View Full Version : WotLK Enhancement + Elemental Devastation + Lava Burst Crit

Borwin
21-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Stole my own message from guild forum:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?shaman=553033100001000000000000000000000000000000 00000000303050031050213353115001050

This is a big-crit enhancement + elemental build.

5/5 Maelstrom Weapon will mean an instant Lava Burst every 15s or so according to EJ forums. To get this and Elemental Fury I've sacrificed Improved Stormstrike, which means about -2% dps at its highest.

Dunno how much dps the Lava Burst crits will count for as it depends on spelldam coefficent etc... if its not enough I guess this is a more melee oriented spec:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?shaman=053030100000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000305052031050213353115201051

What do you think?

Borwin
21-07-2008, 08:56 AM
I guess it would be fun to cast instant chain lightning in some fights too! Pew pew

Stumpet
15-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Anyone heard anything more about shaman love in wotlk im curiose and to lazy to look for myself :)

Harr
15-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Casting, even if its instant with the procs, will most likely reset swing timers, which is bad.

Stumpet
16-08-2008, 09:52 AM
did some looking and there seem to be no game breaking things in store for the shamans be it any one of the talent trees, and in official forums ppl are already whinning over stuff thats not official from blizzard yet :P

Matzumo
18-08-2008, 10:27 AM
dumbass changes to enhancement :P, reckon I'm gonna play elemental in WoTLK if I'm gonna keep playing my shaman

Haridim
26-08-2008, 11:49 PM
3.0 is out soon, so that makes things a bit more interesting. Coming next month.

About swing time: I'll check it out on the beta, will reply in a couple of days max.

p.s. builds : http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...13353115231051 - suggestions?

Stumpet
27-08-2008, 04:53 AM
Im playning my enhancment shamy in beta and i feel like i get my ass handed to me all the time i take loads of dmg from the mobs i feel compared to most other player is see in beta.

Cant remember my talent build atm been a few days since i played beta but im sure its shit and im still 70 im lvling slow as hell.

Haridim
27-08-2008, 11:03 PM
They are still working on the shamans. Also, if you haven't noticed, your stats are completely revamped.

With talents Intellect provides AP.
Agility gives 1 ap.
41 Agility (or 40) gives 1% critical strike rating.
Strength gives 1 ap!

Also Ghost Wolves are still NYI, which means they will be changed as well.

Swing timer is currently reset by the instant casts, but that will soon be fixed, so don't worry for that.
About leveling: That might be just because you are used to faster dinging in Vanilla WoW. A lot of experience is needed to level, but you gain a lot as well. It's a bit harder than TBC, but then again, TBC leveling is relatively fast.

Borwin
28-08-2008, 05:31 AM
My T6 enhancement shammy is getting whipped while my blue geared pally goes around one shotting (ok almost) mobs. Shammy needs a big revamp for me to play that instead of paladin in wotlk.

Stumpet
28-08-2008, 05:50 AM
I noticed the AP stuff and it did give me somewhere between 200-300 more AP then i have in BC ofc i dont have T6 just some pve gear and as everybody else some S1-S2 stuff.

Sofar the most fun i have had was discovering i can use waterwalking and ghostwolf at the same time so i spend loads of time running on the water idling killing the odd fish or whale :)

Also the wolfs we cant summon when talented, dunno how they are at higher lvls but at 70 they are a joke and made for nothing else then summon to get away from silly mobs mass spawning on top of you. Not tested them in pvp mitgh be they have use there.

anyways im not much for theorycraft im just one of the masses hoping to become OP in wotlk :P

Timothy
28-08-2008, 09:46 AM
They are still working on the shamans. Also, if you haven't noticed, your stats are completely revamped.

With talents Intellect provides AP.
Agility gives 1 ap.
41 Agility (or 40) gives 1% critical strike rating.
Strength gives 1 ap!

Also Ghost Wolves are still NYI, which means they will be changed as well.

Swing timer is currently reset by the instant casts, but that will soon be fixed, so don't worry for that.
About leveling: That might be just because you are used to faster dinging in Vanilla WoW. A lot of experience is needed to level, but you gain a lot as well. It's a bit harder than TBC, but then again, TBC leveling is relatively fast.

Ouch that's a pretty big nerf in terms of stats when considering current strength heavy shaman gear isn't it?

All of a sudden agility gear would become vastly superior to strength gear for shamans.

example
Vindicator's Chain Sabatons (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33878)
pre: 33 agi, 18 crit, 38 atk = 38 atk, 2.14% crit

Vindicator's Linked Sabatons (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33896)
pre: 33 str, 34 crit = 66 atk, 1.54% crit

(not considering INT of which both have an identical value)

Plus you gain dodge ... unless I messed up which could totally happen.

Stumpet
28-08-2008, 11:01 AM
I guess blizzard still wants us to roll on hunter lewt seeing these changes

Sylfide
28-08-2008, 11:18 AM
so now we have no option but take the hunter loot?

*edit* damn too slow :P

Arthran
28-08-2008, 11:32 AM
just face it, you Enh shamans are just mellee hunters now :p

Haridim
31-08-2008, 07:12 PM
I do not want to talk about Bloodlust changes and buff changes in total. Could easily mean our extinction if Blizzard fuck up with our damage as well(placing it below other melee) in WotLK

Gyundor
31-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Wow this suddenly changed into the MMO-Champion boards...

ITS
STILL
IN
BETA
RELAX

Haridim
01-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Wow this suddenly changed into the MMO-Champion boards...

ITS
STILL
IN
BETA
RELAX

I don't want to be the one to break the news, but rumours go that content patch will strike within a month or a month and a half(content patch = new talents, etc). Meaning they don't have much time to do 'dramatical' changes, but rather fix current bugs and scratch their nose a bit.

Stumpet
01-09-2008, 10:06 AM
I don't want to be the one to break the news, but rumours go that content patch will strike within a month or a month and a half(content patch = new talents, etc). Meaning they don't have much time to do 'dramatical' changes, but rather fix current bugs and scratch their nose a bit.

Aye and there was just a patch in beta and no talent fixes nor anything else that i could see :(

Gyundor
01-09-2008, 10:07 AM

Instead of going by rumours you should invest some more time into actually reading up on some blue posts. Like the one that said the patch will go up on the PTR to be tested there, or even then the ones that said Patch3.0 =/= WLK end state for talents, or maybe the numerous amounts of blue posts stating that if they and/or the community feel a class/spec is falling to far behind that they will try and rebalance it.

Ohw and btw rumour says Aliens will attack soon... I would pack my bags if I was you.

Timothy
01-09-2008, 10:19 AM
*settles down with popcorn an soda to wait for the fireworks when Gyundors head explodes*

Can't be long with all the self-righteous fury going to his head.

Seriously you are like the guy jumping up and down screaming "DONT FIGHT! GUNS ARE BAD!"
in front of 2 guys merely arguing over what might be the best next move in a game of chess.

Gyundor
01-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Actually I am the guy that doesnt seem to think the world will end... unlike some.

If we have to believe every poster that is like that Wrath of the Lich King will leave us with 0 viable classes... sounds like a awesome game to me!

PS: There is only tentacles exploding from my head... ask Gwynin!

Stumpet
01-09-2008, 01:50 PM
"Ohw and btw rumour says Aliens will attack soon... I would pack my bags if I was you."

Luckely i have several guns :)

and non nerfed by blizzard

Gyundor
01-09-2008, 09:36 PM
"Ohw and btw rumour says Aliens will attack soon... I would pack my bags if I was you."

Luckely i have several guns :)

and non nerfed by blizzard

Im finally being taken home, please do not shoot my relatives... they come in peace and shit like that!

Haridim
02-09-2008, 12:18 AM
well tbh, I don't see this as the world ending, all I am doing is commenting. And if it was THAT hard for you to understand, let me put it simple: This is just an open arguement, made by sensible people who can justify themselves in a proper way using proper English. Raging(at least from my side) isn't included, at all.

Now, about the testing and things: They have brick loads of work to be done. I mean... a lot. They're still working on the shamans yes, but from my point of vue, they will most likely not make drastic changes to the class.

3.0 != WotLK, that's what you think. Well... you're right. It's not. It's just that they will release both soon(3.0 a bit sooner than wotlk, doh). And I don't think they will have the time to turn things all around.

Not to mention that the project of the buffs revamp is a massive new idea. The whole pov of Blizzard towards raid composition is being changed atm. Surely they don't make massive changes like revamping raid compositions and buffs just to check, having nothing to do? Nope, they put a lot of thought behind it and they will probably keep it that way. Chances aren't 100% , nobody said they are. I'd say they are 60-40 or 70-30 even taht Beta buff-style is going to remain like this.

And even if it sucks.. well, they will hate to admit it at first, that's for sure. Then they'll try to fix it, by modifying it. Then they'll make it good enough once again. But, I am almost certain about this. Even using the word 'almost' simply because I hate putting down numbers like 100% on a discussion thread(or at least what I think of it). Anyway, I'm almsot certain that they will test the new buffing way at least in teh live version. To see what response they get from the ENTIRE community in a normal raiding environment in Northrend.

p.s. Err... those guys ain't alliens lol. They;re just visitors from Starcraft II. Sorry, invited em over, but some spaceship teleported em to someplace. So now they're lost.

p.p.s. Thanks for reading and just a reminder: This isn't war, this is(NOT sparta either) a discussion topic. And since I'm writing this in 3am, it might not be fully correct, for which I apologize.

Flawless
02-09-2008, 12:39 AM
ITT - Same shit different expac

Haridim
12-09-2008, 08:39 PM
What about the newest changes? What do you think?

Stumpet
14-09-2008, 04:55 AM
my tougths about blizzard atm

http://www.ShadowsongEurope.com/forum/imagehosting/1896448cc9914e44e2.jpg

Borwin
15-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I agree. Enhancement shaman at least is a big mess. They have to do something different with maelstrom weapon and the pets are a joke. Id love if maelstrom weapon was instead a CD spell that adds frost and nature damage which puts you in a exhausted state after used.

Harr
16-09-2008, 10:38 AM
More I test it in PTR more confirmation I'm getting to stop playing WoW. Not going to waste time on another expansion playing gimped class / spec (No, I don't want to roll to another class in WoW because enhancement shammy is what I "enjoy" playing most).

Impossible to get 5 charges maelstorm charges up in PvP to get even instant heal to help on survibility. Rogues still anal rape without being able to do anything (went with 12k armor and 30% damage reduction from shamanistic rage to 0 while stunned). Spirit Wolves don't even scale with gear, lose one and can't use their abilities. (4k hp wolf, hello). 2/2 talents in Spectral Transformation is supposed to give 100% chance to remove snares but it only works half the time. (Apparently still under spellresist mechanic, frost shock got removed very randomly)

So in short to Blizzard: Up Yours Grandmotherfuckers, not getting my montly subscription anymore.

Timothy
16-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Shame ... have fun in Warhammer Harr ... It's obvious from how you sound that you need something new.

PS: Make sure you pick a popular and currently strong class on the stronger side as Mythic has a track record of
giving a rats ass about class balance from back in DAoC (and I don't see why they would change that).

Stumpet
16-09-2008, 06:36 PM
More I test it in PTR more confirmation I'm getting to stop playing WoW. Not going to waste time on another expansion playing gimped class / spec (No, I don't want to roll to another class in WoW because enhancement shammy is what I "enjoy" playing most).

Impossible to get 5 charges maelstorm charges up in PvP to get even instant heal to help on survibility. Rogues still anal rape without being able to do anything (went with 12k armor and 30% damage reduction from shamanistic rage to 0 while stunned). Spirit Wolves don't even scale with gear, lose one and can't use their abilities. (4k hp wolf, hello). 2/2 talents in Spectral Transformation is supposed to give 100% chance to remove snares but it only works half the time. (Apparently still under spellresist mechanic, frost shock got removed very randomly)

So in short to Blizzard: Up Yours Grandmotherfuckers, not getting my montly subscription anymore.

I have this year lvld 2 shamans to 70 both enhancment and i had great fun i also at times enjoy`d pvp but its getting silly shaman dont have one anti class they have 8 and soon 9 with the arrival of deathknigth the talent trees looks nice at first but you fast realise its just a new coat of paint beneth theres nothing but rust. Dunno if i will quit but im trying warhammer and if its better maybe just maybe

Legendfierce
19-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Shamans are fucking pro!

Harr
19-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Its a bit better now after the latest patch (in PTR) but after removing spectral transformation mages are impossible to beat again. (Kiteable again)

Snare removal to earthbind totem... what are they smoking... do they think we are within that 10 yard range long in PvP ?! (not to mention earthbind totem has 5hp and it has 15 sec cooldown).

Matzumo
19-09-2008, 09:28 AM
enhancement shamans are the new boomkin @ arena in WoTLK, not that we didn't already sucked in arena they managed to buff mages so much they're basicly impossible to even damage before you get nuked down. ;¨/

Legendfierce
19-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Lets face it Shamans are shit have been ever since TBC hit the shelves they wont get any better because blizz aint got a fucking clue about the class and never have i mean before tbc they could 3 shot anything now we can't so shit, I mean i spend half my gametime logged in chasing somebody geting kited like a moron, We have about as much cc as my left testicle tell u what would make shamans better, Just make us all into mounts so we can be somebodys bitch aswell. Imo when we drop a earthbind totem EVERY SINGLE moving pixel in that area should be slowed then i'll be happy.

And heres where the in pve shamans are superiour and group buffers, Well not everybody plays pve i think its shit gief back pre tbc raiding anyday, Tell you what ima just reroll then watch the class imbalance change again and again and again till every class has had a chance as being the ez mode char to play, Druids used to be worthless so what do they do make them unkillable untill oom then give them a cc with no cd which everybody and his son can use and it be effective, Gief back the WoW which needed skill to play and not some fucky imbalance.//

Tífa
19-09-2008, 02:32 PM
pffft you didn't 3 shot everybody! i beat you!.... once lol

Borwin
20-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Snare removal will be awesome on teron trash tho! !!!