View Full Version : Twinking - End of an era?

Atreyas
11-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Hey guys, Zanez ere, Some of you may know my twink as Twinkyz.

Well recently ive found that theres smaller amount of twinks around, and even when i enter wsg it seems theres pretty much one or two. if that sometimes.

So if you guys have any twinks whip em out and lets get some wsg's going! it'll be good fun, send me a tell on Zanez or Twinkyz ingame.

Cheers guys. ;)

Vegelus
11-09-2008, 08:37 AM
[standard twink answer mode on]
like diaf?
[standard twink answer mode off]

Arthran
11-09-2008, 08:45 AM
i tried doing some BG's on a new alt im leveling, made me want to gouge my eye's out as soon as i got in a BG against players the same level with tripple my hp and quadruple my damage. screw that crap

Muffy
11-09-2008, 08:45 AM
I never had the patience to make one :(

Atreyas
11-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Doesnt take long to make one tbh, its just a pain in the butt :)

Vegelus
11-09-2008, 08:55 AM
i tried doing some BG's on a new alt im leveling, made me want to gouge my eye's out as soon as i got in a BG against players the same level with tripple my hp and quadruple my damage. screw that crap

And it was still quite easy to rip their asses with green geared 18lvl huntard. Just like kiting Artorius the Doombringer

Atreyas
11-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Im guessing your speaking for only rogue twinks there veg.

▄ber
11-09-2008, 09:04 AM
And it was still quite easy to rip their asses with green geared 18lvl huntard. Just like kiting Artorius the Doombringer

Quite easy?

Hunters are so OP in 10-19 & 20-29 brackets that even an idiot can cope against twinks. :P

Vegelus
11-09-2008, 09:17 AM
well tru.dat :P
Tho getting through that wall of hps with lvling gear takes some time ;).

Faylin
11-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Some of you may know my twink as Twinkyz.
The ingenuity and brilliance used in naming your twink is beyond my comprehension. You sir, deserve a medal.

Atreyas
11-09-2008, 12:00 PM
The ingenuity and brilliance used in naming your twink is beyond my comprehension. You sir, deserve a medal.

Does anybody have anything of relevance to say? Rather then just coming on here and going completly off topic.. got a problem with my twinks name then fine, keep it to yourself.

Arthran
11-09-2008, 12:05 PM
relevent: Twinking sucks, twinking was never intended by blizz and is fucking retarded, were all glad to see it dying out
offtopic: your twinks name is stupid

Muffy
11-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Elitist Beatus at the ready.

▄ber
11-09-2008, 12:13 PM
twinking was never intended by blizz

Actually it was. In a matter of fact, Blizzard even encouraged people to do so.
Doesn't change the fact though that twinks suck elderly people's ass out of a automobile's door.

Wait, what?

Gyundor
11-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Twinking is like stuffing a sock down your underpants.

Turiel
11-09-2008, 02:10 PM

Haha awesome analogy.

But yeah you'll find the majority of people here intensely dislike twinking and if its dying out (I don't know because I dont play low level bgs anymore because of twinking) then thats a great thing.

Paint it how you like, using high level enchants/etc is an unfair advantage against your average player levelling up.

Some twinks may well be skilled, but if you can win without this unfair advantage, then why do you need it?

Someone else mentioned before that twinks were people that failed at lvl 70 pvp. And come to think, I don't know of any of these so called 'amazing' or 'legendary' twinks in this battlegroup who also have a top ranking level 70 character.

Faylin
11-09-2008, 02:51 PM

Hahahahahahaa. WIN.

Senex
11-09-2008, 03:37 PM
I transferred my level 19 twink off the server to make room for the death knight.

Faylin
11-09-2008, 03:38 PM
When just deleting would have been a much better idea :<

Senex
11-09-2008, 04:04 PM
When just deleting would have been a much better idea :<
Well, it gives me an extra character to play with when Cyclone is down. It's not like I paid for them, after all.

Arthran
11-09-2008, 04:16 PM
hooray for free transfers!

Gwynin
11-09-2008, 06:07 PM

That explains why the lvl 70 pvp players look like they have an elephant in their pants....

Flawless
11-09-2008, 06:19 PM
at least they're trying ;o

Kathra
12-09-2008, 10:14 AM
The day it ends will be a great day for casual alts and new players

Utena
12-09-2008, 08:03 PM
I love twinks & I love selling low level epics & blues at stupidly inflated prices.

Sylfide
13-09-2008, 12:31 AM
That explains why the lvl 70 pvp players look like they have an elephant in their pants....

Its called an elekk mkay ;)

channing
15-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Well, my low lvl alt isn't a twink, but I don't think it's unfair to have one. The way I see it, you can only make a twink if originally you started from scratch and worked hard to make your lvl 70 (or whatever high-lvl main) and earned enough gold on them to pay for the gear, enchants, etc for your low-lvl alt.

So really, twinking is something that anyone can do, and everyone who does it has to go through the same thing to do it.

Đightrain
15-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Well, my low lvl alt isn't a twink, but I don't think it's unfair to have one. The way I see it, you can only make a twink if originally you started from scratch and worked hard to make your lvl 70 (or whatever high-lvl main) and earned enough gold on them to pay for the gear, enchants, etc for your low-lvl alt.

So really, twinking is something that anyone can do, and everyone who does it has to go through the same thing to do it.

zm0g did you see that?

That was the point flying straight over your head.

Gruze
16-09-2008, 04:44 AM

what about EbayEbayEbayEbayEbayEbayEbayEbayEbayEbay?

Kathra
16-09-2008, 06:41 AM

Factors involved are time and skill.

Let's say for example two players rocket to level 70 and have a fight in WSG. Player One has a lot more time for playing, so naturally his gear is slightly better. For this hypothetical example lets say Player One is equipped with full honor season two set, and Player Two is equipped with season one and a few random blues/BoE Epics.

Ignoring class and racial balance, this fight is probably down to skill. Resilience does make a difference, but with good timing and reactions the gear difference isn't really that huge. Im sure notable pvpers could play a character in lesser gear and be able to take on players who outgear them as far as level 70 PvP is concerned, unless we're talking about a MASSIVE gap (e.g. full, enchanted, BT-gemmed season four vs greens).

Now compare that to, Player One who has been playing for years, has a level 70 or two with semi-decent or maybe better gear. Experience and knowledge of other classes through playing alongside friends or guildies. Player Two however installed the game last week because he saw Bill Shatner in an advert. He gets to level 17, and since hes a casual player, gets bored of questing, so he decides he wants to go kill some baddies.

Now take that situation without involving gear or class/racial balance again, Player One should win without a problem. What happens when you introduce a situation where Player One has an advantage to the point where the fight is utterly pointless. You can two shot your enemies and their damage on you is laughable. Not only do you have a gear advantage that makes the level 70 gear gap look like a friendly tea party, but YOU are the one who has the experience and playtime to back up your so called pvp "skill".

I'm glad you guys enjoy it, and next time you play can you /spit on some new players for me please? Those fucking faggots have only been playing a month and deserve to be treated badly.

PS. I do not wish to generalise here, i'm sure lots of people find casual twinking fun, and I accept that twink vs twink fights are a creative way to play a very different type of pvp. But until you are given seperate ("heroic" maybe?) battllegrounds you are ruining the experience for other players

PPS. Wall of text crits you for 3k. And since you're a level 17 nooby faggot with 300 health you DIE TEN FUCKING TIMES

Fealor
17-09-2008, 12:42 PM
I just made a L70 twink really :). I still see plenty of those around.

tedde
17-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I have a half decent warrior twink and I dont really see the problem. I haven't really logged on to actually play him in like 6 months + but when I did there were say around 7-8 twinks on each side at least. That is fun since the geardifference is next to none except for the occational rogue with arena grandmaster trinket etc.

I find it very booring to fight other non twinks but I still see the charm with fighthing other twinks, heroic bgs , that sounds like a great idea, only what should it be based on?