View Full Version : Soloing stuff

Angwold
31-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Not to brag or anything, but i am quite proud of that i actually managed to pull through and not give up when it seemed impossible at the start :)

I started to get interested of this old stuff soloing, so i decided to look into it.

Onyxia was the target, a dear old enemy from several years back.

It was said on different forums to be fairly easy as a shadow priest, but it was not. Not as of patch "whatever" 30 jan 2009.
Some ber intence whelp spawning, and an incredibly annoying knockback all the time.

I had about 7-8 goes at it. One should not count as i got too brave and decided to pull all whelps at once to get rid of them once and for all. That failed preeetty bad :)

Hinesight is always 20-20, but after the first tries i should have realised what was needed, but i am a stubborn S.O.B.
After switching in alot of mp5 gear, using regen food and a regen flask i was able to do it.

Its alot about timing and anticipating when the bitch will interupt your casts.
And whelps. Lots of them. One is harmless, a few annoying, many lethal! :)

I invested an hour+ or so into this, and it was really fun when she was laying dead at my feets and i could pry the loot from her cold dead claws.

What was really dissapointing though is that they nerfed the glodz alot, i only got about 58 golds.

So its not only imba overpowered DKs that can do fun stuff :)

/Ang

Kinshara
02-02-2009, 09:18 AM
I think rogues are the only class that hasn't managed to solo Onyxia at this point; they may tear things up in pvp, but they don't have enough self heal/mitigation options for solo pve against old world bosses.

Still, grats.

Servelan
02-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Grats :)

Gwynin
03-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Well done Ang :)

Vegelus
03-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Rats Ang. :)

Alia
04-02-2009, 08:29 AM