View Full Version : Other madmen /women?

Angwold
17-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Any other bullheaded people fanatically clinging to the holy school out there?

I have played my priest since first beta, and stayed holy all the time.

I tried shadow, but i sucked. If you imagine an unimagable scale, i still was below detection on that scale, thats how bad i was weilding shadow powers :)

I do enjoy speccing disc every now and then. I find nuking with holy spells much beneficial for my own part.

Obviously, i have the advantage of getting a few odd dps gear peices every now and then as i am playing within a raiding outfit.
Still, i find it utterly amusing when my SWSTATS shows me at 1400+ dps using holy fire and smite primarily.

In SWP healing specc i canīt break 1k dps, but with full disc specc and crit gear, 1.4k is nominal. It keeps me entertained :)

Obviosly, the unability to provide any added benefits as holy will always prevent any and all dps speccs for priests besides shadow. But still, it is utterly fun to nuke with holy spells. que "the things that should not be" by Metallica :)

We should instigate an uprising of holy powers! :)

/Ang

Arthran
17-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Holy Nova + MH trashwaves = Beating mages on dps :P

Our priest officer does it, scarystuff

Angwold
17-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Ah, holy nova ofc, how could i forget!

Magisters terrace, all the fishes! :)

No other nuking and in healing gear ends up at 140k dmg done fishes alone! (itīs behind the sofa!)

Also, at lvl 60, scourging Gnomeregan for fused wiring for repairbots. I run in and holy nova everything to ensure "tapping" of the mobs while Mangwold and his pet gets me out of trouble :)

Infact, i think i am hopelessly aggresive with holy nova when duoing stuff together with Mang, but thats whats siblings are for, to bail you out of difficult situations :)

/Ang

Ajial
17-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Such an agressive dwarf!

Gyundor
17-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Such an typical avarage day dwarf!

fxd.

Ruud
19-08-2008, 01:41 AM
Holy Nova + MH trashwaves = Beating mages on dps :P

Our priest officer does it, scarystuff

Seriously, get better mages

Minimac
19-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Any other bullheaded people fanatically clinging to the holy school out there?

We should instigate an uprising of holy powers! :)

I am the same, been shadow for 1 week out of over 3 years :D I mostly raid heal, but we sometimes do full priest groups in my guild for a laugh. We are imba! lol

Arthran
19-08-2008, 09:51 AM

no, you get better Holy DPS Priests :P

Valoran
20-08-2008, 09:50 AM
You'd actually be surprised. Holy nova is OP, even if just situationally (hi felmyst). I wouldn't say it was worth it for progression, but topping meters as a disc priest can and has happened. Just read the tooltip and be a little bit more open minded.

There was a US guild who brought a priest specced something similar to this (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxMhkhxtrxotfet) to felmyst, for iDS and to cover a lack of dispels, results were surprising. You could dig up the thread on EJ if you were so inclined.

Arthran
20-08-2008, 09:57 AM
yup, Holy Nova + MH trash = wincakes