View Full Version : Healing in Bg's

Stunted
11-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Ok might seem like a weird question but once i have geared my rogue, i will be thinking about healing in Bg's on my shammy and maybe my paladin. But as i've been out of the raid game for some time i'm not up on the healing mods for raid groups or mods that might show who is being damaged while i'm right next to them but not in the team.

So can anyone recommend any decent mods for a resto shaman or a paladin for mainly BG healing please?.

Timothy
11-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Grid and Clique just like in PvE.

People will love you. :P

Muffy
11-07-2008, 10:30 AM
I don't use Clique , just grid , does the trick!

Stunted
11-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks both ill check them out later.

Muffy
11-07-2008, 11:07 AM
There's nothing better than just following round some rogues or druids and spam healing them whilst they rip through shitty geared alliance!

Taurusos
11-07-2008, 11:35 AM
must be some stupid alliance since they dont notice you :P

Adharc
11-07-2008, 12:29 PM

^

Everytime I start healing in WSG/AB/EotS it becomes a 'train-the-druid' game. Or when I'm Balance. GOOD GOD PEOPLE DID YOU GET RAEPED BY A MOONKIN WHILE LITTLE? F*** OFF.

On-topic: Grid.

Theleb
11-07-2008, 05:51 PM
^

Everytime I start healing in WSG/AB/EotS it becomes a 'train-the-druid' game. Or when I'm Balance. GOOD GOD PEOPLE DID YOU GET RAEPED BY A MOONKIN WHILE LITTLE? F*** OFF.

On-topic: Grid.

*hugs*

Yep, happens every time I play my Shaman - its only a little while before the fuck-train of rogues appears. Cunts.

Grid and Clique for me.

Bleetman
11-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Eyesight.

Flawless
11-07-2008, 06:40 PM

Sums it up...

soulshift
11-07-2008, 11:41 PM

If you play Alliance each day, you don't understand the term "heals".
It's always every Alliance for himself in a battleground.
Due to the lack of experience with receiving heals, most Alliance people do not know the concept of healers and thus do not know to kill the healer.

Logic > Tau.

Adharc
12-07-2008, 10:53 AM
If you play Alliance each day, you don't understand the term "heals".
It's always every Alliance for himself in a battleground.

I disagree. In 75% of the groups running around the BG, there's a healer with them. More if they're at nodes/towers.

Lednar
12-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Honestly, it seems like the healers are more intelligent than the others running around in BGs. Sorry to say so but really...!
Atleast they seems to know what to do. Cause mostly me and a few random other healers are running to get the flag if it's WSG always. 3xHealers vs DPS/Healers for the Horde is fu.

soulshift
13-07-2008, 02:49 PM
I disagree. In 75% of the groups running around the BG, there's a healer with them. More if they're at nodes/towers.

Well that must have been a recent (1-2 month change) cause that's how long ago I've tried to actually pvp a bit without counting AV on alts. :p

Flawless
13-07-2008, 02:51 PM

Until you try to tank drek, then they fuck off.

Stunted
14-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Until you try to tank drek, then they fuck off.

Well if i take stunted, i'll swop out of healing gear and into my tanking stuff :)

Ycon
15-07-2008, 04:43 PM
If you want to try something different that Grid and Clique, try healbot: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/3802/

Bleetman
17-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Pretty much, yes (http://www.supermegatopia.com/booty/gallery/viciouscycle.jpg).

It's funny because it's true.

Sigil
17-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Honestly, it seems like the healers are more intelligent than the others running around in BGs. Sorry to say so but really...!

So true. People don't even seem to appreciate you healing them. "Look! That kind druid who has been healing me is getting attacked, let's do absolutely nothing!".
If it ain't that, then you're in a bg with people who aren't even worth healing.

Well that must have been a recent (1-2 month change) cause that's how long ago I've tried to actually pvp a bit without counting AV on alts. :p

Yeah, I'm grinding honor again :p

Muffy
17-07-2008, 08:54 AM
So true. People don't even seem to appreciate you healing them. "Look! That kind druid who has been healing me is getting attacked, let's do absolutely nothing!".
If it ain't that, then you're in a bg with people who aren't even worth healing.

Yeah, I'm grinding honor again :p

No1 ever defends me so im constantly trying to stay alive and keep everyone else alive...

I do admit tho on ruin bg you hardly get attacked... some priest let 5 ppl die trying to mana burn me in bear form lolz.

Taurusos
17-07-2008, 09:10 AM
The entire thing with "get the healer" was learned by many of us when doing them WSG pre-mades tbh.

Logic was that you as a warrior knew where your healers were and where their healers were.

There is nothing as overpowered as healing in BGs.

I remember playing with Walla, Akrea, Akronimia, Erimgard etc in pvp and the days we decided to have premade wsg, i made their icons bigger on my UI, so I could have a proper overview and differentiate our healers from others.

Nowadays, when I pvp, I pvp on Grac´e, hunter and there isnt anything more fun than catching up a druid and melee him to death while my pet intimidates the fucker.

Hearing a moonkin die, is the sole reason I got game sound on when doing BGs....

"Uehrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" xD

/Tau

Adharc
17-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Nowadays, when I pvp, I pvp on Grac´e, hunter and there isnt anything more fun than catching up a druid and melee him to death while my pet intimidates the fucker.

Hearing a moonkin die, is the sole reason I got game sound on when doing BGs....

"Uehrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" xD

/Tau

I love hunters. They're so funny standing there firing their lil' pea shooter. I can almost hear them panic and scream when I move into their melee zone. "ONOZ WING CLIP SPAM WTF SHAPESHIFT OMG"

Timothy
17-07-2008, 10:42 AM
I love hunters. They're so funny standing there firing their lil' pea shooter. I can almost hear them panic and scream when I move into their melee zone. "ONOZ WING CLIP SPAM WTF SHAPESHIFT OMG"
*Insert OMG DAZED FORGOT CHEETA AGAIN ONOZ!! here for the average alliance hunter*

Ryel
17-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Back in the days when BG raids upon joining weren't automatic, I used to invite everyone and place all NE hunters (who all used Aspect of the Dazed) in separate groups. Worked like a charm! Too bad you can't do that anymore :(

Utena
17-07-2008, 10:01 PM
If you want to try something different that Grid and Clique, try healbot: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/3802/

Definately, Healbot rox sox.

Aevorn
23-07-2008, 01:25 PM
First off, I've long since resigned to the fact that the lessons learned in instances and raids do not apply to BG's. Most non-healers couldn't give 1c about healers getting ganked. And we do .. plenty. The best part is "Retarded tank #1" yelling for healing, and all the healers being dead cause his epeen had to be biggest.

I'll heal you. I'll even get ganked, corpserun and keep healing. I must be really stupid for that, I guess. Anyways, Horde seems to find it endless fun. Most of them knows to go for the healers first, is my experience.

And I can't really believe my eyes: I've been using Healbot as my one and only healing addon, since December '05. Best one ever in. And now there are actually others recommending it. Amazing. Nice to see :)

Aevorn
23-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Ok might seem like a weird question but once i have geared my rogue, i will be thinking about healing in Bg's on my shammy and maybe my paladin. But as i've been out of the raid game for some time i'm not up on the healing mods for raid groups or mods that might show who is being damaged while i'm right next to them but not in the team.

So can anyone recommend any decent mods for a resto shaman or a paladin for mainly BG healing please?.

I'm not familiar with Clique and / or Grid. As mentioned in a prior post, Healbot has been doing the trick for me ever since I found it.