View Full Version : so

Stumpet
16-10-2008, 05:08 AM
How do you people intend to spec your enhancment shaman now? I placed the talents in a rush on Valier but when it came to Atian i was a bit reluctant.

As for exsample those wolfs are they of any use in both pve and pvp? I placed all points in enhancment appart from five witch i put in resto for mana reduce on totems but thinking of just putting all talents in enhancment and just say "fuck it" .

And im even more dissapointed with blizzard when i see what the other classes have gotten and paladin in pvp is just nasty. also seems like all classes have gotten some sort of talent to up survivability apart from shamans.

Metakerk
16-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Respecced to resto from enh yesterday, very much like the new weaponbuff + riptide for HoT's + wind shock which lowers threat as well, great addition, tho haven't had a good look at enhancement.
I also just threw my points all over the place to get quickly ready for Onyxia, so ill probably end up respeccing.
There's some good discussions going on at elitistjerks tho, I'll keep following those.

Sparna
16-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Enhance is meant to have some awesome damage mechanics now, there was even mention of duel wielding spelldamage weapons lol i think they scrapped that but i'm sure shamans have felt the love tbh just need to try it out a little more.

or spec elemental, t'is imba :)

Chou
16-10-2008, 01:06 PM
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hx0hZhbgcoxdAIkubot

i would say this for pve purpose, but my shaman is elem geared and i dont have good enh stuff, altho it works really good with elem stuff, wierdly ( lava lash takes spell dmg, and alot of it )

Metakerk
16-10-2008, 01:49 PM
btw, did some dailies as resto yesterday - actually managed to solo stuff quite easily without putting one point in elem.
spellpower working quite nicely.

Fnurgle
16-10-2008, 03:51 PM
The problem I see it with elemental off-dps as resto-spec is that while the spells hit hard, you suffer from pushbacks alot (Assuming you play solo). So your dps is worse than your gear would allow.

Sylfide
16-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I went 10-51-0 for testing. Gotta love maelstrom weapon. Did my netherwing dailies and almost every mob gave 5 points so I had another instant to pull with, dps or instant heal myself.

As for raiding I dont know yet how we do against other dps classes or how my dps is yet.

Stumpet
17-10-2008, 05:02 AM
havent had time to test the dmg myself was gona do some dailys but i got the new Hulk movie on blu-ray so i got stuck infront of the tv :)

Ill test it tonogth when im well and drunk :D

Bunneh
18-10-2008, 02:06 PM
My DPS has dropped by about 150-200 DPS overall, probably due to the crit and hit loss. Don't like the changes to be honest, need to find out where I change stuff around.

Stumpet
18-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Just did some pvp WSG its a joke and the snare remove totems is utter and nothing but complete shit, got raped by a balance druid he had the trees and knock back for when ever i get close enough and always out of range of said totem.

I had some fun pve wise doing dailys with insta heals and LB/CL but in pvp resi seems to fuck that up crit wise and i die before i stack em enhancment seems useless and compared to the burst i see from other classes shamans have become a joke and i cant see how this will even out at 80 new spell but i doubt any of them are even close to the power is see handed to other classes :(

QQ

Bunneh
19-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Indeed, PvP seems fucked for us at the moment. My Shaman is in pure PvE gear and he just falls over when a Warrior comes into range so just stopped bothering altogether now. I'm actually contemplating going Resto and just healing BGs because as melee, unless I have a healer with me, I'm toast in seconds - don't even get me started on resiliance...

I think (hope) things will improve as 80 hits but at the moment PvP seems so imbalanced it's not even funny any more.

Sylfide
19-10-2008, 02:30 PM
hehe I went AV yesterday in pure pve gear. Died loads of times but that mainly cause I play kamikaze style when doing pvp. With instant heals/chain lightning and my dogs I feel improved quite a bit. Ganking situations will always happen (mainly cause I run at the front and realise the others stopped cause of the 10 horde waiting and I didnt. )
Get you 5 charges up and keep them in reserve saved my butt a lot of times.
I dont pvp a lot anymore but I had fun.

Stumpet
19-10-2008, 03:57 PM
hehe, we can only hope it balances out at 80 but as i see it we are no better of now then prepatch we got new stuff yes but nothing seems even remotley usefull either your insta heals arre gimped by reduce heal abilitys or your stunned into death.

damn im whinning like theres no tomorrow :P

Sylfide
19-10-2008, 05:46 PM
well before patch you were killed easy, now you sometimes get off an instant heal to live a few secs longer. gotta enjoy the small stuff :P

Hephaestos
19-10-2008, 06:30 PM
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hV0hZhbgcoxdAIkubot

convection -> concussion.

should be fine on mana in raids.

Borwin
21-10-2008, 07:05 AM
I'm starting to understand the attack sequence now and when I checked reactive abilities so that "Maelstrom Weapon Ready" comes up in big fat text I'm doing fine.

Mostly using maelstrom to throw around some chain heals because it pleases me, and I didnt bother to have normal LB mapped, I'll use CL instead for fun factor until I can train LvB.

Dual windfury on slow weapons still... the dps difference of fast OH + FT not gonna show up until LvB methinks.

Use wolfowitzes whenever they are up they punch out very good damage according to WWS.

Harr
21-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Investing to crit rating gems gives me better dps with flametongue on offhand... when I was going more non spellcrit wf/wf was better.

(read: non re-gemmed on PTR where had mostly str gems wf/wf was better for me)

Raels
23-10-2008, 07:33 PM
PvP's really hit or miss, there are times when I'll run in, take on 3-4 equally geared people and come out on top, othertimes I'll attack a Rogue when he's on 50% and still die before he reaches 40%.

Bunneh
24-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Maelstrom is indeed useful, saved the tank a few times when he's been going down. I managed to get my DPS up to around 1100-1200, but that was on the dummies in Orgrimmar, so not sure how that counts - yet struggled in MgT to hit 800, which pissed me off no end - guessing dummies have no armour :)

Bunneh
25-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Slowly getting used to it, I'm a tad slower than other players ;) Hitting around 900 DPS now in Kz, so it's not all bad. Grabbed the hit rating belt off Illhoof and got the legs from Netherspite and will whack in some more hit/agil gems on those.

I still suck more cock than a chicken sucking contest at PvP though, ah well.

Stumpet
26-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Not got the rotationdown yet but did horseman on horde side and my dps seem`d fair good did use CL so mana got depleted fast but its so cool :D

But i still get capownd in pvp and palas are a joke they got 0 resi but i still cant kill em and mage aint much better nor boomkin, seems i lost what little skill i had at pvp with the patch :(

I do hope it will be better at 80 or im gona cry a bit and turn into a emo kid.

Bunneh
29-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Out of interest, what's Enh. Shaman hit cap now? I read 177 at EJ but would like to be sure. Currently have 169.

Borwin
29-10-2008, 10:11 AM
The "rotation" is awful. I'm constantly in GCD nowadays, have to stop lava lash to get a MW lightning bolt in. But everything is a joke now anyway, I just hope there will be some min-maxing fights again in the future :(

Sylfide
29-10-2008, 06:39 PM
I havent used lava lash at all yet. too busy with SS, ES and CL/LB but I guess I should just to see how that dmg is ;p

Hephaestos
30-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Out of interest, what's Enh. Shaman hit cap now? I read 177 at EJ but would like to be sure. Currently have 169.

164 hit rating for goats (13%)
176 hit rating for non-goats (14%)

that + misery (+3%) caps you on spells

Evenara
30-10-2008, 03:38 PM
The "rotation" is awful. I'm constantly in GCD nowadays, have to stop lava lash to get a MW lightning bolt in. But everything is a joke now anyway, I just hope there will be some min-maxing fights again in the future :(

Drop any pretence of having a rotation, you'll lose a significant amount of DPS if you wait for stuff to come off cooldown and use it in a set order. Instead set a priority order something like this depending on what's up.

1st choice: Lightning Bolt IF you have a 5x stack of Maelstrom Weapon
2nd choice: Stormstrike
3rd choice: Earth Shock
4th choice: Lava Lash

If you have to ignore any one of these because MW has just hit 5 stacks then DO IT - it's going to be higher DPS because a) it means you'll use more Stormstrike charges overall and b) it reduces the time til you get your next MW proc (by virtue of not having a 5x stack sitting there doing nothing because you want to play with Lava Lash).

Oh, and unless you're on trash then use Lightning Bolt instead of Chain Lightning with MW. It has a higher damage coefficient and costs less mana. If you're wasting MW on Chain Heal in PvE then you may as well give up now.

Sylfide
30-10-2008, 05:50 PM
I just tested lava lash on a dummy and imo its a waste of a gc/mana. I get 5 charges up so fast sometimes that i barely have time to let them go cause of the SS/ES gcd. Trying to fit in a lash there doing barely any dmg isnt worth it. I am with Evenara on that ranking list.
I used WF on both weapons for my little test. Havent done any serious testing in flametongue on OH together with lava lash yet.
I am at 154 hit rating unbuffed.
Dummy testing landed me at 43.7% Melee dmg, 25% WF, 11.5% ES, 10.1% LB, 8.8% SS and 1476dps before running so low on mana I couldnt cast the next LB at which point I ran off. Used WF + strength of earth totems.

Evenara
30-10-2008, 07:12 PM
I just tested lava lash on a dummy and imo its a waste of a gc/mana. I get 5 charges up so fast sometimes that i barely have time to let them go cause of the SS/ES gcd. Trying to fit in a lash there doing barely any dmg isnt worth it. I am with Evenara on that ranking list.

I think you misunderstand me. Lava Lash is not a waste of a GCD in any way but it is a less effective use of one than LB/SS/ES. So if any of the above are up at the same time as LL, use them instead. If everything else is on CD/not fully charged THEN use Lava Lash. The alternative is using nothing and actually wasting the GCD until something else is up and you don't need me to explain why that's going to result in lower DPS...

Sylfide
30-10-2008, 07:19 PM
oh well. I meant maelstrom got 5 charges up so fast I have to decide what to do hence its a waste cause I do more dmg with a LB over a lava lash.

if you do have free time then do it by all means. it is dps even if its low dmg. it all adds up

Frazoma
30-10-2008, 07:28 PM
IF they buff Windfury Totem again will be cool.

Evenara
30-10-2008, 07:30 PM
If all else fails just use Shock and Awe (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info10730-v2.61.html) and watch the priority monitor.

You can turn off the WF cooldown monitor though since waiting til your WF cooldown fades until you use Stormstrike will actually lower your DPS now rather than increase it.

Sylfide
30-10-2008, 07:37 PM
I use SS when ever its up, same with ES and LB.

Stumpet
31-10-2008, 05:56 AM
Evenara you have had any problems with shock and awe? Cause i use it but suddenly it gave me loads of errors so i had to turn it off..

Borwin
31-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Yeah I've been using chain heals for some fights but I keep forgetting it nerfs my crit enormously. But even though I use LB only it feels like a big button-mashing mess!

Evenara
31-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Evenara you have had any problems with shock and awe? Cause i use it but suddenly it gave me loads of errors so i had to turn it off..

None at all. Either turn off lua error display or make sure you've got the latest version.

Bunneh
01-11-2008, 10:12 AM
It worth using Flame Shock any more in the rotation? As it stands I tend to use SS/ES and when Maelstrom is up, dependant on amount of mobs either LB or Chain Lightening. Lash just seems crap in general, but I'm likely not using it correctly.

Stumpet
01-11-2008, 10:26 AM
i dont use it anymore just ES and LB and lava lash when everything else is on cd, did it in MH last nigth and it work ok didnt have dmg meter so couldent check my dps.

First time raiding after patch so my rotation wasnt spot on, and i forgott to update shock and awe

Evenara
01-11-2008, 02:41 PM
There's no rotation :<

And don't bother with Flame Strike, it doesn't consume Stormstrike charges and the DoT can't crit. It might be more useful when Lava Burst comes along but that remains to be seens.

Stumpet
01-11-2008, 04:04 PM
So just spam whatever`s ready then :D

Psonica
01-11-2008, 04:15 PM
There's no rotation :<
Welcome to being an affliction warlock ...

However, one that is quite inventive can come up with a good castsequence macro that comes close to a very good rotation (good enough to do when leveling a future restro shaman as ench). I personally nabbed mine from a EJ discussion :)

Evenara
01-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Erm, can you link that macro?

I'm guessing you're talking about a macro for the pre-3.02 talents here since Maelstrom Weapon procs are far to unpredictable to castsequence and, more to the point, you aren't going to have it while levelling until you're level 55 or so, at the earliest.

And I didn't mean that not having a rotation was bad, I meant that I thought we had already agreed that it was undesirable to try and set one since it would mean doing nothing with GCDs while waiting for other abilities to come off cooldown. My dismay was that this doesn't seem to have sunk in D:

Psonica
01-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Well, you do have to manage Maelstrom procs manually ofcourse, no way to predict those in a simple macro. The macro assumes that you have Lava Lash so it no use before you get that:

/startattack
/castsequence reset=6/combat Earth Shock, Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Earth Shock, Lava Lash, stormstrike, Earth Shock, Lava Lash, Stormstrike, Earth Shock, Lava Lash;
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()Very spamable. :)

Edit: uh, and don't forget to use Windfury Weapon on MH and Flametongue Weapon on OH.

Edit2: note that the above macro isn't 100% efficient (you can't have that from a macro) but it does it's job well when you are leveling.

Stumpet
08-11-2008, 10:30 AM

Seems that when i play either of my lvl 70 shamans Shock and Awe works perfectly, but when i play my new shaman thats only lvl 13 the addon makes loads of errors it seem not sure why yet.

It dont seem to recognice(spelling?) flame tounge as a weapon enchant cause i get spammed when im in combat that weapon enchant is missing.

And i do ofc have the latest version :)

Rall
16-11-2008, 11:22 AM
We're really the new rogues when it comes to buttonsmashing

Wich sucks

r
i
n
s
e
n
r
e
p
e
a
t

Harr
16-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Worst part of it is that can't use fixed rotation...

Metakerk
20-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Hrm, bumping this topic, what do you think about Lava Burst?
It's got quite a cost though for a fairly high damage, and starting your 'rotation' with Flameshock, then wait for MS to get charged and get Lava Burst which will proc Elemental Devastation/Elemental Focus might give a nice start, but I'm not sure wether it's worth it. Mana-cost wise it seems quite ok with Elemental Focus but relying on MS to get up before FS has worn off might be a bit of unsure hassle?
Even though, with [Glyph of Flame Shock] (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41531) it might be pretty good.
Just dinged 75 last night so haven't really played around with it myself (also, didn't take Elemental Focus yet but will end up doing so) but just interested in other's opinions.

Metakerk
20-11-2008, 04:05 PM
/facepalm
Excuse me, little correction as Lava Burst can't benefit from MS so it's a bit less profitable then. Still wondering what people think about it though, been trying it this day, and although the both procs are nice, the casting time is a bit of a :(.

Harr
21-11-2008, 12:21 AM
At lvl 80 its very useful to force elemental devastation proc when crit % has plummeted so low. Mob is in a world of hurt after flameshock + lava burst + stormstrike + earth shock combo. (Very high burst damage in PvP too but not very likely to pull it off)

Borwin
24-11-2008, 11:31 PM
what what lava burst what.

oh heres my combo:

Legendfierce
19-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Aimed more to the arena crew shamans.

So with the changes incoming and the well overdue elemental spec geting a nice revamp, It leaves me thinking as a resto shaman if we could benefit from the change aswell it some aspects i'll give an example.

So im resto and currently i go down the enh tree to get instant ghost wolf which helps out don't get me wrong but would it be worth changing the instant ghost wolf for the elemental talent that reduces ALL damage by 6% and ofc the +dmg on lightning bolt etc.. I often find myself helping to nuke down the oponent in arena so why not ? And unfortunatly being a shaman i spend half my time stunned with no way out of it taking alot of damage so surely the 6% deduction would help quite some.
I'd lose serious kiting abilities and it would make LoSing abit harder im just curious what other people think and what they intend to do ?

Written on phone sry about typos...