View Full Version : gz on being months behind

Legendfierce
26-01-2009, 08:32 AM
http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/21682-Blizzard_We_think_PvP_is_too_bursty

Well it's took them a while to realise it but yes they maybe looking into changing the way arena/pvp is just about using the most OP combo with competition of seing who can use the most cooldowns before they get stunlocked and die in 3 seconds.

Disscusssss

Kinshara
26-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Tricky thing to balance with today's numbers... It is too bursty damage-wise right now, but if they nerf damage too much (by straight nerf, or resilience buff, whatever...) then healing might well become too powerful. (20K+ holy light crits in pvp gear... eep.)

Hopefully there's a happy medium between getting gibbed in 5 seconds and matches lasting 30 mins, but finding it (and not putting too much emphasis on a team having umpteen interrupts/lockouts/silences/CCs/drains to stop healers) will be hard.

(I'm tempted to suggest the entire game engine needs a redesign to make it really good for pvp, but that's extremely unlikely)

Adharc
26-01-2009, 01:36 PM
I haven't been able to kill anyone in a stunlock since the 3rd/4th week of Wrath, except rogues and shieldless priests, both without any sort of cooldowns.

But yeah, they've admitted this for a few weeks now, and I hope they fix it a bit. My suggestion would be to lower the resilience cap to 800-850, that should be plenty enough.

Über
26-01-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm tempted to suggest the entire game engine needs a redesign to make it really good for pvp, but that's extremely unlikely

Well, there's no harm in wishing.

Regicide
26-01-2009, 08:26 PM
There are some cds that are ok in pve, but can be OP in pvp - how about adding nerfs to particular cooldowns, spells and abilities, but only in arena. That way, it won't affect the spells in the much loved pve side of the game, but it will lower the amount of 5k per second spells I see coming from certain classes in arena.

Senex
01-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Just make all damage and healing subject to diminishing returns. :P