View Full Version : Rogue LF duels, any kind, any place, any class/spec

Adharc
11-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Soik, gnome rogue, is looking to improve his modest PvP skills by dueling. If you're interested, post here and state your class, spec, name and faction, or contact me in-game, and I'll come to wherever you wish at (almost) whatever time you're online to duke it out a couple of times, or more.

I can't ensure great play, since I'm still rather inexperienced, but I improve bit by bit. :)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT - by any kind I mean naked duels, 10-second duels, race duels and whatever your mind can come up with.

EDIT 2 - for Hordies (since you're more prone to PvP), I'm gonna camp the front entrance to OG starting 9pm this evening.

Benchi
11-10-2008, 12:12 PM
i can duel ya

faessen
disc
43/5/13
alliance

Adharc
11-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the duels, good fun :)

Although now I have a fear of meeting priests over 1750.

Also thanks to Kanzei, made me laugh :D

EDIT - OH! Chopper as well, for showing me the fine details of gravel and dirt. And introducing Selythia, terror-in-plate come 3.0.2 !

Fireyjimmy
12-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Pick me if you think your ard enough :D

Malakali
12-10-2008, 11:51 AM
I wanna play, prot warrior :P

Adharc
12-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Then get online, the both of you!

Stim
13-10-2008, 02:20 AM
/moo

Naturzel
15-04-2009, 07:18 AM
I'll come duel if your still up for it :P Feral druid, /w me ^^

Adharc
21-04-2009, 12:00 PM
I'll come duel if your still up for it :P Feral druid, /w me ^^

Yes, thanks for those duels - remember, staying in bear form is critical ;p

Currently looking to duel, in order of priority - rogues, mages, warlocks, priests.

Way, waaay to few of those Alliance-side, at least good ones. (Hi Konzar / Judgefudge / Darigon / Lirony / Harolder / Raklezz!)

Gimme a whisper with an Alliance alt, reply here or send me a PM. Can meet up wherever you wish (Dalaran -> Icecrown being ideal).

Raklezz
21-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I'll kick your butt a few more times np ^^

Bunneh
21-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Can probably give a whilr on my Paladin at some point - me crap too, so we'll be an even match :)

Gamling
22-04-2009, 08:51 PM
I could go for another gnome sandwich

Adharc
23-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Can probably give a whilr on my Paladin at some point - me crap too, so we'll be an even match :)

Sure! Name?

I could go for another gnome sandwich

Bastard. I lost 3 2v2s yesterday where it came down to me vs ret without cooldowns and I lost with them @ 1-2k hp. And that's exactly happens in duels WITH cooldowns vs you and any other ret who's not and/or undergeared.

But yeah, sure, why not? ;(

Atreyas
23-04-2009, 10:56 PM
God soik you nub! dont make me come back to shadowsong and woop-yo-ass again! :P
How are ya mate?

Adharc
24-04-2009, 11:51 AM
God soik you nub! dont make me come back to shadowsong and woop-yo-ass again! :P
How are ya mate?

Pff, Ravencrest >:0

I'm great, like I said before I had high hopes for the season, and I wasn't dissapointed in the least. 2v2 is going awesome, once we get our team rating up to our matchmaking rating I'm expecting to break 2k if not this week, then the other for sure. Planning to log in @ server starts in 2 weeks so I can get "server first" furious weapons :P

Aiming for, if not Duelist (in the least), then Gladiator, but there's a looooong way to that, and to get there I need to duel people.

Hence, this entire post is a mere bump. WTB DUELS! Gonna start making calendar events with "Help Soik get Gladiator, duel him" for both factions, each day :D

Morilith
24-04-2009, 01:14 PM
The problem is that duelling =/= team play. Arena is all about team play.

Ailith
24-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Well, duels are mostly to help you understand the other classes better as well as your own :)

Yeah, they wont help you with teamplay but they'll certainly help you become a better player in general.

My own current opinion on the arena ratings are that Blizzard will change the ratings calc at some point. 'Cause it seems rating are much higher than they should be in general and people are finding it too easy to get high ratings at the moment.

Adharc
24-04-2009, 01:55 PM
The problem is that duelling =/= team play. Arena is all about team play.

Team play will only carry you so far.

And as arenas are basically the only reliable team play practice, outside of them I've got the option of battlegrounds, where I haven't received a decent 1v1 or 1v2 in ages. Thus, to improve my personal skills as to mimic, at least, the opening phase of an arena match (cooldowns available for both sides), I need to improve versus select classes where I feel I am not good enough when facing them. Namely, as said above, rogues/mages/warlocks/priests, and to a lesser status hunters, paladins (both ret and holy), death knights, resto shamans. Those are in more ample supply on the Alliance side, so I've no problem facing them whenever I wish to.

Morilith
24-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Duels don't mean squat. Especially now in Wotlk. A rogue duel boils down to who'll anticipate better, a matter of I-gouge-your-trinket, that's not skill. Pull that off in arena and you'll get your face handed to you anyway. Get a partner and spam arena matches, that's a far better bet than dueling the same person over and over until they make a mistake. And if you have to duel, at least do it in arena so you can learn how to pillar hump like a pro.

Lac never ever did any duels in durotar, yet he was still the best mage on the server. Go figure.

Lothaar
27-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Duels don't mean squat. Especially now in Wotlk. A rogue duel boils down to who'll anticipate better, a matter of I-gouge-your-trinket, that's not skill. Pull that off in arena and you'll get your face handed to you anyway. Get a partner and spam arena matches, that's a far better bet than dueling the same person over and over until they make a mistake. And if you have to duel, at least do it in arena so you can learn how to pillar hump like a pro.

Lac never ever did any duels in durotar, yet he was still the best mage on the server. Go figure.

firstly,fair points morreh, and all accurate, except infferno was better(imo) than lac :) tho i didnt play alot with lac, but infferno was truly awesome, and i still remember beating you two a few times in s3(yes, we did get the openers, yes, i did get carried by infferno ;) )

Edit: on topic, lol, i'd love to duel you sometime when i get back on(had a 3 month break) Mesmerized troll rogue :)

Morilith
29-08-2009, 03:28 AM
firstly,fair points morreh, and all accurate, except infferno was better(imo) than lac :) tho i didnt play alot with lac, but infferno was truly awesome, and i still remember beating you two a few times in s3(yes, we did get the openers, yes, i did get carried by infferno ;) )

How does that even remotely have anything to do with the point I was making?

Right, it doesn't.