ravens and gank some people.

Naughtyraven
02-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Eve, the best looking and complicated screensaver in the world.

Most people that I know that still plays it is kind of running it 24/7. And they love it sooooo much.

It takes up too much time imo.
And if you want some real action from the game you kind of need to have 2 accounts, on on farming all the time to be able to support the other. And it will take you about a year or so of training before you are able to play the really cool ships.

elog
02-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I really like EvE even though I always try to restrain myself from getting sucked in as casual play is not really rewarded (and casual time is what I have). You got to love the Escapist's review of it though:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/208-Eve-Online

Naughtyraven
02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
I really like EvE even though I always try to restrain myself from getting sucked in as casual play is not really rewarded (and casual time is what I have). You got to love the Escapist's review of it though:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/208-Eve-Online

haha, that was a nice review of it, hadn't seen it before. :D

Über
02-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Ah, Eve Online.. Definitely one of the most interesting games I've ever played.

Servelan
02-02-2009, 03:51 PM
I never really managed to get into EvE. There's just too much of a gap between people who had played for a while and people who have only just started. They're always ahead of you, and due to that it creates an inbalance. I guess it's the same for a lot of games, but when you're in a little ship and suddenly you get killed by someone in a ship 10 times the size of yours, you're a bit like ...eh? o.O

Goonerr
02-02-2009, 07:04 PM
I never really managed to get into EvE. There's just too much of a gap between people who had played for a while and people who have only just started. They're always ahead of you, and due to that it creates an inbalance. I guess it's the same for a lot of games, but when you're in a little ship and suddenly you get killed by someone in a ship 10 times the size of yours, you're a bit like ...eh? o.O

it doesnt quite work that way, sure... if your in a pod or a noob ship then ull get owned, but ive owned quite alot of vet pilots with millions more SP than me just using a Cruiser, which doesnt take long to train for, and they are flying a kitted out BS worth millions of isk... because they have long optimal range and slow weapons, all you have to do is be in a fast cruiser with a web and scram and just orbit at 10km... there weapons cant kill u and slowly ur taking them down... just watch out though because they could have friendlys in the next system who will come and gank ur ass.

Gumdrops
02-02-2009, 09:34 PM
it doesnt quite work that way, sure... if your in a pod or a noob ship then ull get owned, but ive owned quite alot of vet pilots with millions more SP than me just using a Cruiser, which doesnt take long to train for, and they are flying a kitted out BS worth millions of isk... because they have long optimal range and slow weapons, all you have to do is be in a fast cruiser with a web and scram and just orbit at 10km... there weapons cant kill u and slowly ur taking them down... just watch out though because they could have friendlys in the next system who will come and gank ur ass.

That makes absolutely zero sense to people just starting out in EVE.

Über
03-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Nah, I wouldn't say so. People who have never heard about EVE are left only wandering about few things, the relative value of millions of SPs & millions of isk. And surely some things mentioned, like web & scram for example, won't be fully & completely understood but as long as people who are reading these posts here have half a brain, they'll get the picture.

And if things should still require further explaining, google is their friend (since it would be a really, really bad idea trying to fully explain the fight mechanics of EVE on a WoW forum). :P

Goonerr
03-02-2009, 05:21 PM
well in a nutshell.. if your new to eve, you should aim to firsty spend a few weeks training your "training" skills... these will make your overall training alot less time consuming, for example, instead of battleship lvl 1 being 6 days it will only be 3.5 or 4 with your training skills done

so. Step 1: Train your Training skills FIRST, but only train the ones you need, for example the skill that + your mission skills is called Charisma, for Mission and Social interaction... if your going to be a PVP whore then u want to train WillPower and Perception first.. i think i cant remember its been a while... you can allways check by looking at the required skills to fly a Cruiser... then look at the information for THOSE skills... (Cruiser Ship) skill and see what training attribute effects the training time of that skill.

once u did all that u need to decide which faction ur gonna choose. i have a 60mill SP caldari char which is pimped in Amarr ships because i like pew pew lasers, (Caldari ships are known to be easy mode for pvp as you dont rely on Optimal Range/Falloff as much as u do on amarr ships.

Nivellen
03-02-2009, 06:33 PM
There's just too much of a gap between people who had played for a while and people who have only just started. They're always ahead of you, and due to that it creates an inbalance.

This is a common misconception in EVE.. or at least that's what the veteran players want us to believe.

A player that started out in 2003 will have anywhere around 50-100+ million skill points, but the spectrum of available skills which affect your current piloted ship is only this wide. In other words, in order to have perfect flying skills for a certain ship, you need (for example) 15 million SP (note: this is an arbitrary number, I haven't counted this). Any more SP won't affect your ship, simply because all skills affecting your ship will be maxed; any more SP you own will affect your other abilities, such as mining, or some other ship type.

The undeniable advantage of older players is that they're able to properly fly a wider range of ships. That's it. (Oh... and since they've had more time, they probably nailed down some good money making method which you won't even get the occasion to dream about. In EVE victories and defeats are all about economy; either the enemy is able to build one more POS or buy one more ship, or he's not.. )

I guess it's the same for a lot of games, but when you're in a little ship and suddenly you get killed by someone in a ship 10 times the size of yours, you're a bit like ...eh? o.O

New players have only one choice, if they want to compete - specialize. They gotta choose one role and stick to it. If they do that, they'll reach a veteran skill-wise.

Most importantly - it's not player SP that kills other players - it's teamwork. If you've got better teamwork you'll obliterate a lot of "vet" players.

In the last corp I've been in - I've heard that the magical "I'm able to compete in PvP" milestone lies at around 20 million character SP, which translates to 1 year and a few months of constant skill training.

elog
03-02-2009, 06:59 PM
This is a common misconception in EVE.. or at least that's what the veteran players want us to believe.

In the last corp I've been in - I've heard that the magical "I'm able to compete in PvP" milestone lies at around 20 million character SP, which translates to 1 year and a few months of constant skill training.

Just to be honest - on one hand your opening sentence is correct. On the other hand your last is correct also. And for most people 1yr+ to be able to compete on equal terms is a long time if your question is 'What should I play before the summer now when I am a bit bored with WoW?'.

However, I have always felt that the basic problem with EvE is the fact that it is one universe (which is also a strength obviously). The time investment required to make it to the fun parts of the social structure is very excluding due the amount. And since the PvE part frankly sucks becoming part of the social environment is key to have fun.

Goonerr
03-02-2009, 09:01 PM
I think too many people who are new to eve think that flying a dreadnaught, titan or battleship is the only fun part of the game.... let me tell you this...

i didnt have so much fun before PVPing in Frigates or Interceptors... for the simple fact is they are cheap so u can get them and equip them quickly... u can get into one within a few days (Frigate) that is, Intys take a
bit longer... and u can have alot of fun doing PVP... and ur NEVER primary target...

flying a Battleship isnt allways good... because ur more than likely gonna be called Primary which means unless u got a good tank ur gonna go pop in a few seconds and lose over 100 million in Cash!

Nivellen
03-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Just to be honest - on one hand your opening sentence is correct. On the other hand your last is correct also. And for most people 1yr+ to be able to compete on equal terms is a long time if your question is 'What should I play before the summer now when I am a bit bored with WoW?'.

I guess I'm being kind of ambivalent. Veteran players don't want their game to die out, so it's in their interest that new players (fresh meat) keep joining the game. Some new players will always whine about unfairness, etc. It's an endless.. fight or whatever you want to call it:

Vets: ned fresh meat to kill
noobs: fuckin pk'ers/lamers/griefers/cowards/etc, this game's not fair
vets: sure it is, we worked for our lewts, why should you get it free?
noobs: but we're never gonna get lewts cuz ur ahead of us
vets: well no shit sherlock; but use your brain, you can compete if you do this and that
noobs: yeah right

But yeah, EVE isn't a short-term game. You won't get much out of it within 1 or 2 months. Although I may be going too far with this statement, it really depends on your play style.

However, I have always felt that the basic problem with EvE is the fact that it is one universe (which is also a strength obviously). The time investment required to make it to the fun parts of the social structure is very excluding due the amount. And since the PvE part frankly sucks becoming part of the social environment is key to have fun.
Depends what you consider fun. If you'd like to enter high-end EVE politics, where you can really have an effect on some part of the universe. Well it'll take time and dedication.. and you may fail and give up along the way.

Goonerr
03-02-2009, 09:23 PM
But yeah, EVE isn't a short-term game. You won't get much out of it within 1 or 2 months. Although I may be going too far with this statement, it really depends on your play style.

True, but like you said it depends what you plan on doin, if u wanna be a titan pilot then ur talking atleast a years worth of training or more, firstly to be able to fly it, then all the skills to be effective in it (weapons) etc... and not to forget, the work of 100's of players to acctually buy the components to build one, and then 4 months to build it.. or 6, i cant remeber now

but u can be a master of Frigate PVP within a month or 2

elog
03-02-2009, 09:29 PM
but u can be a master of Frigate PVP within a month or 2

Agree. This is the route I took myself (since there is something I really like with EvE - it really feels like the last frontier). Having said that, there is a reason why most new people that join the fray end up in Pirate fleets - because that is how you can get into the fun fast without having to invest too much time working in the kitchen of an established 0 sec corp slowly becoming one of them (and have enough SP to actually help out).

Alia
04-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Glade to see some other Eve players here :P

Been playing EvE since 2003 with some little breaks here and there, EvE is fun if u are able to survive the trial as it can really be a turn off. To many info to be thrown at u on your first hours in eve.

Here few tips for u
1-Download Eve Fitting Tool( EFT for short ) (http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=548883)
This program help u in fitting your ships and give u ship stats after u finish the fittings and estimate cost for the ship + fittings.

2-Download EvEMon (http://evemon.battleclinic.com/)
This program help u keep track of your skills, build a training plan and recommand skills to shorten the training period.

3-Always keep track of your clone grade and your SP amount, if u got more SP then what your clone can hold and u died then u'll have to untrained skills.

4-Never insure any t2 ships as the refound is way less then actual price of the ship.

5-Join a corp, u'll have more fun then playing solo. Just make sure that it's base around your time zone( u don't want to endup with a USTZ corp while u are on EUTZ :P )

6-For pvp always start small and move up.
Start with frigate then work on fitting it with t2 mods/weapons, now u can either learn to fly Assult Frigate or cruiser.

I kept playing with Assult frigates( AF ) until I got very comfortable with them and moved up to cruiser then Heavy Assult Cruiser( HAC ).

7-In EvE the sky is your limits, meaning u can do anything and be anything u want. Miner, Mission runner, trader, explorer, industrial, pirate or pirate hunter....etc

You can always change which path u follow.

Alia
04-02-2009, 08:25 AM
oh and the only Szaria I see is a Amarrian not Gallente :P

Furion
04-02-2009, 05:30 PM
oh and the only Szaria I see is a Amarrian not Gallente :P

Wopsie, my bad, it's Szarina :P

Goonerr
04-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Also, dont forget, soon in a MAJOR expansion will see being able to walk around in Space Station, (Ambulation) like FPS style which CCP have been working on since 2005 (at least)

Heres some Info..

"we are working on a system to render and animate full-body characters within EVE. The system will be used to represent your character in-station and other locations where a capsuleer ( pod pilot ) would crawl out of his pod, take a quick shower, throw some clothes on and mingle with other capsuleers. "

Jita station anyone?? Mass punch up lol

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l_ZjVyRxx4&feature=related

Caldari Station
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/caldari-walkinginstation_sm.jpg

Minmatar Station
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/minmatar-instation_sm.jpg

Real Time Character Render
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/realtimeCharCrop.jpg

InGame Screenshots!
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/ss_preview_WiS_screen_02_jpg.jpg
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/ss_preview_WiS_screen_03_jpg.jpg
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/ss_preview_WiS_screen_05_jpg.jpg
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/ss_preview_WiS_screen_07_jpg.jpg
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/ss_preview_WiS_screen_11_jpg.jpg
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/ss_preview_WiS_screen_13_jpg.jpg
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/ss_preview_WiS_screen_15_jpg.jpg
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/ss_preview_WiS_screen_16_jpg.jpg
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/ss_preview_WiS_screen_17_jpg.jpg
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/ss_preview_WiS_screen_22_jpg.jpg
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/ss_preview_WiS_screen_27_jpg.jpg
http://www.eu-otd.net/eveo/ss_preview_WiS_screen_28_jpg.jpg

Servelan
04-02-2009, 08:16 PM
When i heard of this expansion, it's been making me want to go back to EVE. I always felt that it was missing an area, lacking details inside the stations. I played a game before WoW, called Earth and Beyond, and in that game you docked stations and you were able to walk around, explore, sell stuff inside and generally have a seperate view of your interface as opposed to constantly staring at a ship. EVE was lacking in that aspect, even if it excelled in the detail outside the stations. I think i may try it again when this expansion is released.

Naughtyraven
05-02-2009, 09:25 AM
They have been talking about this expansion for like a year now atleast, will it ever happen?

Goonerr
05-02-2009, 05:18 PM
They have been talking about this expansion for like a year now atleast, will it ever happen?

since i can remember they have been working on it since 2005... dont forget this is gonna be like a whole new game inside of a game, this isnt a few ships added this is a totally new thing... and its comming sometime this year 2009

Fnurgle
05-02-2009, 08:03 PM
I was about to ask what the point was of walking around in the space stations in Eve. Until I saw the pictures of that girl in red. It's all clear to me now.

iTank
05-02-2009, 09:28 PM
http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=57098

So here we go:

http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/verite/20090204.png

iTank
05-02-2009, 09:29 PM
-->

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/20090205SE.png

I'd call that epic.

Thordyn
05-02-2009, 09:53 PM
I was about to ask what the point was of walking around in the space stations in Eve. Until I saw the pictures of that girl in red. It's all clear to me now.
Games Awards will have to add a new "Shiniest Buttocks Award".

iTank
06-02-2009, 11:55 AM
http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=991219

:D

Thordyn
06-02-2009, 02:15 PM
This sort of thing is what makes EVE so amazing.
Literally more than 2000 players affected by the decisions of one. Awesome.

Vegelus
30-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Literally more than 2000 players affected by the decisions of one. Awesome.
/necro on

And there appears to be an advertisement about that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08hmqyejCYU&feature=player_embedded

/necro off

Goonerr
03-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Literally more than 40,000 (online at any given time) players affected by the decisions of one. Awesome.

fixed :P

Vegelus
26-08-2009, 01:24 PM
News from EvE world:

6QBH-S, Stain- The Systematic-Chaos alliance and allies destroyed a BURN EDEN titan on Sunday night. Twenty-eight capitals were also lost in the engagement.

According to several reports, [SYS-K] fleet commanders anticipated that two titans belonging to BURN EDEN would attempt to ambush their fleet as they jumped into the 6QBH-S solar system. Two doomsdays were fired on the inbound stargate but only caught eight vessels. [SYS-K] managed to tackle Syrian’s titan once heavy interdictors arrived at the gate. The second titan piloted by Trinitrous managed to escape.

The Systematic-Chaos fleet engaged the tackled titan while calling for reinforcements from the C0VEN alliance, THE KLINGONS [KLING] alliance and the Legiunea ROmana [ROMAN] alliance. These three alliances added approximately 140 pilots to the 120 [SYS-K] had in system already, giving them a large numerical advantage over their opponents.

BURN EDEN received reinforcements from a BricK sQuAD [BR1CK] capital fleet. BR1CK’s carriers tried to repair the Erebus piloted by Syrian, but the thirteen carriers and thirteen dreadnoughts they brought with them could not prevent the destruction of the Erebus. The battle continued after the titan destruction as news about the ongoing capital fight spread around the Stain region.

The final numbers indicate that [SYS-K] and their allies destroyed a total of ten carriers, thirteen dreadnoughts and one titan. [BR1CK] and BURN EDEN managed to kill three dreadnoughts and two carriers.

Jurgan
26-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Hrm yes always fun to read news of such engagements. Especially when you consider how much "ISK" those ships cost.

I wonder if they been able to calculate how much real world money it was.

Goonerr
26-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Hrm yes always fun to read news of such engagements. Especially when you consider how much "ISK" those ships cost.

I wonder if they been able to calculate how much real world money it was.

10 billion isk = $450(£277) (average price)

Fully Fitted titan with weapons, atleast 100 Billion

that works out at around $4,500 or £2,770

Über
26-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I love reading about EvE, even though it makes me miss it. ;_;

Goonerr
26-08-2009, 06:53 PM
I love reading about EvE, even though it makes me miss it. ;_;

Play it, damn you!!, i want to play it but im bored of lasers, because although im Caldari i have trained in Amarr, but i fancy easy mode for a change so im training Caldari missiles and BS as we speak.

Jurgan
28-08-2009, 04:44 PM
When I was playing EvE, I went for the Minmatar race. Artillery Cannonz ftw. And the fact their vehicles look "Mean."

Bunneh
29-08-2009, 09:35 AM
I tried it 3 times and just could not get into it. Yes it looks fantastic but the combat wasn't suited to me, prefer something a lot more twitch based. Jumpgate Evo looks awesome, but Net Devil keep pushing the release date back so kinda lost interest.

Goonerr
29-08-2009, 12:17 PM
I remember when i first tried eve i thought the point and click system truly sucked but after persisting with it, eventually i got use to it, joined a big corp, got involved with fleet PVP and it gets suprisingly addictive, eve is the only game EVER that has kept me playing untill 4 AM in the morning on several occasions.

Arthran
29-08-2009, 01:36 PM
I remember when i first tried eve i thought the point and click system truly sucked but after persisting with it, eventually i got use to it, joined a big corp, got involved with fleet PVP and it gets suprisingly addictive, eve is the only game EVER that has kept me playing untill 4 AM in the morning on several occasions.

in a 0.0 alliance?

us miners in 0.6 get a nice quiet life :P

Goonerr
29-08-2009, 02:04 PM
yea, i used to be in Shinra which was part of the Curse alliance back when it was Curse v Stain, GOOD TIMES!!, i was only in Shinra for a short while and then i joined Black Reign and met one of the best FC's in my Eve Life, i dont usually grief miners unless its part of an enemy miner sweep operation, were we go around in a gang of about 20 ships clearing out enemy miners, all this was done while in 0.0, i only ever kill anyone in 0.0 unless its a WT then its free prey