View Full Version : Very odd

Fitzchivalry
30-12-2008, 04:43 AM
I started wow again I guess 3-4 nights ago first few days were perfectly fine. Suddenly I seem to be getting lag spikes I have avast, comodo and spybot double scanned my pc with the three of them and nothing has came up. Not sure what is causeing this. currently my BW seems about 50% of what it should be and cpu about the same, am I missing something?...

Llort
30-12-2008, 08:35 AM
But those lag spikes, are those random or at certain intervals.

Also does it somewhat lockup your computer or is it really just lagging your internetz.

You can try to see if it is your internetz by typing this om command prompt (cmd/dos thing)
ping www.google.com -t

This will continue to ping google untill you hit ctr+c or close the command prompt.

Fitzchivalry
30-12-2008, 10:18 PM
When I'm in wow everything seems to skip/jump slightly done a ping results and basic comp spec are below. Out of wow even youtube videos take along tie to buff now.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/kendris/basicspec.jpg
Comp sepc

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/kendris/ping.jpg
ping

Kryptonix
31-12-2008, 03:19 PM
It's definitely something non-internet related, as your ping times to Google are fine.

Have there been any soft/hardware changes to your computer lately? Are your AV programs scanning your computer continuously every time you boot up? What programs are hogging your CPU cycles in the Windows Task Manager? (sort the column by CPU % useage)

Fitzchivalry
03-01-2009, 02:01 AM
My AV is also on the only thing I have added within the last week is wow and a few addons.
Full tree is below...also it took me about 5-10 minutes to finaly get to this thread.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/kendris/tree.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/kendris/tree2.jpg

Harudath
03-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Is it just WoW or all your games? If so you might want to try reinstalling or updating your graphics card driver.

Fitzchivalry
03-01-2009, 02:32 AM
Everything, also I updated all my drivers about 2 weeks ago when I formatted.

Harudath
03-01-2009, 02:33 AM
Do you have more than one HDD installed? When I installed a new HDD I had problems with my drivers not knowing where the hell they were. Try reinstalling them anyway- has happened to me before.

Fitzchivalry
03-01-2009, 03:54 AM
Will give it ago, thanks.

Haplo
06-01-2009, 08:42 AM
1st of all... Install xp sp3. Get your pc up to date.
2nd. In your task manager make sure to click "Show Processes from all users" on.
3rd. Even with this off i see alot of exe's running on your pc. Try to find out what they do and dont start them if you dont need them. (click start->run and type msconfig, on the startup-tab you can deselect stuff so they wont startup when you boot).
4th. Get some more RAM. 1,5 gb isnt all that anymore. Its cheap nowadays, better upgrade it to 3 or 4.

Good luck

Kryptonix
06-01-2009, 09:56 AM
1st of all... Install xp sp3.

True.... however it killed my Pent III when I installed SP3. I had to boot in Safe Mode to remove two further updates it installed after SP3 because it kept bluescreening during bootup. :angry2:

Fitzchivalry
06-01-2009, 09:09 PM
1st of all... Install xp sp3. Get your pc up to date.
2nd. In your task manager make sure to click "Show Processes from all users" on.
3rd. Even with this off i see alot of exe's running on your pc. Try to find out what they do and dont start them if you dont need them. (click start->run and type msconfig, on the startup-tab you can deselect stuff so they wont startup when you boot).
4th. Get some more RAM. 1,5 gb isnt all that anymore. Its cheap nowadays, better upgrade it to 3 or 4.

Good luck

Will try this...and yeah guess 1.5 isn't much anymore been putting off getting more.

Goonerr
15-01-2009, 05:37 PM
thats........

very odd

JeFF
15-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Do you have a motherboard that has an integrated graphics chip on it? I have a mobo with one and even though I don't use the integrated one, I still had lag when I didn't have the chips drivers installed.

Fitzchivalry
16-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Do you have a motherboard that has an integrated graphics chip on it? I have a mobo with one and even though I don't use the integrated one, I still had lag when I didn't have the chips drivers installed.

Tbh I gave in and let my GF fix it for me, I'm on my second year studying to be a system anylst but it would appear she still knows more than me-.-

Thank you to everyone who helped mind you.

Gwynin
16-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Uh that gotta hurt ;)

Muffy
16-01-2009, 02:12 PM
owned.

Fitzchivalry
19-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Uh that gotta hurt ;)

Just a bit lol -.-