16-09-2008, 10:26 AM
I currently have mixed feelings about the Elemental spec, I really cant decide whether to stay as elemental come WotLK or as soon as I hit 80 go resto.
Is ToW, Elemental Oath, Heroism going to make elemental a viable spec.
16-09-2008, 03:02 PM
A list of changes which some may not know about.
* All totems are now considered on the "Physical" school, and no longer magical spells.
* Concussion (Elemental) now increases the damage of your Thunder and Lava Burst spells.
* Convection (Elemental) now also lowers the mana cost of Lava Burst.
* Call of Flame (Elemental): Now also increases the damage of your Lava Burst spell by 2/4/6%.
* Improved Fire Nova Totem (Tier 4) now has a 50/100% chance to stun targets hit by Fire Nova Totem for 2 secs.
* Call of Thunder (Elemental) now also increases the critical strike chance of your Thunder spell.
* Earth's Grasp (Elemental) is now a an enhancement talent.
* Elemental Devastation (Elemental) is now a tier-2 talent, up from tier-4.
* Elemental Fury (Elemental) now requires Elemental Focus as a pre-requisite
* Eye of the Storm (Tier 4) changed to give you a 23/46/70% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lava Burst and Hex spells.
* Elemental Precision (Elemental): Chance to hit reduced to 1/2/3% from 2/4/6%, but threat reduction increased to 10/20/30% up from 4/7/10%.
* Storm Reach (Elemental): Now also increases the radius of your Thunder spell by 10/20%.
* Elemental Shields (Elemental) now reduces all physical damage taken by 6%.
* Elemental Oath (Elemental): Your spell critical strikes grant your party or raid Elemental Oath, increasing critical strike chance by 3%. Lasts 15 seconds.
* Totem of Wrath (Elemental): Summons a Totem of Wrath with 5 health at the feet of the caster. The totem increases the damage done by spells and effects by 280 for all party and raid members, and increases the critical strike chance of spells and effects by 3% against all enemies within 40 yards. Lasts 2 min.
* Lava Flows (Tier 9): increases the amount of bonus spell damage on your Flametongue Weapon by an additional 15/30/45%, and increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Lava Burst spell by an additional 6/12/24%.
* Astral Shift (Elemental) reduces all damage taken by 30% while stunned, feared or silenced.
* Storm, Earth and Fire (Tier 10): Your Lightning Bolt gains an additional 2/4/6/8/10% of your spell power, your Earth Shock's range is increased by 1 yards and the periodic damage done by your Flame Shock is increased by 10/20/30/40/50%.
* Totemic mastery (Restoration) removed, all totem ranges increased from 20 to 30 yards.
* Nature's Guidance (Restoration) removed.
* Healing Focus (Restoration) is now 3-point spell, down from 5-point.
* Totemic Focus (Restoration) moved to Tier-1, up from Tier-2.
* Tidal Focus (Restoration) moved to Tier-2, down from Tier-1.
* Enhancing (Enhancement) Totems is now a Tier 1 talent, up from Tier-2.
* Ancestral Knowledge (Enhancement): Now increases your Intellect by 2/4/6/8/10%, instead of increasing your total Mana by 2/4/6/8/10%.
* New Talent: Elemental Shields (Enhancement): Increases the damage done by your Lightning Shield orbs by 5/10/15%, increases the amount of mana gained from your Mana Shield orbs by 5/10/15% and increases the amount of healing done by your Earth Shield orbs by 5/10/15%.
* New Talent: Mental Dexterity (Enhancement) - Increases your Attack Power by 33/66/100% of your Intellect.
* Wrath of Air Totem is now a flat 5% spell haste totem.
* Flametongue Totem is now a flat spell damage totem. All ranks have been modified.
* Flametongue Weapon now increases spell damage in addition to it's damage proc chance (currenty top rank is 70 spell damage)
* Frostbrand's snare effect has been increased to 50%, up from 25%.
* Ghost Wolf's mana cost is now 13% base.
* New ranks have been added of Water Shield, starting at level 20. (Level 20, 27, 34, 41, 48, 55, 62, 69)
* Shapeshifting will no longer cancel Water Walking.
* Stoneskin Totem now increases armor instead of reducing physical damage.
* Tranquil Air Totem has been removed. (Threat is being addressed by modifications to the base threat of players and/or "baked" into tanking abilities.)
* Windwall Totem has been removed.
* Bloodlust and Heroism affect whole raid and have been changed to add: After the completion of this effect, those affected will become Sated (Exhausted in Heroism's case) and unable to benefit from Bloodlust (Heroism) again for 5 min.
Some New Spells
8% base mana
20 yd range
7 sec cooldown
Instantly blasts the target with a gust of wind, causing no damage but lowering your threat, making the enemy less likely to attack you, and interrupts spellcasting and prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 2 sec.
Lava Burst (Rank 1)
22% Base Mana
30 yd range
2s cast time
8 sec cooldown
You hurl molten lava at the target, dealing 888 to 1132 Fire damage. If Flame Shock is on the target, Lava Burst will consume the Flame Shock, causing Lava Burst to critically hit.
Hex (Rank 1)
20 yd range
1.5s cast time
45 sec cooldown
Transforms the enemy into a frog. While hexed, the target cannot attack or cast spells. Damage caused may interrupt the effect. Lasts 30 sec. Only one target can be hexed at a time. Only works on Humanoids and Beasts.
Thunderstorm (Rank 1)
Talented (tier 11)
You call down a bolt of Lightning, energizing you and damaging nearby enemies within 10 yards. Restores 5% mana to you and deals 595 to 679 Nature damage to all nearby enemies, knocking them back 6 yards.
Wrath of Air Totem
Summons a Wrath of Air Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster. The totem provides 5% spell haste to all party members within 20 yards. Lasts 2 min.
Summons a Flametongue Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster. Party members within 20 yards of the totem have their spell damage and healing increased by up to 73. Lasts 2 min.
Stoneskin Totem (Rank 8)
Summons a Stoneskin Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster. The totem protects party members within 20 yards, increasing armor by 860. Lasts 2 min.
Strength of Earth Totem (rank 6)
Summons a Strength of Earth Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster. The totem increases the strength and agility by 86 to all party members within 20 yards. Lasts 2 min.
16-09-2008, 03:25 PM
come online this eve and chat to me bout it, pewpew elemental!
17-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Nothing to add? Well off to the EJ forums for hopefully a glint of hope.
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.