View Full Version : PvP Gemming

Ailith
08-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Hiya,
Dinged 80 on my priest yesterday. Managed to get the Hateful Glad Satin Chest from Archavon too. I was the only priest there, so whilst it's not the healing version it's still decent for disc healing I think (and as a dps chest) and I was the only priest there.

So, it has two gem slots. 1 red, 1 yellow. For disc based PvP, can someone recommend gems + enchant to put on it please? I realise it's still early an no-one entirely knows what's going to work. But which gems would you recommend? I've currently gemmed 19 spell power in red, 16 haste in yellow. But I think the yellow slot could also be +resi or +hit (couldn't find any resi gems though).

Which enchant also?

Anyone have a link to a decent level 80 Disc build too? I was gunna just nick Hydrás but it looks like he was doing some instance healing when I last checked and he had some strange talent choices.

Thanks,

YuanTi
30-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Seems we're back to how it was in s1 so basically you need sta,then some sta and don't forget to add more sta,after that get some spellpower!

I know,i'm great at giving advice!

Ashborn
30-12-2008, 06:27 PM
From a melee perspective, priests are so squishy atm that gemming and chanting for anything other than resi and sta (maybe sp/resi or sp/sta if the socket bonus is decent) would make no sense to me.

Ailith
30-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I've gemmed 20 resi (from wintergrasp quartermaster) in boots. 8 resi + 12 stam in other yellow sockets. Spell power + stam in blue. That's so far. Raw spell power gems in red sockets.

I'm currently at 511 resi (expecting to break 600 in the next few days), there are times I get instagibbed but they are much rarer now. Sometimes I actually feel fairly tough with my spell power letting me down. Hoping even more gear will sort that out :)

YuanTi
31-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Mhm,i've only gotten a few pvp pieces myself+ the crafted tailor set and already i think i'm surviving for quite a long time in comparison to only a few days back.
Ofc that could also just be me adapting (ie spamming holynova+shield,regen and prom)
Looking forward to the dualspecc patch now:)