View Full Version : PvP as fury.

Iyachtu
10-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Anyone of ye tried it yet?
Bought me a few pieces of the savage gladiator set and picked up a pvp'ish fury build, and then hit the bg's.
It is actaully abit of fun to play pvp again, sure you still get /facerolled by retri-palas and dk's alot, but you can actually kill people again, so that's always something..

Flawless
11-01-2009, 01:28 AM
meh I tried it (Bg's only mind) and thought it was still nothing compared to what arms is in pvp.

Iyachtu
11-01-2009, 06:43 AM
Well, i like it.

Chonar
12-01-2009, 12:11 PM
It's mighty fine fun. A 100 times moreso when you got the -healing debuff from the fury tree and a healer on your side, but that last bit counts for everyone anytime anyway.

aNiMaL
12-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Doing some PvP in my PvE build is great fun already,
I can only imagine more fun with a Fury PvP dedicated build.

Have to admit it was a pain before some resi gear,
but you got that covered.

Iyachtu
12-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Nothing beats having a full rage bar and blowing your cooldowns onto some unsuspecting clothies face.

Aggression
13-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Tried fury on beta in PvP, and I'm still angry they did not fix Heroic Leap. :( Was so fun to use, and could been used in many tactical ways in arenas. Hope they fix it some day....or at lvl 90 and next expansion. :D

Iyachtu
14-01-2009, 08:11 AM
I never played Beta, what is "Heroic Leap" and what does it do?
Is it simmilar to the Barbarian abillity in Diablo II ?
Anyway, seems unlikely they would give us such a thing, Blizzard seems to be very satisfied with the way warrior works in pvp.

Sure, fury works better than arms atm which is wierd to say the least but hey, im liking it so who cares right? But, the real issue is the same as it has been since vanilla wow, were too "kiteable", and unless you pvp as prot, that isnt going to change..

Flawless
14-01-2009, 04:15 PM
it was a jump + stun, with an aoe targetting rather than single targettting

Iyachtu
15-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Ah, well i can see why they "couldnt" make it work, giving any form of CC to a warrior, that just isnt going to happen!

Legendfierce
19-01-2009, 07:56 PM
From what ive seen fury warriors in arena are shit hot at last they don't seem pointless to have in your team.

Chou
21-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Well, its nice aye, but the problem is that you get owned quite easily by some classes

i would say it works great with a pala heal in a 2v2 bracket, but you have to forget double dps combo

in 3v3 i seem to only meet unholy DK and ret boys, and i get about instant killed, while in def stance and shield equipped. ( go 5/5 blue 80 stuff, and complete off set ) so its not a resi problem >.>

so far i top went up to 1630, with about 30 40 games

but i must admit, when your healer is focused : trinket + death wish + recklessness = boom

Legendfierce
24-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Well, its nice aye, but the problem is that you get owned quite easily by some classes

I think every class has it's problems with this tbh. Alot more than in TBC aswell try being a elemental /enh shaman and see how long u last ^^

Theory
24-01-2009, 02:40 PM
I think every class has it's problems with this tbh. Alot more than in TBC aswell try being a elemental /enh shaman and see how long u last ^^

@legendfierce Kerba says: FU when are we gonna play arenas againz?

Aggression
27-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Ah, well i can see why they "couldnt" make it work, giving any form of CC to a warrior, that just isnt going to happen!

Fleeing classes was easy to get with Heroic Leap. If they get oor from Charge/Intercept then it was only to HL and then charge. But if you were lucky the stun from HL got them instead so no need to use CD of Charge/Intercept.

Heroic Leap was taken out because alot issues. Blizzard excuse was that they had to reprogram all landscape to get rid of the "falling through" ground bug, or the bug that made Heroic Leap to sometimes jump to places nowhere near what you aimed for.

But I still have my hopes, hehe. I could jump over ships with it. So if anyone tried to go LoS from me, then jump over it and then charge. ;)

Panzera
30-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Heroic Leap was probably the most fun ability I've had on my warrior in a long time.