View Full Version : Halp :<

Adharc
17-06-2008, 09:56 PM
So I'm having this issue here. Me (dreamstate druid) and Ailith (shadowstep rogue) have started doing 2v2 together since around 4 weeks ago, and we've been climbing up steadily, about 100 rating per week, capping 1801 last tuesday (I think). Now, we were pretty certain we had not reached our cap, since although the matches leading from 1750 to 1800 were relatively hard, we had the creativity and play to outmatch our opponents.

After that .. it went downhill. We slowly went down to 1750, then 1700, this Sunday going as low as 1636. We've ended the week at 1686 (could've stopped at 1722 or so).

Now, I don't really understand this. One moment we're succesfully holding our own versus full S3 teams (still do, but not so much), the next we're going down to the 4/5 S3 leecher level. I find myself having more trouble surviving, our opponents seem to be getting more adept at CCing and overall play.

Ailith's opinion on most of these teams is that they suck, and we're above them. I admit, I could do a much better job at protecting myself and controling my attackers. Yet I've actually improved a bit since we've hit 1800.

A reason we came up with is all the relatively high-end (2000+) teams, and even 1900+ (shoulder-less) have decided to make the final push towards Duelist/Gladiator. But, this can only explain a few of these failures. Sure, there's the odd loss with either us lagging or silly mistakes such as healing myself instead of Ailith or cycloning/blinding the wrong target, but after 30 or so matches per week, we should've gotten our win/loss ratio up. Yet we didn't.

Okay, I've streched myself too much. TL;DR, I'm going to record a few of our matches, and I'm asking for one (or more) arena-savvy individual to help us out with our, specifically my, play.

Many thanks in advance!

Apex
17-06-2008, 10:35 PM
don't get yourself down m8, get online for 3v3!

http://www.arenajunkies.com/strategy/2v2/DSDru_Rog/

^^ if you aint already learnt it off by heart :)

Warlee
17-06-2008, 10:48 PM
omg pvp movie teh inc

Ailith
18-06-2008, 12:31 AM
zomg, dont let them see me play!!

Ailith
18-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Ailith's opinion on most of these teams is that they suck, and we're above them

In all seriousness, I'm fairly ruthless in my opinion of players tbh. And I think most players 'suck'. Some playing with me might think I think everyone sucks but I don't really. I've even /w people nice messages on Tournament Realm when I thought they played well.

Yea, we've beaten teams in full S3 gear before. Rogues with glaives, double rogues with glaives. It's been going well, and adharc generally survives enough for us to bring one down and mop up the other.

This past week Adharc has seemed far more squishy than he usually is (which is not a shot at Adharc). A frustrating week in 2v2 arena. But I'm still relatively inexperienced in arena, so I'm guessing there are things I could do to improve too. But this weeks drop was very surprising as we've been 1750-1800 rated for a few weeks now, and then we suddenly drop to almost 1650 (even below for a short time). So somethings different.

Fireyjimmy
18-06-2008, 06:33 AM
This has nothing to do with it i don't think but on the TR i seem to get absolutley raped by melee. A warrior can kill me in no time before i even get the chance to try heal and run MAEC STUN :D. And thats with 8/11/42 spec.

But im not sure if, im in mega trouble kanzei would usually come help me with a shiv/KS or in some 2 dps teams vanish and lock them down. We have our off days and sometimes get into a really bad stream of losses but then usually manage to pull it back up after a while of trying or a little break.

Turiel
18-06-2008, 08:55 AM
It may be something to do with the end of the season being announce and thus everyone is pushing for a higher rating, whereas before the last week or two, there were less good teams playing because they all have all their gear already, or were busy on the tournament realm.

Ailith
18-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I was looking on arenajunkies. And there are some teams who played at 2200 rating and have tanked to 1700+ this past week.

It may be something to do with the end of the season being announce and thus everyone is pushing for a higher rating

Yeah, I agree. And it's what I mentioned to Adharc. But still, many of the teams we lost to I didn't think were very good ;>

Slicer
18-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Jeane and I just went from 1500 to 2015 in just over two hours with a 37-4 win rate. I can't see any particularly difficult teams around, but then I'm no longer running dreamstate druid / rogue. One of our losses can be attributed to extremely bad luck through resists too.

Ailith
18-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Then... it's not me being harsh!!! *gasps*

Apex
18-06-2008, 05:07 PM
gief 3v3 tbh :)

Rey
18-06-2008, 05:08 PM
You cant really compare slic0r and chons with the average or even "high end" alliance teams!
You are being harsh!

Ailith
18-06-2008, 05:18 PM
You are being harsh!
But.. they do suck :(

Rey
18-06-2008, 07:36 PM
And they still win!

Ailith
18-06-2008, 10:36 PM
And they still win!
I know! That's the frustrating part!

I'm not saying I don't suck, mind. Just they suck and it's frustrating to lose to them ;)

Adharc
19-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Well, we sort of stabilised tonight, to 1758. My only grudge is that effin 8/10 teams have s3 shoulders. The rest have -only- one with them. Everybody (except some freaky mage) had s3 weapons. It's crazy. Double DPS is a plague.

There should be a warning when you queue up near the end of the season. "DANGER: may tank 200 rating and lose title."

Warlee
19-06-2008, 10:10 PM
well, most of them suck anyway with or without shoulders :D

its just mental barrier :P

btw found this pic on other forum, thought i will share :D

http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wowscrnshot040108153220pz5.jpg

Adharc
21-06-2008, 10:47 PM
"DANGER: may tank 200 rating and lose title."

LOL DISREGARD THAT I'M STUPID.

http://i30.tinypic.com/30u66qe.jpg

Hopekj
21-06-2008, 11:58 PM
^^ nice pic! loving the new sword Ailith! gratz on the rating guys!