View Full Version : Extreme Trolling: Help Needed

Scouserlol
30-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I post on another forum where there is an extreme case of trolling going on. So much so that this one guy whos posting (he's posting as an anonymous name but uner the idea he is a friend of the people he is targetting) has upset some seriousllllly dangerous people. Anyway, there's a big witch hunt on the do and I'm wondering if there is anything you can do with this guys email address further than finding out what ISP he uses or what proxy he connects from.

Thanks!

Vegelus
30-08-2008, 04:32 PM
That depends what else he uses that e-mail adress for. If it's only that forum (and/or other when he only trolls) then he can feel safely. If he's using that adress for more serious business/forums/anything else or it isn't his private adress then there is a lot of possibilities - from just googling that adress - that could help with tracking him.

Über
30-08-2008, 04:32 PM
So.. You mean you went badmouthing the wrong guys and now they're after you?

I'd suggest leaving the country. Fast.

Scouserlol
30-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Nope :) It's not me sadly :D

Ajial
30-08-2008, 06:17 PM
seriousllllly dangerous people <--- on the internet? What was it? www.mafia.com/forums

Sylfide
30-08-2008, 07:04 PM
www.murder.inc/forums

Anathema
31-08-2008, 02:21 AM
I post on another forum where there is an extreme case of trolling going on. So much so that this one guy whos posting (he's posting as an anonymous name but uner the idea he is a friend of the people he is targetting) has upset some seriousllllly dangerous people. Anyway, there's a big witch hunt on the do and I'm wondering if there is anything you can do with this guys email address further than finding out what ISP he uses or what proxy he connects from.

Thanks!

Short answer: no.

Long answer: no you're an idiot for thinking that any half-decent troll wouldn't be using both a proxy and a throwaway email address.

Scouserlol
31-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the comments, even the smart-ass ones but his IP addrress was checked against another forum and he was unmasked :) He'd posted on the other forum about what he does for a living and the pieces were put together from there.

PS - No one said he was half decent, the level of flaming and confidence in his posts just portrayed he was.

billtheelf
31-08-2008, 11:35 PM
screenies or it didn't happen... thnx :)