View Full Version : Resto PvP

Muffy
07-07-2008, 01:55 PM
I was wondering what options were available to me and what gems, specs etc I should / would want.

I Normally do 2's with a mace spec warrior.

I know there are a few good resto druids on shadowsong so i'm looking for some tips.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Steamwheedle+Cartel&n=Missmulgore

I do have plans for when i get back to shadowsong but the server i levelled it on and play on at the molment is a bit redundant.

I am going to get the 66+ healing leg enchant.

I Also have the required Arcane Tome's to get Exaulted.

(I also do know im not getting my meta bonus, but it is that bad i couldn't get any blue gems.)

I am also always farming honor for upgrades + Cape in the pipeline.

p.s. I have done no games in that 3v3.

Cheers

Muff

Adharc
07-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Standard gemming, last I knew, is +18 healing for red sockets and +4 resilience +6 stamina for yellow ones. Your enchants are good, just get +15 resilience on chest. Cloak enchant doesn't matter much either way, myself I prefer +20 spell penetration for MotW/warlock teams over armor penetration resistance.

As for specs, you can try 11/11/39, 12/11/38 or 13/11/37, going more offensive by the point. 4 more yards on Cyclone/Root is a godsend, and Insect Swarm can provide that extra DPS that could win the match (besides the mitigation you get from it).

Souldrago
07-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Best spec is 11/11/39 for playing with a warrior, Insect swarm is to good not to have.

Warrior/Druid isnt as good as it used to be so many anti setups for it now, best partner for a druid is now a rogue but warlock and hunter is also pretty good.

As for gems, They dont really make that much difference, get 400 resilence, then aim for max +heal as much as possible.

Also a +spirit trinket is SICK, with innervate really worth getting, even though i aint got it yet :(

It's important you read up on tactics for warrior/druid, if you aim to do well, A good website for this is: www.arenajunkies.com

Best of luck

Muffy
08-07-2008, 08:16 AM
I Know how to play the druid in pvp, keeping warriors kited for 15mins etc its just make one mistake and its game over!

I have http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28727

and i could read you arena junkies backwards...

Going to start getting epic gems as soon as i get back to Shadowsong.

I Will need to grab myself a kara guild whilst im at it!

Lednar
11-07-2008, 09:57 AM
I rather prefer having +9 healing(11 for epic gems) and +4 int or 2mp5 in my slots. But that can have something to do I'm mostly specced Restokin(34/0/27) and playing with a Rogue.

Muffy
11-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Cool, thanks for the tips.

I fancy restokin but i dont think my gears quite up to it yet so ill leave it.

I have some of the gems you mentioned but im going to get more +5 resi +7 stam i think

Wartauren
12-07-2008, 12:20 AM
Restokin isn't for playing with warriors, and for a warrior I'd strongly recommend not taking Insect Swarm unless you're going for the range-thingie anyways. I'd go for http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0zjZVMhoZVcIxcq0xsx for maximum healing power and in general survivability.

Adharc
12-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Restokin isn't for playing with warriors, and for a warrior I'd strongly recommend not taking Insect Swarm unless you're going for the range-thingie anyways. I'd go for http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0zjZVMhoZVcIxcq0xsx for maximum healing power and in general survivability.

It's still very viable, though. I remember seeing a #1 2v2 warrior/restokin in US Reckoning (or EU? can't remember). It probably takes a decent amount of skill to do it (relying more on outmana'ing healers by DPS than interrupts/pressure), but if you get a warrior who's very good at peeling, pewpew kin rage.

Rey
12-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Did someone said resto drood and skill in the same sentence?
lol

Adharc
12-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Did someone said resto drood and skill in the same sentence?
lol

You're behind the times maaan. 4pc4pc rogues are the new target of this joke.

Maaaan.

Rey
12-07-2008, 03:47 PM
I wasn't joking :l
What class exactly can kill a resto drood (apart geared rogs, and not even that most of the time)?

Lednar
12-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Warriors who's skillstunning you for a whole fight.
It's true :|

Adharc
12-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Warriors who's skillstunning you for a whole fight.
It's true :|

^

Triple mace stuns FTL.

And what class (apart from **rogues**) can kill a disc priest/holy pala/resto shammy solo? None, until they run OOM. Same for resto druids.

Like somebody said, resto druids can do a decent job without much skill, but to do an awesome job you need to be f***ing good. Unlike *some* classes.

Rey
12-07-2008, 10:56 PM
A crap/average/good rog will go just as far as a crap/average/good rdrood/war/lock (in viable combos)

And if you die to rng is your own fault......unless you got rly shit gear or get zerged, but then you are gonna die anyway :l

Adharc
12-07-2008, 11:58 PM
lol @ your avatar.

Betting 3-1 for Hafu now.

Muffy
17-07-2008, 09:26 AM
how Viable is restokin?

Adharc
17-07-2008, 10:34 AM
how Viable is restokin?

Very viable. Most druids who roll with a rogue spec into it, and these days druids that have warlock or hunter partners are spec'ing into it, mostly because restokin/rogue (FotM) owns their arses in the mana war.

Also, being able to split DPS from healer to another side of the map and solo'ing him .. it brings a tear to my eyes.

Lednar
22-07-2008, 04:38 PM
And if you die to rng is your own fault......unless you got rly shit gear or get zerged, but then you are gonna die anyway :l

Can I ask how it's my fault I'm getting RNG stuns and crits until I have <20% HP(tend to end up at 7% left somehow) and inc Execute yay? Sure, I can live with the crits but wtf, stuns?

Yeah, the mana regen is awsum <333

Rey
22-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Los the warrior? Keep hots up? Trinket? Barkskin?
I cant see how can you die to rng. What was your rog doing? You got 7k hp and 50 resi?
This if you are talking about 2v2 and the warrior wasn't with a shaman with extremly lucky wf procs+purge hots.

Muffy
23-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Los the warrior? Keep hots up? Trinket? Barkskin?
I cant see how can you die to rng. What was your rog doing? You got 7k hp and 50 resi?
This if you are talking about 2v2 and the warrior wasn't with a shaman with extremly lucky wf procs+purge hots.

Druids dont wear plate.

Rey
23-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Thank god for that

Arthalet
24-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Thank god for that

Amen

Muffy
06-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Can I ask how it's my fault I'm getting RNG stuns and crits until I have <20% HP(tend to end up at 7% left somehow) and inc Execute yay? Sure, I can live with the crits but wtf, stuns?

Yeah, the mana regen is awsum <333

This actually happned to me against a warrior, he got 4 stuns in a row. i still lived tbh but it was a fucking joke.

and i also almost got 1 shotted my a sword spec warrior with a shaman ( Shock crit me aswell ) .

cunts.