View Full Version : Any twink/pvp guilds?

Poto
30-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Elo, i have a 19 twink shaman looking for a pvp guild that runs weekly premades for twinks - on the alliance. The name of the twink is Vixela.

Do /w me :)

Flawless
30-09-2008, 04:27 PM
premades for twinks? Holy shit.

Muffy
06-10-2008, 10:32 AM
premades for twinks? Holy shit.

sounds.....fun..

Full of skillful players. s

Senister
06-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Do you really need to premade when you twink? Has the twinks completly swarmed lowlevel BG's to the point where it is required to be premade with other twinks to win? Man I will never set my foot in a lowlevel BG again...

Turiel
06-10-2008, 12:08 PM
No no not swarmed with twinks, its just MOAR FUN to kill a team of normal people when you have 10 twinks instead of just yourself.

Faylin
06-10-2008, 12:11 PM
/spit

Vegelus
06-10-2008, 12:13 PM
As it is needed to group with other twinks. Last time I've tried some 10-19lvl on my herd hunter I've seen at least 3-4 twinks if not more.

Gwynin
06-10-2008, 02:55 PM
In the 30-39 bracket where my twink operates there tend to be atleast 5-7 twinks (for some reason mainly UD rogues, go figure) on horde side and 5 or less on alliance, thats the average for my wsg games atleast but ofcos somtimes the numbers are a tad different.

Đightrain
06-10-2008, 05:26 PM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=10532281614&sid=1&pageNo=2#22

Actually, we have been discussing new battlegrounds quite a bit lately. Wrath of the Lich King will feature Strand of the Ancients (attack/defend) as well as Wintergrasp (non-instanced, world PvP).

But past that, we are exploring ideas that would involve expanding our Battleground content in future patches and beyond. We believe we have some strong ideas for improving Battlegrounds and PvP as a whole in the game and we're definitely going to focus on improvements in the future. Now, it's very early to be talking about some of this stuff but I think it's important for the community to know that it's on our minds.

Our general thought is that we could provide more BG content over time. The BG content that we could provide could be of higher quality with a higher degree of accessibility. Overall, we'd like to have more content and variety. We also want the gameplay experience in the BGs to be better directed. We're also exploring the concept of a complimentary "competitive" bg system as well. Over time, we'd like the focus of PvP to shift back to being more BG-centric and more focused on Horde versus Alliance -- the core of our game.

We're also planning on improving some Battleground and PvP features in general. For example, we want to give you the ability to queue for Battlegrounds from anywhere in the world. We're also going to explore EXP gain through the PvP system as well as low level itemization to support that.

Please don't take this post as a promise. This won't be an overnight process. Not all of these things are set in stone and guaranteed to happen. It would take us a while to shift in this direction. But these are some of the current thoughts on the development team. I think it's important for you guys to know some of our thought process in regards to PvP.

Turiel
07-10-2008, 05:24 AM
Heh essentially, "we like the bgs in WAR".

Fnurgle
07-10-2008, 06:35 AM
As long as they don't fuck up the PvE aspect (even more) by their feeble attempts at PvP, I don't care. Blizzard should keep pushing for their minigame e-sport of Arenas. They missed the train for open field pvp, I doubt they can catch up now.

Senister
07-10-2008, 06:43 AM
I bet if you spend enough money on steroids you could catch up with a train...

Senex
08-10-2008, 09:10 PM
We're also going to explore EXP gain through the PvP system as well as low level itemization to support that.
I'll see your quote and raise you this:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=10697502130&pageNo=1&sid=1#7

"Battlegrounds wins/losses and honorable kills will not award experience after the next patch, nor upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King. It could always happen somewhere down the road as we work to improve PvP progression, but there are no plans for changing this in the immediate future."

Turiel
09-10-2008, 06:43 AM
I'll see your quote and raise you this:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=10697502130&pageNo=1&sid=1#7

"Battlegrounds wins/losses and honorable kills will not award experience after the next patch, nor upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King. It could always happen somewhere down the road as we work to improve PvP progression, but there are no plans for changing this in the immediate future."

Makes sense, wotlk is essentially finished now and adding in exp gain in BGs at the last minute would throw balance off.

Vegelus
09-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Finished? Balanced? Where? :P

Well getting exp from BGs would at least stop one shit, called twinking.

Chou
13-10-2008, 01:38 PM
well, now twinking can start to be good, you will need to do alot of dailies and crate alot of chars to have a top enchanted and geared 19 char ! har har har.

but tbh, i had my lock to 49 and did about 5k kills there, with a full set of fucking + shadow and spell dmg - was something else than one shotting everyone, but fun :)

no need to be level 19 and top geared to 2-button-kill everything easily, just play a rogue!
( the last line was a bad joke, i agree )

Iyachtu
14-10-2008, 05:58 AM
Ive been playing my lvl 39 shadowpriest in battlegrouds on Sylvanas, with about 300 spellpower. While it's fun to melt faces, you get ripped to shreds by rogues, and trust me, they are everywhere.
Not a single game with atleast 3-4 twink rogues, come to think of it... it's not so much different from lvl 70 pvp, where there are atleast 5-6 rogues in each game.

Gwynin
14-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Well same sorta goes for my 39 lock, affi spec is sorta fun tho when specced :D

Quite enjoy to watch ppl just fairly quickly die even if they managed to kill me :D

Still wondering if demo or destro specs would work for lock twinks tho

Iyachtu
14-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Im going to level to 49 and see if the bracket is any different, i really doubt it however.
Still, pvp is pretty fucking depressing as alliance.
You would think that people would learn something from the lower lvl brackets of pvp, but no.
The same fuckwits who doesnt have a clue at 39, sill dont have a clue at lvl 70, and say things like "we never win!"
"Yeah, that's right retard , because of people like you!" /facepalm

Chou
14-10-2008, 09:19 AM
One thing that amuses me is the 60 AV on your battleground -

i join with my 55 hunt, on various days -

always have 40 horse 20 ally, horde wins in 5-10 mins :S how can i get my ice barbed spear ?!

Turiel
14-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Those horses make all the difference.

Chopper
15-10-2008, 01:21 AM
zing!