View Full Version : FAIL Battlegroups

Scouserlol
26-06-2008, 11:07 AM
What are the worst battlegroups for Arena standard? I want to move an alt there to cheese some ratings up :)

Slicer
26-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Vindication

Matzumo
26-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Yeah that's what they say

Muffy
26-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Based on what?

I hear bloodlust sucks.

Tsarina
26-06-2008, 12:13 PM
I don't want to explain why, but I have reason to believe Nightfall is rubbish.

Muffy
26-06-2008, 12:16 PM
I don't want to explain why, but I have reason to believe Nightfall is rubbish.

I also think it says that on AJ somewhere too.

Slicer
26-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Based on what?

I hear bloodlust sucks.

Shadowwodahs transferred to Vindication and got 2k... admittedly he bought that rating from a druid boosting him, but still Shadowwodahs.

Muffy
26-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Quote WCM -

Hello
** FILEFRONT IS UP BUT STREAM SUCKS; PLEEASE DL IT!

This is my second rogue PVP movie, its comprimised in DIVX.
It is based on arena 2v2, 3v3 with 3 duels vs Warrior and Warlock

I play in Vindication BG which is known for one of the easiest BG's and prolly one of the reasons why its so hard to get some good footage.

The recording has been over the last month due to low activity so it was hard to get some good recordings.
Got about 130gb with recordings - and this was the only "showable" i had left when to edit - all matches recorded are 2000+ in 3v3 and 2100+ in 2v2.

I play 19/0/42 ShS spec in all the clips exept the first one, where i am HARP (before it got nerfed)

In this movie:
2v2 with a disc priest
3v3 with druid and a Warlock or with a Rogue and Druid
Duels vs Warrior and Warlock

Gl & HF, hope you will enjoy the movie as much as i did making it.

Matzumo
26-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Based on what?

I hear bloodlust sucks.

I've read a thread on this topic in general wow forums, and most people were pointing at vindication as the easiest battlegroup, but who can really say for sure.

Though I also read that the ques were awful on alliance side, don't know if they still are after they reduced wait time

Warlee
26-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Bloodlust isnt that easy I think. At least I guess so from 'The Anwser' movie on WCM. Tho Ruins, Vindication are easiest yes. Thelich said also that Misery after all the migrates is much easier.

Adharc
26-06-2008, 04:05 PM
I presume the difficulty of a battlegroup is decided by the 1500-2100 bracket? Or lower? Overall?

Warlee
26-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Mostly by number of servers that are in bgp. Also, from what Alca said some Meric Glads from Vindication who transfered to Cyclone couldnt get over 2k with their 5s.

Iyachtu
27-06-2008, 05:09 AM
Still, it does feel abit better to perform well in a battlegroup that is as good as cyclone, doesnt it ? I mean, of the teams i was in, we never got *that* far, but was over 2k atleast.
Fighting the best makes you try harder!

Rey
27-06-2008, 02:01 PM
It would've been much more if you didn't disappeared nub!

Kathra
27-06-2008, 02:51 PM
If your alt is horde come make a 5vs5 for my rogue ;x

Rey
27-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Stfu Kafra! you didnt wanted to join my 2100 5v5

Warlee
27-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Still, it does feel abit better to perform well in a battlegroup that is as good as cyclone, doesnt it ? I mean, of the teams i was in, we never got *that* far, but was over 2k atleast.
Fighting the best makes you try harder!

Back in time it was much easier in Cyclone. After ZOMBIES transfered here and all the germans, its now kinda competitive. Tho still, setup is most important ;<

ps. rey blows

Bleetman
27-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Tho still, being a FOTM class is still important ;<
Thought I'd fix that little part for you.

Warlee
27-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Well, not really. Each class can be good in arena with right setup. For ones its easier for others its harder, but doable for all.

Bleetman
27-06-2008, 04:34 PM
It's mere coincidence that I trip over vengeful druids everywhere I go, then.

Warlee
27-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Well, druids are main healers in 2s and easiest to play healer, but our points are similar. Some combinations of classes are just unbeatable for most.

Elettrosega
27-06-2008, 11:13 PM
I say that Ruin battlegroup would be the worst battlegroup, 4 servers ..

Really no competition :P

http://nihilum.mousesports.com/en/news/800,downfall_of_the_ruin_battlegroup/

tedde
01-07-2008, 10:02 PM
I've done a lot of BG's in Ruin and yes they suck, but the top arena teams are still decent I think, they just lack intrest in pvp in general. I was on Steemwhindle or whatever its called and noone was interested in pvp at all, at the most some of them were "farming" points at 1400 or less rating :P (in any bracket)

Muffy
03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Well, druids are main healers in 2s and easiest to play healer, but our points are similar. Some combinations of classes are just unbeatable for most.

Druid is the best healer but no way is it the easiest.

I've done a lot of BG's in Ruin and yes they suck, but the top arena teams are still decent I think, they just lack intrest in pvp in general. I was on Steemwhindle or whatever its called and noone was interested in pvp at all, at the most some of them were "farming" points at 1400 or less rating (in any bracket)

Steemwheedle is a RP PVE server, Try Hakkar its full of pvpers. Saying Ruin is a bad battlegroup becase it has a small amount servers is stupid

Warlee
03-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Whats harder healer to play then? I mean in pvp.

Muffy
03-07-2008, 02:39 PM
I mean in arenas, Druids are very versitile but also very squishy if you do not know how to play them.

There is a massive difference from the occasional BG to say 2v2's.

The easiest healer to play IMO is a paladin followed by priest, I think a druid is the hardest and im sure good druids, like warcow would agree.

I suppose you can say it really matters on the partner aswell...

Bleetman
04-07-2008, 03:28 PM
The easiest healer to play IMO is a paladin
Oh, my sides. Contrary to popular belief, only having one brush doesn't make it easier to paint.

Scouserlol
04-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Oh, my sides. Contrary to popular belief, only having one brush doesn't make it easier to paint.

He did play a Paladin for the whole of Season 3 to be fair. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, I'm just saying it's not like he's forming the opinion with no experience.

tedde
04-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Druid is the best healer but no way is it the easiest.

Steemwheedle is a RP PVE server, Try Hakkar its full of pvpers. Saying Ruin is a bad battlegroup becase it has a small amount servers is stupid

Yes I am aware of the fact that SW is a RP server, that doesn't change the fact that whatever BG I joined with ppl from any of the servers in that BG it was all the same. There was one server that was half decent (cant remember name atm) but generally most ppl were free kills. The only really good pvpers I actually encountered were in arenas but then again they were in full S3 and facing teams with 1-2 parts S3 at the best and cut us to pieces each and every game. Not that I actually played against a lot of them in arena since we met a total of 4-5 different teams in our 50ish games over 2 weeks before the team disbanded.

Lonelything
05-07-2008, 12:59 AM
I would say Conviction

I transfered from Qual'thalas and the BG and Arena was full of shite players, I'm not really good at PvP but even I won most games :D

Sloth
05-07-2008, 02:45 PM
The easiest healer to play IMO is a paladin.

In 5v5 yes, 3v3 and 2v2 no way. And about druids, I wouldn't say it's hard to be a decent druid but it's hard to be a really good druid and master the class because they have so many options.