View Full Version : Priest Racial Changes

Ailith
16-09-2008, 08:58 AM
In an upcoming build all Priest racials have been retired, except the following:

* Desperate Prayer - This is now the 11-point talent in Holy, Holy Nova is now a base ability. Cooldown also reduced to 30 seconds.
* Devouring Plague - Now a base ability. Cooldown reduced to 30 seconds, mana cost greatly reduced.
* Symbol of Hope - Now a base ability. Now restores 5% base mana every 2 seconds for 8 seconds to your party. Renamed "Hymn of Hope."

While this change does reduce the "uniqueness" of different Priests, we feel game balance as a whole will benefit.

Note: These new "racials" are not racials, they are trainable to all Priests.

So, devouring plague for all! No need to spec holy nova. Desperate prayer now a talent.

Minimac
16-09-2008, 10:59 AM
I just feel rather disappointed in the fact they are getting rid of priest racials. Yeah the new stuff looks good but I would rather be more unique due to my choices than balanced out so that we can all be the same and fulfill the same rolls and choose the same spells. My Dwarf priests used to be loved for fearward, now a priest is a priest no matter what the race Meh! I think blizzy and making some things just too balanced and easy and taking away our toons individuality!

Senister
17-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Oh teh noez my Shadowguard!

But well I think they made the right decision when they gave Fear Ward to every Priest, it was a very powerful tool that made some fights easier... unlike say Shadowguard.

sara
17-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Hex of mini-MS :(

Smellyskele
17-09-2008, 11:30 AM
finally get a better spell than touch of weakness yay.

captpicard
18-09-2008, 09:55 AM
No need to spec holy nova.

I danced all around the room for this change. I cannot express my happiness, its just awesome.

Smellyskele
18-09-2008, 10:15 AM
oh shit. they are removing consume magic.. NOOOOO :(