View Full Version : WotLK Changes

Turiel
18-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Warrior

Anticipation (Protection) now increases chance to dodge by 1/2/3/4/5%, moved to tier 2.
Challenging Shout cooldown reduced to 3 minutes.
Death Wish (Fury) no longer makes you immune to Fear effects.
Death Wish and Sweeping Strikes have swapped locations in their respective talent trees.
Defensive Stance now increases threat by 45%.
Defiance (Protection) removed, replaced by Incite and moved to a new location on tier 2.
Hamstring now only has one rank and no longer causes damage.
Improved Bloodrage (Protection) now increases rage generation of both the instant and over-time effects by 25/50%.
Improved Disarm (Protection) now reduces the cooldown of Disarm and Shield Break by 5/10/15 seconds and increases damage taken by disarmed targets by 4/7/10%.
Improved Shield Block (Protection) now has 2 ranks and reduces cooldown of Shield Block by 5/10 secs. It no longer increases the number of blocks.
Iron Will (Arms) now has only 3 ranks, reducing the duration of Stun and Charm effects by 10/20/30%.
Last Stand (Protection) cooldown reduced to 6 minutes.
Mace Specialization (Arms) can no longer trigger more than once per 6 seconds.
Mocking Blow now only has one rank and causes weapon damage, cooldown reduced to 1 min and can now be used in Defensive Stance.
Overpower now only has one rank and no longer causes any bonus damage (i.e. weapon damage only).
Poleaxe Specialization (Arms) now also increases critical damage done by Axes and Polearms by 1/2/3/4/5%.
Pummel now only has one rank and no longer causes damage.
Shield Bash now only has one rank and will cause damage based on a % of AP.
Shield Block now increases chance to block and amount blocked by 100% for the next attack. Cooldown increased to 30 seconds.
Shield Slam is now available to all warriors, starting at level 40.
Shield Specialization (Protection) moved to Tier 1, now increases rage by 2 on a successful block.
Sword Specialization (Arms) can no longer trigger more than once per 6 seconds.Toughness (Protection) moved to tier 3.

Mad pvp nerfs :(

Muffy
18-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Thunkowned

Faylin
18-07-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm curious about Mortal Strike/Bloodthirst specs :D

Taurusos
18-07-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm curious about Mortal Strike/Bloodthirst specs :D

What would the point be? Shared CD.

/Tau

Faylin
18-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Is it? :<

Corruption
18-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Well, at least all warriors now have a way of dispelling (should it be needed in arena)!

Surely that makes up for your nerfs? Alright, I guess not. About time you got nerfed anyway, shits. Next stop Rogueville.

Muffy
18-07-2008, 12:29 PM
How do you know its shared cooldowns when you can't use both in the same spec? ( Just asking! )

Tsarina
18-07-2008, 12:33 PM
How do you know its shared cooldowns when you can't use both in the same spec? ( Just asking! )
Private servers.

Muffy
18-07-2008, 12:42 PM
ah ok cool , ty

Valoran
19-07-2008, 07:18 AM
Initial calcs show that currently Titan's grip is basically just for leveling, DPS figures seem to be higher with TG initially, but as AP scales, it falls behind. More so with the replacement of WF (which this spreadsheet doesn't show).

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pBN7Db_BoWYnsaeCs_OOwUg&gid=0

Guess it'll be changed eventually, but spreadsheet numbers right now aren't encouraging.

Otherwise, I'm quite looking forward to the changes in general. Protection looks awesome and I really can't wait for the move away from a set TPS rotation and into a much more skill based method for threat generation. Mixing it up, so to speak. Shockwave seems like an awesome 5 man talent, too.

Taurusos
19-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Not a fan of WF changes. At all.

Hmm.

/Tau

Vegelus
19-07-2008, 09:41 AM
You might not be. But my pet surely will be. :P

Valoran
19-07-2008, 11:03 AM
The way I see it, removing windfury as a totem and raid buff (afaik it still exists in its current form for shaman as a weapon imbue) allows Blizzard a lot more freedom to do other things with melee dps. It allows them to alter Sword Spec as a PvE dps tool without it becoming overpowered in PvP situations where a combination of WF and SS would provide too much burst. At the same time, it also allows them to tweak rage generation to the point where you can generate enough rage without WF totem that melee dps isn't *required* to have a certain totem to be competitive. This seems to be part of blizzards master plan for raiding in WotLK, as part of a movement away from inter-class dependency.

For example, currently, if you want to have two melee DPS groups, then you require two enhancement shaman. This; along with other changes such as moving totems and various other buffs raid wide, the removal of BoS etc, allows raid leaders to create raids with much fewer constraints on group composition, easing the stress on guild management and roster make-up.

Flawless
19-07-2008, 12:28 PM
What about new talents? or have I missed them? :G

Kinshara
19-07-2008, 01:42 PM
What about new talents? or have I missed them? :G

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?warrior

Flawless
19-07-2008, 02:26 PM
gah, I meant abilities :G

Stim
19-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Hamstring no damage?
Time to kill totems... NOT

Kinshara
19-07-2008, 03:22 PM
I think shield break is the only one showing up at mmo-c (remove enemy's shield for 10s). There was also a rumoured aoe bleed dot called bloodbath iirc.

Haven't heard of any others yet -- only 1-3 new abilities announced for each class so far.

Ogg
19-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Otherwise, I'm quite looking forward to the changes in general. Protection looks awesome and I really can't wait for the move away from a set TPS rotation and into a much more skill based method for threat generation. Mixing it up, so to speak. Shockwave seems like an awesome 5 man talent, too.

I'm worried about the Shield block change, since I think it'll just mean placing one finger on "2" and hammering it until the encounter is done. The other changes I find pleasing and happysome, and the talent tree itself is fantasticilous. Except for fury and arms warriors getting +5% health talents as well. Fuck you guys. Just fuck you.

Karadros
22-07-2008, 03:00 AM
Why are the 51pt talents for Arms and Fury in the wrong trees?

Panzera
24-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Why are the 51pt talents for Arms and Fury in the wrong trees?

Thats what i've been wondering as well, but then again blizzard also switched deathwish/sweeping strikes and talents like improved tactical mastery are still in defensive stance.

Tsarina
24-07-2008, 12:54 PM
In the protection tree, perhaps?

Most raiding warriors were unhappy when deathwish got moved and I'm sure they are happy when it's back. At least I am.

Taurusos
24-07-2008, 01:32 PM
sweeping strikes is a useless piece of shit for raids....all it does is add idiotic casual shit enjoyment when you can multihit trash....doesnt do squat for bosses...and dont say muru...youll live with WW and Cleave....

Oh lulz lets nuke the boss and use SS!!!

/Tau

Arthalet
24-07-2008, 01:52 PM
sweeping strikes is a useless piece of shit for raids....all it does is add idiotic casual shit enjoyment when you can multihit trash....doesnt do squat for bosses...and dont say muru...youll live with WW and Cleave....

Oh lulz lets nuke the boss and use SS!!!

/Tau

But but, that's what makes it fun ! :<
Anyway I'm very happy to see Deathwish back in fury tree where it belongs, whether the 51 point talent is worth it or not I don't know now, but it will for sure be fun flying through the air landing down some scums dealing damage, feeling like Gimli in the lord of the rings.

Bleetman
24-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Dwarves should require a second player to assist, then.

Panzera
28-07-2008, 08:30 AM
In the protection tree, perhaps?

Most raiding warriors were unhappy when deathwish got moved and I'm sure they are happy when it's back. At least I am.

yeah thats what I meant :d

Agression
02-09-2008, 05:06 AM
So far the fury warrior seems really nice. Have not tried arms yet myself. But it sure look promising.

Flawless
03-09-2008, 02:07 PM
what I really want to see is some glyphs

Stim
07-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Warrior glyphs look more useful than other classes. At least for now :S

Turiel
07-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Post em?

Stim
08-09-2008, 05:25 AM
Glyph of Battle - Increases the duration of your Battle Shout ability by 1 min.
Glyph of Barbaric Insults - Your Mocking Blow ability also taunts the target.
Glyph of Blocking - Increases your block value by 10% for 10 sec after using your Shield Slam ability.
Glyph of Bloodrage - Reduces the health cost of your Bloodrage ability by 50%.
Glyph of Bloodthirst - Increases the healing you receive from your Bloodthirst ability by 20%.
Glyph of Charge - Increases the range of your Charge ability by 5 yards.
Glyph of Cleaving - Reduces the rage cost of Cleave by 5.
Glyph of Devastate - Your Devastate ability now applies two stacks of Sunder Armor.
Glyph of Enduring Victory - Increases the window of opportunity in which you can use Victory Rush by 5 sec.
Glyph of Execution - Your Execute ability deals damage as if you had 10 additional rage.
Glyph of Hamstring - Gives your Hamstring ability a 10% chance to immobilize the target for 5 sec.
Glyph of Heroic Strike - You gain 10 rage when you critically strike with your Heroic Strike ability.
Glyph of Intervene - Increases the number attacks you intercept for your Intervene target by 1.
Glyph of Mocking Blow - Increases the damage of your Mocking Blow ability by 25%.
Glyph of Mortal Strike - Increases the damage of your Mortal Strike ability by 10% but the healing penalty is reduced by half.
Glyph of Overpower - Adds a 50% chance to enable your Overpower when your attacks are parried.
Glyph of Rapid Charge - Reduces the cooldown of your Charge ability by 20%.
Glyph of Rending - Increases the duration of your Rend ability by 3 sec.
Glyph of Resonating Power - Increases the maximum targets affected by your Thunder Clap ability by 4.
Glyph of Revenge - After using Revenge, your next Heroic Strike costs no rage.
Glyph of Shield Slam - Increases your block value by 10% for 10 sec after using your Shield Slam ability.
Glyph of Spell Reflection - Reduces the cooldown of your Spell Reflection ability by 2 sec.
Glyph of Sunder Armor - Your Sunder Armor ability affects a second nearby target.
Glyph of Sweeping Strikes - You generate 30 rage over 12 sec when you use your Sweeping Strikes ability.
Glyph of Taunt - Increases the chance for your Taunt ability to succeed by 8%.
Glyph of Thunder Clap - Increases the radius of your Thunder Clap ability by 2 yards.
Glyph of Victory Rush - Your Victory Rush ability has a 30% increased critical strike chance against targets above 90% health.
Glyph of Whirlwind - Increases the number of targets you Whirlwind ability hits by 1.

Glyph of Wall of Text crits you for 1337 :D

Flawless
08-09-2008, 10:30 PM
These are for real?

Some really nice ones in there.

Vegelus
02-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Berserker Rage will now be usable in all stances.
Bai bai stance dancing, was fun to play with you.

Chou
06-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Fury is teh pve, yaar? but what about fucking arms? did anyone try that out with infinite rage and slam not reseting swing ? could even be interesting to take infinite + rampage, axe or sword mode, lotsa rage lotsa dmg

Evilstein
06-10-2008, 07:21 AM
I'm sure as hell gonna give Arms a good try. Looks awesome!
Doubt it will compete with Fury as end-game spec but it doesn't look at all shabby, tbh.

A bit curious what you can do in Battle Stance, though.
Taste for Blood + Unrelenting Assault in combination with Imp. Slam and no reset on swing timer when using it.
Shouldn't be too much standing and waiting for the next swing... :D

Chou
06-10-2008, 07:26 AM
dont laugh, but i will try out the rend/overpower combo for pve :S

Aggression
06-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Sudden Death talent + Glyph of Execution = nice, hehe
And about Glyph of Sunder Armor. Do you think it can stack from Devastate? Or would warriors need to throw off Sunder Armor to affect a second target? Would be fail if it wont work with Devastate. :/

Valoran
06-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Sudden Death talent + Glyph of Execution = nice, hehe
And about Glyph of Sunder Armor. Do you think it can stack from Devastate? Or would warriors need to throw off Sunder Armor to affect a second target? Would be fail if it wont work with Devastate. :/
It works with devastate. :)

Aggression
06-10-2008, 10:22 PM
It works with devastate. :)

Wow, nice. :)

Vegelus
07-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Wow, nice. :)

If it only applies sunder then yea, it's good, tho not so much when soloing (who cares?). If it applies dmg from devastate then it might cause some problems (lolCC).

Chou
07-10-2008, 07:36 AM
if it applies the damage from devastate im going to be an imba aoe tank.

Vegelus
07-10-2008, 07:51 AM
if it applies the damage from devastate im going to be an imba aoe tank.
Not applying damage from devastates is a lot better imo. Think about CCed targets getting sunders and thus not breaking (but you are increasing your threat on them).

Valoran
07-10-2008, 03:43 PM
It only applies the debuff (and the threat, obviously). It does however hit neutral targets, and might accidently aggro additional mobs.

And I wouldn't worry about aoe threat too much, between thunderclap, damage shield and cleave etc, mobs will stick to you pretty well. AoE tanking is a lot easier now.

Chou
09-10-2008, 06:48 AM
And teh shockwave ... hmmmz

Vegelus
09-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Chou tanking again? Oh my :D.

Gwynin
10-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Has there been any suggestion on what is the 'best' fury spec post 3.0 yet?

Rakior
11-10-2008, 04:56 AM
PvE build (fury)

Well given the constant changes atm first build ill try out is:

Lvl 70
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=LbZhxb0E0ubeRVziobI

Lvl 80
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=LG0f0bZhxb0E0ubeRVziobI

Heroic strike glyph will make spaming high crit% heroic strikes very rage effective.

Edit:
alternative lvl 80 build:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=LhrczfhZhxx0i0ubeRVzAo

Chou
13-10-2008, 07:25 AM
is that me or armored to the teeth changed again ? ffs

i thought it was STR and not AP bonus for armor

Faylin
13-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Yes, it was changed :<

Vegelus
13-10-2008, 07:48 AM
is that me or armored to the teeth changed again ? ffs

i thought it was STR and not AP bonus for armor

Armored to the Teeth -- Changed to AP, but amount reduced to 1 per 360 armor (to compensate for the loss of Blessings of Kings etc.). We implemented this talent for dps warriors and didn't want it to feel like the ultimate Shield Block Value talent. It's still good for Protection, just not as good. Death Knights will get the same treatment.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/10/10532266545-upcoming-protection-changes.html

Chou
13-10-2008, 01:17 PM
1 str every 200 armor

switched in 1 ap avery 180 armor.

that's a nerf, not a transformation from str to ap :>

Armored to the Teeth -- Changed to AP, but amount reduced to 2 per 360 armor (to compensate for the loss of Blessings of Kings etc.). We implemented this talent for dps warriors and didn't want it to feel like the ultimate Shield Block Value talent. It's still good for Protection, just not as good. Death Knights will get the same treatment.

"changed" to AP, they say. And i like the power of their "reduce" word.

Vegelus
13-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Still it's a good talent for it's place - encouraging dps warrs to choose plates over similar/better leathers. Also with Arm->AP transision it's in line with other classes' talents: Int->AP for enha shammies and Int->AP / Sta->AP for hunters.

Chou
14-10-2008, 06:49 AM
yeah your right veg, as always ...

but meh ... how are we supposed to use our rend/overpower combo if we have to pummel/intercept heals all the time :S will pummel add a " requieres battle stance " to its info text ?

Chou
14-10-2008, 07:18 AM
retaliation 5 mins cd WHAT Oo

THIS IS THE 2nd BEST CD ABILITY WE HAVE, BABES !!!

Instantly counterattack any enemy that strikes you in melee for 12 sec. Melee attacks made from behind cannot be counterattacked. A maximum of 20 attacks will cause retaliation.
Instant, 5 min cooldown

Gwynin
14-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Guess it could help tanking multiple mobs, not sure tho since I dont tank :)

Iyachtu
14-10-2008, 08:36 AM
It's awesome in pvp, especially with those twirling swords around you, telling your opponents : "Watch out, he's doing some crazy stuff, just hang back and get him in a sec".

Vegelus
14-10-2008, 08:52 AM
retaliation 5 mins cd WHAT Oo

THIS IS THE 2nd BEST CD ABILITY WE HAVE, BABES !!!
And CD isn't shared with Shield Wall and Reckleness anymore.

@Iyachtu: like a lot of warrior's abilities. ;)

Chou
14-10-2008, 09:02 AM
its CD isnt shared with reck ... WAT u tell me i can riposte critical hits ? lael. :whdat:

and what you think about ... this spec for 70 pvp tomorrow Click me (http://thottbot.com/wotlk/warrior/t#koBfoxzRJS/j1)

Evilstein
14-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Hm, why Unrelenting Assault but not Taste for Blood?

Haven't played Beta but that seems like a tasty combo if there ever was one...

Chou
14-10-2008, 05:35 PM
well, i find unrelenting assault much better than taste for blood :S

Evilstein
15-10-2008, 05:52 AM
I wasn't suggesting you'd remove the points in Unrelenting Assault.
I just think that putting points in Taste for Blood makes Unrelenting Assault shine so much brighter so personally I'd try to free up some points to get that too. :)

iTank
15-10-2008, 07:30 AM
can't wait to get home, got s3 sword and stunherald at bags waiting xp~

But omfg what a dumb-ass feeling I just got now that I remember what I sold during TBC-when needed space in bank. The both 2-handed axes from BWL that I so much wished to wear at the same time back then.... meh.

BUT no worries! I need to spank some RP'ers to BWL now for Elememtium ores. Gonna get the thunderaan finally, pewpew! <3

Gwynin
15-10-2008, 09:02 AM
As for fury spec it seems that some high end warriors feels that its utter shit at 70, cos you lack talent points to get all the stuff needed to make it good. Combined with how awesome bleed effects were on the ptr, they seem to ignore TG for now.. Anyone able to comment on that who has tested it on the ptr, dont care about whats awesome at 80 :)

Seen a few warriors saying that they will use a talent spec like this one or atleast fairly close to this one
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LN0h0fZhxb0E0ubeRVzh

thurlog
15-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Deep Wounds gives an incredible amount of damage so as Fury you can't ignore that and have to spend 15 into Arms-tree. That leaves 46 points which isn't enough for a 51 talent :-)
I haven't tested TG myself due to lack of good 2-handers, so i can't say if the lack of deep wounds can be replaced by better dps from TG.

I'll start off with this build http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LN0h0fZGx00EbubeRVzz and maybe toy around the coming month if i get my hands on some 2-handers :-)

Vegelus
15-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Heard something about fury/prot spec (with Incite?) but can't say anything specific. My warr will stay prot for sure, something along the lines of Vene's 5/3/53.

Gwynin
16-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Seems that even incite isnt worth getting, mainly cos you have to use 8 talents to get it. Those 8 seem to be better spent in fury/arms, in a way so that you end up with 15 arms and rest in fury.

Impale/Deep wounds dots stack currently which seems to be the reason it will outperform TG no matter what, also heard ppl claiming to have had DW tick for several 1000s points of damage after some massive crits and therefore dmg stacking.. :o

Some sort of minor tweaking proberly needs to be done, but I think Im gonna raid with this spec
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LN0h0fZhE00E0ubxRVzh

Chou
16-10-2008, 07:10 AM
tested Gwyn's spec and this one ( as dual wielding ) ------> $$$ (http://thottbot.com/wotlk/warrior/t#nUJ3o18RZS/n1)

It fucking rocks, but i mean, you land 6k crits INSIDE your rotation. its MAD.

ho and, prot pvp sucks compared to 53/8 arms, at least for duels :)

Vegelus
16-10-2008, 07:15 AM
Also - tanking is just one big lulz - aoe everything!

Tried KZ - Attu - ~20sec, Mores aoed with adds - ~30-40secs, same with Maiden. Then tried Gruul and Lurker - same thing.

And Vigilance is imba.

Chou
16-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Specced prot, went hero shattered ... i felt like a tankadin.

Faylin
16-10-2008, 08:47 AM
As for fury spec it seems that some high end warriors feels that its utter shit at 70

I think Chonar will disagree on that, judging by his numbers y'day.

Sparna
16-10-2008, 11:02 AM
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warrior/talents.html

so far i have gone for 5/3/53

and when Wrath hits i will go for 5/8/57 adding cruelty, warbringer and improved TC

personally that seems the obvious choice? anyone got any other suggestions...

also on a slightly crazy note, i have t5/hyjal gear and i hit a 3.5k SS on the dummies yesterday (havnt tried any real tests) and went and played a little on my kara/badge gear ele shaman and only hit a 3.2k LB....

the shame :( also the shaman changes are sweet :) i can imagine the output at 80 being crazy sweet :P

anyway, warriors seem to be rocking!

Chou
16-10-2008, 11:05 AM
take impale and your set, you will generate more threat and everything spamming dps around you will be pleased

Sparna
16-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Hmmm i dont like the thought of going that deep in arms, the 2nd tier is pants and i hear Heroic strike will feature less and less in our rotations. plus i'm not a big fan of the warbringer talent so the improved charge isnt on my wanted list, hmm i dont think i agree?

think you can sell it to me?

Faylin
16-10-2008, 11:26 AM
How can you not be a big fan of Warbringer? :<
Best. Talent. Ever.

Sparna
16-10-2008, 11:35 AM
i'm not a fan of charging after things kargath bladefist style...

i dnt know... how often would you use it... added the CD is still there so u couldnt go Kargath Bladefist on their butts, and if something gets away, intervine and ur at them again...

i'm not convinced as to its usefulness :P

Chonar
16-10-2008, 11:42 AM
I think Chonar will disagree on that, judging by his numbers y'day.

Things did die fast, but I gotta admit I didnt put too much thought into my spec just yet. I ended up with a point to spare in the fury tree, which I ended up putting in Enrage just to see if it'd proc on AOE-heavy fights a lot. :/ Prolly gonna respec to something a bit more like Gwynin's example eventually.

BWL and Ossirian the Unscarred are hardly proper testing subjects.

Faylin
16-10-2008, 11:48 AM
i'm not a fan of charging after things kargath bladefist style...

i dnt know... how often would you use it... added the CD is still there so u couldnt go Kargath Bladefist on their butts, and if something gets away, intervine and ur at them again...

i'm not convinced as to its usefulness :P

For 1 talent point:
- no annoying "you can't use this in combat blabla" anymore.
- good way to wrap mobs up.
- a headstart in rage is just awesome. Just stay in def stance and charge in. Profit.

Admitted, for raiding it might not be a necessity, but for 5 mans, and certainly for grinding it's just ausumsauce.

I've not decided yet bwt what my preferred stance for grinding is, but I think I'm gonna stick to def stance, 2.4k revenge crits made me happy.

Sparna
16-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Hmm i havnt had chance to try out revenge or damage shields, dummies just dont wanna hit back :(

i agree for the 1 talent point it is definatley worth it, but at 80 i will have 1 talent point left after i get what i want so of course warbringer gets the point.

thinking about it though, it will probably get my 71 point as like u said the grinding benefits are quite high :)

Chonar
16-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Prolly will end up with this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LG0f0fZhEb0V0ubeRVzh

Screw commanding presence, really. Paladins can go spec Imp. BoM and Commanding Shout can kiss my fine hairy dwarven ass.

Sparna
16-10-2008, 12:27 PM
I hope they fix the Titan's Grip problems, would be a shame to have such a cool talent go to waste :(

Chonar
16-10-2008, 12:39 PM
I hope they fix the Titan's Grip problems, would be a shame to have such a cool talent go to waste :(

It'll be just fine at 80 I wager, especially with the insane amount of +hit on lvl 80 twohanders I've seen.

Dualwielding Might of Menethil lookalikes (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=39245)? Yes please.

Gwynin
16-10-2008, 12:41 PM
TG isnt a waste, its pure ownage at 80 when you have enough talents... Its just that at 70 it so far seems to be outperformed by Deep Wounds and its stacking ability..

Afterall who can deny that a bleed effect which after a lot of crits (if you get crits before it runs out), ends up ticking for several thousand points of damage ? :)

Chou
16-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Chon cant you try to use sword spec with your glaives now that you can deal real nice dmg as dual wielding arm spec ?

i know, losing imp zerk stance sucks, but anyway, sounds very strong for levelling

Chonar
16-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Chon cant you try to use sword spec with your glaives now that you can deal real nice dmg as dual wielding arm spec ?

i know, losing imp zerk stance sucks, but anyway, sounds very strong for levelling

So I'll be even more wanna-be rogue, eh?

Chou
16-10-2008, 01:39 PM
well, rogues dont land executes neither bladestorm, quite different :)

Chonar
16-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Havent done any numbercrunching so this is just a rough guess, but losing that much AP aint worth it, period.

Turiel
16-10-2008, 02:35 PM
I tried full arms (8 in fury) and randomly proccing execute was teh awesome. 7k crits when they're at 90% health...

Sparna
16-10-2008, 02:55 PM
i want 2 frostmournes :(

think Arthas will help me out with that?

or ashbringer and frostmourne? (personally not keen on the ashbringer lore)

Godlike? anyone?

Chonar
17-10-2008, 10:41 AM
ashbringer

mien k

Turiel
17-10-2008, 11:41 AM
I've now tried fury, arms, and prot... and prot is by far the most fun in pvp. As long as you're being hit, you rape things. And in full PVE gear. Its awesome to see rogues banging on you
and you hit em with a revenge and shield slam and woops they're dead. Almost as much fun as the incoming zerg that you shockwave, fear, and shockwave again! :P

Faylin
22-10-2008, 09:33 AM
As I posted recently in the hunter forums, we increased the armor on level 83 raid bosses by 10%. This will be a nerf to warrior dps.

In the case of Arms and Protection, we don't think any adjustment is necessary at this time. Arms is doing very competitive dps, while Fury has fallen behind. We experimented with lowering the proc chance of Sudden Death, from where Arms gets a lot of its damage, but weren't happy with the result and ultimately decided to buff Fury instead.

First, we increased the percentage of AP that contributes to Bloodthirst from 45% to 50%.

Second, we reduced the hit penalty on special attacks on Titan's Grip from -12% to -5%.

NomNom.

Evilstein
22-10-2008, 10:24 AM
That's some serious buffing, right there...

Chou
22-10-2008, 11:54 AM
The future seems nice. vewy vewy nice.

Gwynin
22-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Still I dont want to be dualwielding bloody two handers, it just doesnt feel fury like for me :(

"kek we haz runz out of ideaz, naow y00 be like ze barbarian in diablo olol" :(

Sparna
22-10-2008, 03:06 PM
how can duel wielding 2 handers not feel fury? Its Bloody INSANE!!!!

BERZERKER!!!!! ZOMGWTFOWNED

i think its gna be great, makes warriors stand out even more, to me thats good news :) and if it buffs there dps, thats great to lol

Gwynin
22-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Its a personal preference if you will, arms is the 2hander tree with fury as the dual wielding 1h and ofcos prot as the shield and board tree..

Maybe I should just face it and admit that I always secretly wanted to be a rogue (proper combat one tho, daggers are lame) :)

Flawless
22-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Go to an RP server.

thurlog
22-10-2008, 04:57 PM
we increased the armor on level 83 raid bosses by 10%

That's stupid

Firreh
22-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Its a personal preference if you will, arms is the 2hander tree with fury as the dual wielding 1h and ofcos prot as the shield and board tree..

Maybe I should just face it and admit that I always secretly wanted to be a rogue (proper combat one tho, daggers are lame) :)

I was litterally about to make a post, saying almost the same thing! but then the power went out! PHAIL :(

Yeah, Titans Grip sounds like something that belongs in the arms tree, ya know the exceptional at using weapons of all types tree! it makes sense, but I suppose I know nothing about warriors, though blizzard have made simliar mistakes in the past, just not as huge.

To me its like placing imp pets in the affliction tree.

Faylin
22-10-2008, 09:39 PM
That's stupid

You're made of QQ. It's done to balance out melee and caster dps.

Evilstein
23-10-2008, 07:23 AM

First off!
There's NOTHING proper about combat rogues! Where's the f**king "rogueness" in that? :p

Also, I have to disagree about Titan Grip not being fury-like.
I imagine it kind of like an enraged warrior to frenzied up to realize that you-can't-wield-two-of-those-big-bastids-because-they're-too-heavy!

Arms on the other hand is more about control and perfecting your skills with weapons, and missing every other hit while swinging two treetrunks around is not very precise and Arms-like to me.

Chonar
27-10-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm still dreading the day I see Minibel with two of these babies running around: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=40343

Malakali
27-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Thats the best thing i have ever seen.

Firreh
27-10-2008, 02:04 PM
It makes me happy in my pants :x